GIVE ADVICE ON SEX & INTIMACY

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Sex & Intimacy / 1 hour ago Back To Top

I must have attempted to give this person sound mental health advice thus the blocking. All these

statements are resolvable.

When life has no meaning you create it by doing things that give it meaning. Things that include contributing or giving back in some way not only serve others but they have a dual benefit of giving our own lives meaning. If life has no meaning go out and volunteer in a soup kitchen a couple of times a week, teach an illiterate person to read, do errands for a house bound elderly person. In contributing to society life takes on meaning.

You see no purpose. Does the rose look for purpose or is it just satisfied with growing thorns, blooms and all? Does the Rabbit seek it's purpose as food for the fox? Does the Tree seek it's purpose to provide shade? Humans ask questions at times that really don't need answers. Purpose is about being alive and just engaging in living. That is enough.

You have no attachments. The Buddha would say you have taken a step towards Nirvana for to have attachments and expectations is to invite disappointment, sorrow, and disillionment. You have no attachments. Having no attachments to outcome can be a fruitful thing. It allows things to unfold and grow as they will. Have no attachments to people makes it so they are free. Having no attachments to a place or things means you can travel with the lightest of loads. It is wise to be able to move from a room without loading oneself up with baggage. You have already let go of your baggage and now have total freedom to begin anew.

Of course most of us have a residence and at least some necessities of living but leaving yesterday when you move into a new day and having no attachments in this way is a powerful and liberating thing.

So many times people cling to what they believe should be or the people they want to possess or how things were. The answer to most distress is to see yourself in a river where if you grab at the shrubbery overhanging it you are dragged beneath the surface. The answer is to just to let go and float downstream until you are slowly bought to shore. New shores bring new potential.

This is where you are...at the point of new potential. Don't snuff the ember of potential out.

- POP'd by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

When life has no meaning, you see no purpose, and you have no attachments to this world

Is it time to let go?

Sex & Intimacy / 1 hour ago Back To Top

She must have interacted with some of us cause I for one am blocked. LOL

"I have lots of things to teach you now, in case we ever meet, concerning the message that was transmitted to me under a pine tree in North Carolina on a cold winter moonlit night. It said that Nothing Ever Happened, so don't worry. It's all like a dream. Everything is ecstasy, inside. We just don't know it because of our thinking-minds. But in our true blissful essence of mind is known that everything is alright forever and forever and forever. Close your eyes, let your hands and nerve-ends drop, stop breathing for 3 seconds, listen to the silence inside the illusion of the world, and you will remember the lesson you forgot, which was taught in immense milky way soft cloud innumerable worlds long ago and not even at all. It is all one vast awakened thing. I call it the golden eternity. It is perfect. We were never really born, we will never really die. It has nothing to do with the imaginary idea of a personal self, other selves, many selves everywhere: Self is only an idea, a mortal idea. That which passes into everything is one thing. It's a dream already ended. There's nothing to be afraid of and nothing to be glad about. I know this from staring at mountains months on end. They never show any expression, they are like empty space. Do you think the emptiness of space will ever crumble away? Mountains will crumble, but the emptiness of space, which is the one universal essence of mind, the vast awakenerhood, empty and awake, will never crumble away because it was never born."
? Jack Kerouac, The Portable Jack Kerouac

Answerology. You never knew me but I've watched a lot of you through the years.

I wish you all the best in your lives. And while I might not have made any friends here, I've been observing your interactions. y'all have exposed me to different ways of thinking and living and given me a better understanding of the agendas of people whether it be craving a star or attention or to be recognized for something that you feel makes you special. I find it interesting and while it has not been real interaction I will take with me the lessons I learned from watching you. I'd say take care, but I'm sure that could be debated and scrutinized. So I'll just say I'm going to enjoy the sunset and goodnight.

Sex & Intimacy / 6 hours ago Back To Top

Do you require commitment?

When you are considering having sex with someone do you require a committed monogamous relationship? If not what is necessary for it to be okay with you?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental
Sex & Intimacy / 7 hours ago Back To Top

When it comes to food,

what is your kryptonite? Fess up ...

