GIVE ADVICE ON SEX & INTIMACY

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Sex & Intimacy / 34 minutes ago Back To Top

should I withdraw my application with this employer

I recently interviewed for an HR position and afterwards they sent me some paperwork to fill out. The email they sent me, the attachment wasn't opening so I asked them if they would resend it. They did and the attachment still didn't open. They sent it to me a third time and the attachment opened. So I had another question about what to bring to my second interview and I called to ask and the lady I interviewed with answered the phone. She stopped me in mid sentence and she basically told me off. She said if they needed anything lese2they would call and I have done all that I can do. She said that her staff is annoyed with me and just come to her with questions from now on. I wanted to tell her that if her staff did their jobs right the first time, I wouldn't have to call, but I held my tongue. When I got off the phone with her I felt so small. When I apologized for making her staff uncomfortable, she gave me a snide "Ok" i wanted to cry. Should I just give on this employeer

Sex & Intimacy / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Has anyone ever told you

that you have a very sexy voice?

- POP'd by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami

How sexy is voice to you?...

So we have this Sportcenter anchor here in our city, and she has the sexiest voice ever! It has this very unique resonance, it's chesty, high pitch, and sexily feminine. It's like the sexiest voice ever, kind of like Dusty Springfield, with more resonance sort of a voice. Her voice reminds me of jazz, with passionate trumpets playing. I've never heard anybody sound so sexy. I can listen to that woman talk all day long..lolz..from sunset to dawn...And don't even get me started about her green eyed blonde, angelic face..But that voice..She can nag at me all day long.. lolz..Have you ever fallen in love with someone's voice?..

- Asked by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering
Sex & Intimacy / 5 hours ago Back To Top

Did you know that 95% of quoted statistics

are made up?

- POP'd by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Edmonton, Retired

Skin Tones of everyone

In this world we have 4 basic shades of people, why doesn't the media, magazines, movies and advertisement portray this. We have pale, light, brown and dark skin tones in the whole world. Why does the media and advertisement shove down everyone's throat pale or light skin 95% of the time?

- Asked by leonabanks, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Skin Tones of everyone

Sex & Intimacy / 15 hours ago Back To Top

Is it ok husband not to want to do a role playing game his wife has already done with another man

Is it ok for a husband not to want to play a role play game that his wife has done with another man

- Asked by soonertog, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Oklahoma City
Sex & Intimacy / 16 hours ago Back To Top

Anyone wonder why this gent has asked me privately to not respond to his posts?

Stops him from believing that his point of view has validity.
At least that is how I see it

Someone help me see it differently.

I am open minded.

Thanks. Siouxzen.

- POP'd by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

I do not agree with all of these, but here is a list of female privileges.

What do you think?

I found this on a website and was written from the perspective of a woman. Very interesting:

