BEST OF Q&A'S

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

Sort Questions

Close
House & HomeBack To Top

A question about the amount of light between regular and halogen light bulbs.

Hi everyone,

I just got a new fixture for over my sink in the bathroom. I have 4 60 watt bulbs soft white in there.
However it is hard to see to put makeup on. Would a 60 watt halogen give out more light, or should I just get a higher watt. Thanks

- Asked by Female, 66 or older
House & HomeBack To Top

Daughter and her 3 cats have moved out, but fleas remain. How to get them gone from inside my house?

bug bombs not helping

- Asked by Female, Indianapolis, 56-65
House & HomeBack To Top

Which are the best refrigerators?

We need to buy a new refrigerator. We need a side by side, with ice maker, energy efficient.

House & HomeBack To Top

Best way to clean ceiling fans.

- Asked by Female, 66 or older
Style & BeautyBack To Top

Is there a list of all of the products you researched for your October 2010 anti aging research?

House & HomeBack To Top

When opening a french door refrigerator, can either door be opened without opening the other?

My daughter's french door refrigerator doors won't stay sealed after only 4 years of use. I was wondering if the fact that the family opens either door, depending on what is needed, may have weakened the mechanism. I personally always open the door to my right before opening the one to my left.

House & HomeBack To Top

How can I remove a water stain from my end table?

- Asked by Female, 66 or older
Diet & HealthBack To Top

In the Sept. Issue, On Your Mind, a reader mentioned a back stretch from the June issue. What was it

It was to alleviate hip pain.

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Male, 56-65, Fitness
House & HomeBack To Top

Businesses using the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval without having it.

There is a company in California that is using your Good Housekeeping seal on their website and they do not in fact have your seal. I informed them that they do not have it and they said that it does not matter, and that they are using the seal anyway. The company is EcoWater Central California (559) 439-2006 click here 452 W. bedford Ave #102, Fresno, CA 93711 The person whom I informed is Elaine Bernard Steitz. She is the managing partner. EcoWater Corporate used to have your seal but has not had it in several years. This dealer is new as of 4-18-11. Thank you for your attention to this matter, as I think it is wrong that they are telling their customers that they have the seal when they do not.

- Asked by Female, Los Angeles, 36-45
House & HomeBack To Top

Removing mold & mildew from books.

I found an article about using vinegar and then placing the books in an oven that had been warmed up to 250 degrees then turned off. I can't find article now and don't know what to do after that. Can you please help or do you have other suggestions?