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

Should pro cheerleading be abolished?

Critics have long been rooting for a ban on professional cheerleading.

The argument: young, attractive, scantily clad women high-kicking and shaking pom-poms on the sidelines and cheering on male players reinforces women's subservient role as eye candy in a man's world.

A recent spate of cheerleader-led lawsuits in the NFL alleging below-minimum wage pay and, in some cases, degrading treatment has only helped reinforce the notion that the job demeans women.

"Cheerleading should be abolished," former professional basketball player Mariah Burton Nelson told me.

"Cheerleading implies that women's proper role is to support men, smile at men and fulfill the sexual fantasies of males," declared Nelson, who played for Stanford University and in the first women's pro-basketball league in the U.S.

She added that a woman's place is on the field, "not on the sidelines."

It's a sound argument. Many women's pro-sports teams still struggle for recognition. Meanwhile, men's leagues take centre stage, where women's main job is to look good and entertain the crowd.

Sex & Intimacy / 8 hours ago Back To Top

What am I to this girl? (I'm a Boy, ya sorry)

Have been talking/snapchatting to this girl for about a month now. We talk everyday over text and sometimes facetime. She says she likes talking to me. Got very jealous when I added her friend on snapchat, and also gets jealous even when I jokingly say another girl thinks I'm cute. She talks to other boys though and has no problem telling me about it and I don't think see's she is doing to me what she hates. Just started hanging out, not much other than getting food and just driving her home from school. I care for her, I like her, and I snapchat her good morning every morning (she says she likes it). Am I just wasting my time with this girl? What can I do to see what I am? If just friends I don't want to spend as much time on her as I have been.

Hooking up and friends with benefits. Why are these popping up so often?

I've been encountering this a lot lately with the gay community in Connecticut and it's something that I've never faced before. I also know that it's not just with the gay community either. Did the goal for something meaningful vanish or are people just thinking with their genitals? When I tell people that I'm not interested in hookups or FWB, they have this shocked or depressed look on their faces. I just respect myself too much to have sex with a random stranger or meaningless sex with a friend that is just begging for disaster. Am I really missing something here?

- Asked by jamie1292, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Student
Sex & Intimacy / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Would this make u mad?

I had been texting this guy for awhile. He tells me he only has friends,not serious with anyone. Some are sexual,some not. I told him put me down for not. I dont share in sexual relations. I told him at 52,to not want a solid relationship, even after a bad marriage,suggests to me that he was and still is hurt. He got very upset! Was very defensive! Told me i dont know everything and i should keep my opinion to myself because i was wrong! Was i?

- Asked by bhindth8ball, A Thinker, Female, 46-55
Sex & Intimacy / 10 hours ago Back To Top

Does anyone know what Janay Palmer's (Ray Rice's wife) past or education was like?

I don't want to get into a debate about whether what he did was justified or not, etc. I'm just curious to know how educated she is.

- Asked by bizkit1735, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Baltimore, Law Enforcement
Sex & Intimacy / 12 hours ago Back To Top

I can't help wanting to make things worse.

I'm a married man, and I've always been physically faithful to my wife. However on this site a few years back I started talking to a married woman and had an emotional affair for a few years.

We flirted heavily, sent nude pictures to each other, had phone sex and were basically a second relationship for each of us.

My life got busy and complicated and I found I had less and less time for her, and she started to get paranoid she was losing me... which she really was.

I felt like I was hurting her more than we were enjoying time together, but I was worried she would freak out and tell my wife if I let her go, and so I just stopped responding to her one day. She got the hint fast and I haven't heard from her in over 4 years.

Problem is I still think about her all the time, I miss her, and I spent some time last week looking her up, looking at her facebook, youtube and twitter and I want so badly to write her an email and apologize for hurting her and leaving her so horribly.

But I don't know what it would accomplish... I don't have the time energy to get back into what I had with her before, and I know I'd just hurt her again. And it would be unfair to my wife.

This isn't a question as much as a confession, feel free to bash me as necessary.