1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
2. If I'm not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
10. People will help me more when I'm in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
11. When I'm on a date things will be paid for me.
12. When I search for employment I can choose jobs which I think are fulfilling without concern of whether they provide a "family" wage.
13. I can discriminate against the opposite sex ruthlessly without social penalty.
14. If I marry and quit my job and enjoy a home life and then later divorce I will be given half of the marital assets.
15. If I commit a crime and am convicted I will get a sentencing "discount" because of my gender. If I am very pretty it will increase my discount.
16. If I am a partner in crime with a man I will likely be charged with lesser crimes even though I committed the same crimes even if I was the ringleader.
17. I have the option to be outraged if my husband asks me if my behavior is due to PMS and later on use PMS as a successful legal defense for murdering that same husband.
18. At age 18 I will not be forced to register for Selective Service and will not be penalized for failing to do so.
19. At a time of war I will never be drafted and ripped from my employment, home, and family and forced to become a military slave.
20. My feelings are more important than men's lives. Every precaution will be made to protect me from harassment at work. However, males will make up nearly %100 of workplace fatalities.
21. My gender controls 80% of domestic spending. We get to spend our money if we have any and we get to spend men's money.
22. The majority of luxury apparel is designed, marketed to, and consumed by women.
23. Seven times as much jewelry will be purchased by or for me than by or for men.
24. I have a department of women's health whereas men have no such department.
25. My gender enjoys more government spending on health than males do.
26. My gender consumes the lioness' share of entitlement programs while men contribute the lion's share of taxes.
27. If I rape or molest a child I can expect lighter treatment in court and afterwards receive less social stigma. What's more, should I become pregnant, I can sue my victim for child support when he finally turns 18.
28. When I divorce my husband I will be guaranteed custody of my children unless I am deemed to be unfit. Even if my husband is "Parent of the Year" 10 years running it is unlikely he will get custody over me even if I am a mediocre parent.
29. When I divorce I can use false accusations of domestic violence, sexual molestation of the children or abuse of the children to gain advantage during court proceedings. If I am found out to be a liar I can expect to get away with it.
30. If a man calls me a slut it will probably hurt his reputation more than it hurts mine, but at any rate the damage will be small and localized. However, if I call him a child molester or claim that he raped me I can destroy him completely and the damage may be nationwide.
31. If I fail at my career I can blame the male dominated society.
32. I may have the luxury of staying home and being a housewife but if my sister's husband does the same thing I'm likely to call him a deadbeat loser and tell her to leave him.
33. If I "choose" to join the military; the best military occupations providing the most lucrative civilian training will be reserved for me. I will be kept away from the fighting as much as possible to the point that I will be thirty times less likely to be killed in a war zone than my male counterparts. I will be given equal pay for less risk. I will never have to consider the fact that by joining the military and getting a plumb assignment I automatically forced a male out of that position and into a combat role that may cost him his life.
34. If a male soldier injures himself before a deployment he can be arrested and court marshaled for it. If I deliberately get pregnant before a deployment or even during a deployment I will be reassigned and or taken out of a war zone and I will receive no penalty for it.
35. My gender watches more television in every hour of every day than any other group. This along with the fact that women control %80 of domestic spending means that most television shows and advertisement are designed to appeal to me.
36. I can wear masculine clothing if it pleases me however men cannot wear feminine clothing without social penalty.
37. Not only is there a wealth of clothing choices designed for me but it is likely that I will be able to afford or have them provided for me.
38. I can claim that a wage gap exists and that it is the fault of sexism while simultaneously seeking employment without considering income as a priority. I will probably choose my job based on satisfaction, flexibility of hours, and working conditions and then expect to make as much as the males working nights, out in the rain and cold or working overtime.
39. I can be bigoted or sexist against males without social penalty.
40. If I make a false claim of rape against a male in an act of revenge or in order to cover up my own scandalous behavior I may well succeed at both and he may spend years in prison. If I am found out it is unlikely I will be charged, convicted, or serve any time at all.
41. If I abuse my husband and physically assault him and the police arrive it is almost guaranteed he will go to jail.
42. If I am in an abusive relationship there are a multitude of social organizations to help me get away from him. There are few for men in the same position even though women initiate the majority of DV and even though men are hospitalized %30 of the time.
2. FPC Part 1
43. In the event of a natural disaster or other emergency that requires evacuation I can expect to be evacuated before males. This includes male doctors, humanitarians, politicians, captains of industry, billionaires, and religious leaders. I will receive no social penalty if all of those people died because I was evacuated first. However, should they manage to get evacuated before women and those women died they will all suffer a social penalty.
44. If someone is attacking a person on the street I have no obligation to assist them and I will receive no social penalty if I do nothing.
45. If someone is harming my children and I run away and ask someone else to help I will receive no social penalty for my cowardice.
46. I'm immune to cognitive dissonance.
47. I may denounce the concept of a dowry, however, I still expect a man to give me an engagement ring when he asks me to marry him.
