GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Has anyone had experience of marrying someone from a different culture?

I'm Christian, he's Muslim. Neither of us are particularly strict followers of our religions, but I worry that it may still cause issues.

Update: July 30, 2014.
He was born and raised in the west. I'm more worried about the reaction of others. It's tough to think about other peoples expectations as well as your own.

Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

How can I please my wife more??

I am forever trying harder to please my wife in as many ways that I can. I do all of the house work upon arrival from work. I cook dinner. If i dont do these things i am punished. Any suggestions on how I might better serve her?

Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

My husband has complimented me in front of others with,

"You are so sexy". I find it creepy. Is it?
It makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel manipulated somehow, the fact that it is done in front of others. Almost as if he is doing it more for the reaction of others around him. I don't know what to say. I feel embarrassed. I find it inappropriate. Is it just me? Sometimes he helps me with my coat and he is not even looking at me, he is looking at the reaction of those around him. He almost pulled my top off one day at a party because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Update: July 28, 2014.
I agree I should probably tell him to not do it in front of others. His feelings get hurt really easily and he gets upset when I try to work on issues with him so I hate doing it and I wanted to make sure I wasn't way out of line and nuts with my request. He gets upset with any sort of confrontation. For example, if he points out a pair of shoes he thinks I would look good in and I don't like them he gets upset. I just need to be more assertive and not let his reaction bother me.

Update: July 28, 2014.
Thanks for your input! Yes, I am very shy, socially awkward, and private. He is the exact opposite. I never seem to have anything to say, so I feel speechless and put on the spot. Then I feel like a jerk when I can't say anything. He is someone that seeks attention constantly. He is loud and quickwitted. He does however need a lot of reassurance and I pump up his ego behind the scenes. Even though he is this huge personality he has a lot of insecurities and needs to hear how great he is all the time. On the other hand, I am invisible. I am the person that stands by the buffet and eats everything. So when he tells my I am sexy in front of a bunch of people, I just feel mortified. I guess I am the creepy person in the relationship!

1