GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Dating / 3 days ago Back To Top

My gf thinks dressing modestly is the Christian thing to do, is she right?

She's getting more and more into her church and now she dresses completely covered, like from neck to ankle. I guess I didn't notice over the winter, but now that it's getting hot outside, it's standing out more. What should I do?

Dating / 3 days ago Back To Top

Can I get him back? Do you think he really meant it?

Can I get him back? My bf of two years broke up with me a few days ago saying that he doesn't think there is a chance of us again, that he felt the same way about a different girl than he did about me. But then he said if I get a new bf that he doesn't want to see it. Me and him have basically had no life but each other for a long time we've been best friends inseparable and engaged. And we've been thru a lot including a devastating miscarriage. This is so. Sudden. Everything In me wants to believe he didnt mean what he said and that he still loves me as much as I love him..

- Asked by jasminejwwa1, A Creative, Female, 66 or older
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

I did not take the Job Offer...

I was offered a freelance fashion director for a new production company and was feeling unsure about it the past couple of days. Last week I got a call from the owner after 10 pm and the styling manager at midnight along with a text asking if I recieved the documents in the email....midnight?
The owner was so impressed and so far everything seemed to go well but there were a couple of red flags. We made an appointment for a phone interview at 2 pm and he says he will be calling me at 2-4 pm. I got a missed call from him around 11 am. I returned his call right away and he seemed slightly annoyed that I wasn't available. He said,"You being the fashion director and not being available is not acceptable." I politely pointed out that he said 2 pm which I put down on my calendar. To me was a red flag but at the time we all sometimes get times mixed up.
I was also overwhelmed with all of the information that he was giving me and we discussed the venue that the event will be held. He wanted to discuss pay and I wanted to wait till the final interview. He says he wouldn't pay me as much because i lack experience which is correct because this woul dbe my first time directing a fashion show.
He has called me about a few times today talking a long time about his ideas, plans and even had a phone interview on a three way conversation if this makes sense. We talked one last time and the next thing I know he calls me 20 minutes later asking if i have checked the venue yet? In my mind we already discussed this an hour ago...his speech kind of sounded a little blurred and was stuttering slightly. Another red flag.
He doesn't have great communication skills. I know I would have been a great director but to be honest I will not work with people who can not keep their heads on their shoulders. He was stressing me out in one day when I haven't even accepted the job!
I politely let them know that I have made my final decision which was not to accept this position and that they will find someone who is passionate and ready to direct! Too many red flags and made a good decision.

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion
Dating, Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Almost feeling depressed...

I know this is going to sound pathetic, but I have been feeling kind of depressed because this guy I really liked has stopped contacting me. Things were going great, then all of a sudden--nothing. I am feeling pretty down because I don't have someone to text and make me feel happy, and when my friends are ALWAYS on their phones texting this does not help. I barely get any text messages anymore and getting texts from him made me happy, now it sucks. I do busy myself with other things but this is always in the back of my head. What can I do?

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 days ago Back To Top

What comes before a 3rd world country?

We all know what a 3rd world country is. However, I never heard of a 1st or 2nd country.... Thoughts?

- Asked by suzyscorp, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I Truly Hope That All of You Had a Blessed and Happy Easter Today!

I, like everyone else, have my problems..but I am Blessed..Thanks be to God!

David

Update: April 20, 2014.
God bless All here!!

- Asked by serendipity57, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Who Cares?

Everybody had/has a person who believed in them....enough to help mold their very being..Right???

Regardless, of where we come from, someone, somewhere...played a vital role in our lives... A dedicated Teacher, sibling , stranger or mate... Although God reigns supreme, he allows others to help ones along the way.. Sincerely speaking, who would you give that admiration to??

- Asked by dunchuss, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer
Recipes & Entertaining / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do you have a favorite Easter time Danish or food or a Passover favorite dish?

I was craving a pineapple cheese Danish that I used to make at Easter time. I would make apricot , blueberry and pineapple but pineapple really wanted me to eat one today...so I will make some tonight.

- Asked by morningdust, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed
Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

It WAS not me!! Clearly, you have it ALL wrong!! Do you trust me?? Can being a messenger, hurt??

Infidelity....a relatively small word, considering its depth & meaning...No one wants to be betrayed... No one SHOULD ever betray another..Unfortunately, it happens! Sad, I know..

What must an individual do, if a friend of BOTH parties, happen upon a questionable, scene??? Should the friend inform his/her sightings?? Should he/she approach the assumed cheater & encourage them to stop the craziness OR just stay out of it?? Be honest, in your response & explain why...

Why does he stare at me all the time?

Two years ago I met this guy who lives in my apartment complex and we made out with each other and a few other things besides sex. He quite ralking to me because his g/f moved in with him and they were having a baby together. But for the past year whenever we are both outside he stares at me and it does it often. And if he is running he will look back at me and say hi. Last night I was walking my dog and he was using the grill on my side of the apartment because his side was broken. My dog ran right up to him and he petted her. And he said it was good to see me and he asked me twice how I was doing and I told him that I was good. And then he turned around and went back to his grilling and he mumbled something under his breath but I didn't catch it. I was nervous that was the first time I've really talked to him in two years. We are both Scorpios.

Update: April 20, 2014.
Ok this is the first time I have posted anything in a year and second I have never had sex with him. And third he wasn't in a relationship with her when I was with him he was single and he had sex with her and got her pregnant and she surprised him with after we had beeb together.

Update: April 20, 2014.
This is the first time I have posted anything in a year.