GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 17 hours ago Back To Top

What happens if my husband doesn't pay his child support this paycheck?

My husband has child support of $270 taken out of every paycheck (so $540/month). He has really started to hate his job and over the past 2 1/2 weeks he has only gone in to work 1 day so his next paycheck will only have one day on it, so after taxes most likely less than $200. He doesn't get fired for this either because he has FMLA and manages to finagle his doctor and his manager to allow him these days off without any consequences. I have no idea when he will go back and work normal hours, or at all. He has done this for years where he takes days and weeks off without pay and still doesn't get fired. I know, a real winner, huh?

However, I digress. If he owes $270 on CS and it is taken directly out of his check, there's no way that there will be enough to take out of this check for it. What will happen? He is literally down to $15 in his bank account and has no savings. I have no idea if he will have enough on his next check either. Can he be put in jail for this?

Married Life / 21 hours ago Back To Top

Bothered by what stepson told me.

Just needing your thoughts if I should set and talk with my husband. We have been married for 3 yrs now and he has been divoirced from his sons mom for 13 yrs. He says how he cant stand her all the time. But a few weeks ago my stepson told me how after his divorce with his 2nd wife about 5 yrs ago he invited sons mom over for drinks and out to eat several times. Also Ive noticed how he looks at her alot when she is around. Should I be worried? I know we all care about our exes ina way but Im got the feeling that he still loves her and has feeling for her. Why would he say he cant stand her but invited her for drinks and hangout. Its bothering me, your thoughts? Should I talk to him about it or just try to let it go?

1