GIVE ADVICE ON RECIPES & ENTERTAINING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Recipes & Entertaining / 12 hours ago Back To Top

I just bought a 4 disc dvd set and it shipped from france and I neglected to read that it's 'non-usa

format'. I feel like I wasted $60.00 dollars and feeling pretty stupid right now. It says when I put it on play that 'Region' does not exist. What do you advise me to do?

Actually, I opted for a refund via amazon and I will wait for their label and mail it back. I have other items that I did not receive so I've submitted refunds for those as well. I don't have a burner but thanks for the advice.

Recipes & Entertaining / 1 day ago Back To Top

I'm baking potatoes in the oven. I am doing the following:

I spike the potatoes on each side with a sharp knife and rub butter all over the potato
then rap it in tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for an hour. If there's a different way let me know. Thanks All!

Thanks ladies! I lowered it to 350 degrees and 1.5 hours cooking time. I'm slowly implementing your different ideas!

Would that make it

a "panini" instead?

- POP'd by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

I feel a little stupid, but how do you make a grilled cheese sandwich?

Can I use a George Foreman grille?

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative
Recipes & Entertaining / 2 days ago Back To Top

Can I use a George Foreman grille?

Recipes & Entertaining / 3 days ago Back To Top

a girl i work with has a culinary degree and says she wants to be a personal chef.

A personal chef is someone who prepares customized meals in your home for you and your family to enjoy. They do all of the grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking, and cleaning, leaving you with a clean kitchen and a refrigerator stocked with delicious meals! Personal chefs work for multiple families at the same time, while private chefs work for only one family.

i pointed out a few holes in her plan--

1. she graduated 10 yrs ago and basically hasnt cooked since. she eats out all the time, and works in the call center with me.
2. she doesnt like and has never tasted basically every vegetable that i consider "normal" (leeks, carrots onions to name a few)
3. she has never experimented-- she has only ever cooked from a precise recipe.
4. if i was someone looking for a personal chef, id be concerned that my "chef" has no experience, has so limited experience in eating and preparing foods.
she has never tasted an onion-- let alone a rutabaga or an apricot.
5. she is hugely fat and getting up from her desk and walking to bathroom winds her, how would she manage all the shopping,standing, preparing, and transporting?
that is the reason she has never worked in a restaurant-- she cant stand up all day and cant do the lifting.

i have 15 years experience in restaurants plus 33 yrs cooking at home, shopping, budgeting etc.

she was asking for advise on how to write her business plan and what to expect.

i told her she would need insurance, a truck, station wagon or van, containers for storing prep items, containers for storing cooked foods, containers for freezing, a sampling of her cooking -- possibly some pots n pans and utensils. advertising

not including the vehicle probably 1500-3000 in start up costs.

she thinks she can do it for $500.

she brings this back up often and ive ran out of ways to tell her she is a bit delusional.

ive advised her to get more cooking experience.
to call the 1-4 local personal chefs and ask them for advise. she doesnt want to do either.

thanks ms ad----- if it was 5 years ago before i started to fall apart physically lol-- i have psoriasic arthritis and 2 ruptured disks in my neck, and am in constant pain, so i know i dont have the physical ability to work in restaurants any more, thats why i work in a call center that requires no physical ability and only 2 brain cells. my goals in life have pared back to -- 3 more years and BOTH my kids will be out of high school and done with associates degress, and i want to at that point move to south carolina, either find a great gated apartment community or build a "tiny house", live simply and quietly. my ability to tolerate people is almost used up. lol.

- Asked by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

1