GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Sex & Intimacy, Married Life, In The News / 14 hours ago Back To Top

Is a gene to blame for some women's infidelity?

According to a report on CBS Morning News:

University of Queensland psychologist Brendan P. Zietsch looked at variants in people's vasopressin gene, a hormone related to bonding and attachment in humans.

Although it's too early to tell whether the gene is a major driver in behavior, said certified relationship expert Sari Cooper, the study showed a 40 percent association with the gene and infidelity in women.

Cooper said everyone has the hormone, but there are still many reasons why women tell her they are unfaithful.

"One of them is a fear that they are being ignored, that they almost feel invisible in their relationship," Cooper said Wednesday on "CBS This Morning." "That they want to feel special and cherished."

She also said another reason why a woman might cheat on her partner is because of "inequity."

"If a woman feels like their partner is making all of the decisions, has all the power in the relationship, an affair might be her way of getting back at her partner," she said.

"Some women will say, 'There was one point in our relationship where you just weren't there for me,' like, 'I was giving birth to our child and maybe you were drinking at a bar, and I've never gotten over it,'" Cooper said.

"Men might say, 'I didn't plan it. It just happened.' Or they might say, 'I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing.'"

- Asked by Male, Who Cares?
Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Woman asking my man for money...

I guess they're old friends. I found a text where she's asking if he "can help" and send
her money. He proceeded to send the money. I don't know her nor have I ever heard of her. She appears to have been a student at a university he attended as well some years ago after a quick google search. He's engaged to me. He says she's a friend who was in a bind. Umm..should he be giving this woman money?

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Why do women still marry a person even though she knows and see's he has some bad points or things h

Why do women still marry a person even though she knows and see's he has some bad points or things he needs to change or he has some flaws about them?

- Asked by leonabanks, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

Was this a mean thing to say?

When I am honest with my husband, he often claims I am mean. I think it's a defense mechanism but I thought I would ask here. I walk on eggshells with this difficult man and he often tells me I have to be honest with him, tell him the truth then when I do, he criticizes it.

We have been on the verge of divorce for years. We met online, married quickly and it's been very rough. Months ago, I finally told him I am not attracted to him. He was floored and hurt. It was hard to say and I was crying. I did NOT say I never really have been. We married within 5 months of meeting and it was a LDR. It wasn't until we were married and living together that I realized we have no chemistry together. There is no spark. At the time I told him I am not attracted to him, he didn't say I was mean. Recently he said that was very mean and when I asked how I should have said it, he said something like, "This just isn't working for me, I need to go and figure things out, it's not you, it's me." Huh? My husband is a computer engineer and is very blunt and truly can be mean. And, he argues everything. Had I said the above statement, he would have parsed it out, he would not have accepted it as is. 13 years into a marriage and he's to just say okay?

Anyway, was I mean? I was careful to say that I wasn't saying he's not attractive and that there are things I find attractive about him but that there's no chemistry, no attraction. I do realize that his perspective is skewed being an engineer and probably mildly, high-functioning Asperger's but I wonder if the general Answerology populace would think it was mean to say that.

- Asked by beadcrazy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

1