GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 14 hours ago Back To Top

He keeps accidentally calling me by the ex's name

My man regularly accidentally calls me by his ex's name.

Both our names are quite similar, and he was with her for 14 years.

He also confuses the names of his two boys too (not mine), so I don't really take it personally, and laugh it off.

Should I be worried though?

- Asked by sunset77, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Married Life / 20 hours ago Back To Top

how does one stay in a relationship where

she is carrying the full weight of responsibility

husband sleeps most of day, does not help out financially or in any other way, refuses counseling and gets angry if its even suggested.
I have no intentions of leaving, I meant it when I said for better for worse

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Lose sleep or lose wife?

This may be a bit long so please bear with me. This is how my day is. I get up 5:45 in the morning to take a shower, get dressed and basically get ready for work. by the time I leave the house, it is 6:30. Just to get to the city for work at 9. After work I get off at 5. just so I can go to school from 6 to 9:30. After work I go down to the bus stain to wait for a bus that comes at 11:15 and I don't make it home until at least 1:30 in the morning. I usually stay up for an hour and a half to 2 hours after i get home so I can study and do homework for the next day. After that I wake up at 5:45 to do it all over again . This cycle repeats from Mon. - Thurs. because I take classes four days a week. and it's been like for this for past two semesters and when the weekend comes, I'm usually tired and try to catch up on sleep while trying to spend time with my three boys and my wife. They tell some of the time that i'm irritable; sometimes cranky. This here has put a little strain in our relationship because of my attitude. at this point we decided to seek counseling. After talking to the counselor,and explaining my work day. He had determined that there was a possibility that I am sleep deprived. He asked me if there was anyone that lives in the city that I can stay during the week. My mother happens to live in the city. He suggested that I should stay in the city after school and study there from Mon.-Weds. and come home Thursday night since I dont to study for the next day. I thought it would be a good idea to do so but she didnt. She say if I were to do this and not be home, it would be conflict for the both of us. What should I do at this point?

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

So, any married folks...

on here ever use one of those "discreet dating" sites? How did it work?

Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

Should I take offense?

In casual conversation I said to my husband (of 5 years) "I wish we met 10 years earlier.". In response to that my husband said "If we met 10 years earlier, we'd be broken up by now.". I took this very personally and continue to struggle with it. We have been having our challenges (what marriage doesn't?) but this statement seems like a definite game changer. Thoughts?

Based on the very little detail I provided (for good reason) I find some of the responses quite amusing. I for one would never claim I knew someone if I've literally never met the person/people involved. On the other hand, other responses were insightful. Thanks to all that took the time to respond.

Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

The Wild Oats Project

Have you never pondered having an open marriage?

Just asking because there's a new book out this week by that title.

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

Is it ok for fiancé to stay out until after 3 during the week. .

He has not been working the past week and a half and 4 nights of the week over that time he has gone out until 3 or 4 am. Then he sleeps in the next day. But he does eagle up and do some things around the house, which I appreciate.
I tell him that he is acting like a bachelor but he says he is within his rights.

Thoughts?

Before having written this question I had only talked with him briefly about it, not fully explaining how I was feeling. I wanted to get some unbiased advice before bringing it up with him. Since then I have told him how I feel and his response was quite positive. He didn't view it as a big deal but when I talked him about it he understood and we came to a compromise. He has a job. He is simply waiting for the site to be ready. I feel like a lot of people jump to some pretty dark conclusions and I wanted to set things straight. Our communication and ability to resolve things is amazing and I know he loves me and is willing to do what it takes. He is young and may have some growing up to do but I do know he is going to make an amazing husband. Thanks for the feedback, some of you may want to stop watching Fox news lol

1