48. I expect a man to ask me to marry me and suffer the potential risk of rejection.
49. If I lie it's because I'm a victim of a male dominated society forced into difficult circumstances and not because I'm a bad person.
50. If my boyfriend sabotages a condom he can pay me child support for the next 20 years. If I secretly don't take my birth control my boyfriend can pay me child support for the next 20 years.
51. If I'm uncomfortable exercising around men I can demand a female only gym be made for women. If any male only gyms exist I can demand membership under threat of lawsuit.
52. If my female only gym at the university decides to close early for safety reasons I can scream sexism and force them to keep it open as long as the main gym.
53. If I succeed at keeping the female gym open and I leave late at night and I don't feel safe I can demand that the university spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for more lighting and police presence.
54. If after getting new lighting and police protection I decide I don't want to go to the gym anymore well that's just my prerogative.
55. I'm likely to believe that if a woman is intoxicated she is not capable of giving consent and if sex occurs it is rape. However, if her male partner is also intoxicated he is capable of consenting.
56. If a man is promoted over me at work I have a right to suspect sexism even though I also believe that under adverse circumstances men are more capable than women of making good decisions. (see #55)
57. I can cry and get my husband to do something for me that he might not have done otherwise.
58. I expect people (especially men) to be sensitive to my feelings.
59. I can deny a man's feelings or disregard them or ridicule him for having them without social penalty.
60. If I lose my job it's because of sexism or the economy. If a man loses his job it's because he's a loser.
61. If I go to a club or bar with my girlfriends and I look my sexy best I have a right to be perturbed when men approach me and hit on me in this public place.
62. Even though men die more from prostate cancer than women die from breast cancer I can expect that twice as much funding is given for breast cancer. The same will apply to any female specific disease or malady.
63. If for some reason I do not get custody of my children I will be expected to pay less child support than another man in my exact same position.
64. If I kidnap my children and I am eventually caught I can successfully defend myself by claiming I was protecting them from my husband-even if my children were given to him to protect them from me.
65. My gender makes up %53 of the voting population yet when I see more men in political office I will call that sexism.
66. If I am married with children and I want to stay home with the kids I'm likely to blame my husband for not making enough to allow me to do that.
67. I think it is my right to work and I am unconcerned if the influx of women into the workforce has reduced overall wages to the point that it's hard to support a family on just one income, or affirmative action has kept men from being promoted even though they deserved it.
68. I can get student financial aid without signing up for Selective Service (the Draft).
69. I can get employment with a federal agency without signing up for Selective Service.
70. Restrooms for my gender will be cleaner and are more likely to have flowers or other decorations.
71. If I'm caring for a child restrooms for my gender will more likely have a changing table for my convenience.
72. People I've never met before are more likely to open doors for me.
73. People I've never met before are more likely to talk to me in public.
74. If I go to a bar I can expect that members of the opposite sex will purchase drinks for me.
75. Anytime I find an organization just for men I can denounce it as sexism.
76. I believe that women should have organizations just for women.
77. If I meet a man that I like and I give him my phone number and he doesn't call I have a right to think of him as an asshole.
78. If I meet a man that I like and I give him my phone number and he calls me I have a right to blow him off or act like I don't know him.
79. I believe I have a right to live in an orderly and safe society but I feel no obligation to risk my safety to secure or maintain that society.
80. I like it when bars and clubs have drinks specials just for women.
81. I think that organizations that offer any discounts or privileges just for men is a clear sign of sexism.
82. If I'm white I will live 6 years longer than white males and 14 years longer than black males.
83. If I'm encouraged to get medical care it's because I owe it to myself.
84. When my husband is encouraged to get medical help it's because he owes to to me and the kids.
85. If something bad happens to me or just one woman I believe it is an offense against all women.
86. I believe that if something bad happens to a man it's because he's a loser.
87. I think that alimony is fair when paid to a woman but not fair when paid by a woman.
88. I'm more likely to believe that women who commit crimes are sick and need treatment or understanding whereas men who commit crimes are evil and should be locked up forever.
89. I can criticize the opposite sex without social penalty, but woe be to the man who attempts to criticize me or other women.
90. I can throw a fit and act like a two year old to get what I want without damaging my mate value.
91. I have the luxury of not being the filter for natural selection.
92. I can sleep with my boss if I want and afterwards I can sue him for sexual harassment.
93. I can wear seductive clothing and perfume to attract a man at work but no one will accuse me of sexual harassment.
94. If I hear a story about Darfur and how men who leave the refugee camps to gather wood are hacked to death to prevent their wives from being raped I am likely to think that is proper but not likely to send money.
95. If I hear a story about Darfur and how women are leaving the refugee camps to gather wood are being raped I'm likely to be outraged. I'm also likely to wonder why these women's husbands aren't protecting them.
96. If I ever heard these stories about Darfur it is my privilege not to care or even consider that the reason the second story exists is because all the men in the first have already been killed.
97. It is my right to maintain the belief that men oppress women despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

