GIVE ADVICE ON JOKES, POLLS & ANYTHING ELSE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 days ago Back To Top

Would you or could you change something about yourself?

What would you change about yourself if you could?

- Asked by suzyscorp, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Why would people do this?

Why do people poke fun at someone, but then get serious when they find out that the person is depressed?

In college people often poke fun at me. They often just use me as the butt of someone's jokes.

This happens everyday and they openly admit that they have great fun doing it.

Then one time I mentioned that I was put on anti-depressants, then there was complete tense silence in the room and most of them had their jaws dropped, then they suddenly pretend to care.

It seems really hypocritical.

Any non Microsoft

laptops at Walmart?

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Not sure how to handle this with my sibling

I went to visit my parents abroad last month for 10 days. My parents are elderly, and have diseases. I expressly went to visit them knowing that it wouldn't be enjoyable. I have been talking with my sister, things were going ok for once.
She is not talking with my parents so calling her from the home phone was not really an option. I mentioned I'd maybe have access to email, maybe not but that she could call my phone. She then told me I could call her on her phone and that I should get a card for my phone once there.
It turned out that my phone was not working there, I arrived a day late and when I thought of calling her, I got sick while there.
Because of the awkward situation with my parents, I honestly felt weird calling her up and because she brought something up when she called me, I was afraid of getting into arguments with her--It wouldn't be the first time. I know this is a cowardly thing to do, but I honestly was scared she might tell me something I didn't like and that we might get into a fight. By not seeing her, I avoided that all together.
I might say I did send her a text message 2 days before leaving from my father's phone saying I was sorry for the delay and that this wasn't my phone but I know that would be pursued as a cop-out. I don't know if she knows that number. I said I would try calling her, I actually never did!
My main concern is, I have a niece and I am not sure if she was expecting to see me. I am afraid my sister is angry and I don't know how to handle this situation. She is the only sibling. She already mentioned she would arrange for my parents if they needed when the time comes but I am pretty sure they won't be needing her help. She said she won't be there for them to help them out, only to arrange that they have the help they need. Since they are not poor, and they live there I don't think they need her help, so in short, she is alienated from everyone.
On the other hand, I am living abroad and there is nothing I can do for them here. In other words, I don't have to have a relationship with her, but rather would choose to have one.
Now I really don't know what to do. Knowing her she is probably very angry that I did not contact her sooner.
I don't know if I should resign myself to not having a relationship with her at this point. Trying to explain myself would probably be pointless.
I am sorry if this is a bit long but I really don't know what to do. Of course there are other things happening with me as well in my life. I just don't know if she would be understanding of that or not. Over the phone she was already starting to give me advice which I actually agreed with.
If you were a sibling, would you be angry and how should I handle this.
(I did try calling her today but I don't think she could see the number from here. There was no response. Also, I left a gift behind which I know my parents or someone in my family will drop off at her house at some point). I don't know if I should try sending her a card, or calling her. There is of course much more to this, it just would be too difficult to explain the whole situation on here.
Thanks

Update: January 25, 2015.
but p.s. that's not to say that I want to discount the issue, it's just there would be a lot more to say and difficult to provide all the details on here. bye!

Update: January 25, 2015.
Hello there, Thank you again for the additional responses I received. I was in fact going to ask if you though it would be a bad idea to be upfront, honest about my thoughts with my sibling. Since I live an ocean away from my original family I feel like I am in a very difficult spot. I don't feel good about it at all. I feel it's terrible to be in this situation. I don't want to make it any worse than it is. It was very stressful to see my parents like that. But I am trying to cope as best as I can in the present. I am in the Northeast and the weather is not cooperating. I've been stuck indoors due to several reasons for a long time since I returned and I really need to get out. I am starting to feel very weird about being indoors for this long and very little contact, other people I reached out to are busy. When people are alone too much I think there is potential for things to blow out of proportion...anyhow thanks

Update: January 24, 2015.
Thanks for responding-surprised that somebody actually took the time to read my whole message! Snow on the ground where I am so sitting at home. Thanks again

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 days ago Back To Top

Is being both a capitalist and a socialist

So contrary?

What's the best way to achieve both equally?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

I slept in, haven't done that in a long time!

I can't tell you the last time I slept til 9 am! I guess I needed that.

Are you an early bird or do you normally get a late start to your day?

- Asked by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Farming

Don't you just love someone popping your post

By asking the same question?

But blocks you from answering his ......

How is your weather today?

It is showing again here. We will have more on Monday.

- Asked by philosopher1, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

Why is nothing being done about deflate gate?

Somebody somewhere needs to be blamed and punished. There has been enough time to professionally investigate and draw conclusions...

- Asked by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

Have you ever had the current #1 ranking Superstar?

Yes...