GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 15 hours ago Back To Top

MIL: Sweet before the wedding, Mean after.

I adore my new husband and his family. His mom is like a second mother to me. We were truly a happy family BEFORE we said our I do's. Now, something has changed. We're staying with her for 1 month (we flew across 1 continent to see her) and I'm constantly walking on eggshells around her. Sometimes, she's sweet as honey and we'll laugh and talk and hug and kiss and the next minute she's distant and gives me the silent treatment. Her behaviour is making me extremely uncomfortable and I feel unwelcome in her home. My husband has no idea this is happening because her mood and face changes when he enters the room. Sometimes I'll speak to her and she just ignores me and/or walks away!
When we came, she told me to make myself at home, Now she tells me it makes her angry and uncomfortable when open her refrigerator and wants me to ask for everything...even water. I haven't told my husband.
We leave in 1 week and I can't wait to get out of here. What should I do?

Family & Parenting, Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

Mommy, what are you doing to daddy?

The evening is winding down and you've settled into bed with your husband/wife, enjoying a little oral sex when you hear a little voice say:

"Mommy, what are you doing to daddy?" or "Daddy, what are you doing to mommy?"

Just curious as to how you would respond?

- Asked by themrmagoo, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?

1