Update: October 21, 2014.
Having a longer lifespan is indeed a privilege. To say otherwise is betraying one's own ignorance of how mortality tables work. I get it - it is not easy stuff to digest and a bit boring. Bu then STFU about stuff about which you are completely clueless. Men die earlier for a lot of reasons that have to do with more dangerous jobs, higher suicide rates, etc. Do your homework, I have done mine. The pay gap is another way that feminists betray a complete lack of understanding of basic math and measurements. Skills that men have to manage on a national and global scale on a regular basis. I get afraid to think that a feminist would ever get ahold of the reins of power when they have not clue as to how things like GDP, unemployment, and wages work. That is partially what is happening in our world - more people have more power than ever before who have no clue how it all works. And it is falling apart as a result. Fortunately we have some powerful women like Andrea Merkel in Germany, and a few amazing female US Senators like Elizabeth Warren. If more American women could aspire to be more like them instead of like Kim Kardasian, the world would be a much better place.

Update: October 21, 2014.
Thanks to all who responded. The list was in response to women here who keep talking to me about my "male privilege" I know I have privileges and I am very grateful for those and treat them with great care and respect in the real world. I guess women generally cannot do the same as evidenced by the responses. These things are not a matter of "Not all women are like that" Privilege does not work that way - you have them whether you like them or not... and women have a BOATLOAD of privileges.

Update: October 20, 2014.
One of my favorite responses from a woman today: "Too damn long to read....sorry" I really do not want these stereotypes to work. I really don't. Jesus - how can it be possible for so many women to respond in these ways in light of what is being said? To get one or two silly responses is par for the course around here. But to just mindlessly confirm the worst of the biases, is just...sad. Good women of AO - please for the love of all that is good, chime in and tell these other women to think a bit before responding this way. The point is to try to prove these privileges WRONG, not prove how horribly real they are.

Update: October 20, 2014.
Another response from a lovely woman here: "Did ONE woman do you that badly that you now think they are all the same? It's a shame you hate women so much, yet the good news is same sex marriage is allowed is most states!"

Update: October 20, 2014.
One of the lovely responses to this post: "I can kick both your narrow asses AT THE SAME TIME....Try me...You are both so fucked up!! Do you know that??...Do you KNOW how fucked up you are?? How the g.damn hell did this happen??...It can't just be because ONE woman cheated on you. It's your mom, isn't it?...It's always the mom or the dad. Sometimes it's the dad...For God's sake, get help."

- Asked by strongnrelaxed, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Consulting

I recently learned my husband touches me when I am asleep. Is this normal?

Sex & Intimacy / 17 hours ago Back To Top

Is it normal to be awaken by your spouse for sex?

Married 20 years

Sex & Intimacy / 18 hours ago Back To Top

Can I send a sexy picture to a new relationship?

I knew this guy who was interested in me,but we never had the chance to date. We are communicating and he is asking me to send him a sexy picture. Please can someone tell me what to do?

- Asked by picky70kicky2006, A Sportif, Female, 29-35

What do you think?

2. FPC Part 1
46. I'm immune to cognitive dissonance.

Update: October 21, 2014.

Update: October 21, 2014.

Update: October 20, 2014.

Update: October 20, 2014.

Update: October 20, 2014.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next