GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 days ago Back To Top

Recipe Wednesday? How about Lyrical Monday?! Can you pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend?

In touch with some reality beyond the gilded cage?

Can you hear it yet?

I confess that I too sometimes feel as if I am cast in this unlikely role, ill-equipped to act, with insufficient tact.

;)

Living on a lighted stage approaches the unreal,
for those who think and feel; in touch with some reality beyond the gilded cage.

Cast in this unlikely role ill-equipped to act,
with insufficient tact; one must put up barriers
to keep oneself intact.

Living in the limelight, the universal dream
For those who wish to seem; those who wish to be must put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation; the underlying theme.

Living in a fish eye lens, caught in the camera eye; I have no heart to lie, I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

- Asked by tooluser, A Career Man, Male, 36-45
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Would my mom have access to medical records?

I'm under her insurance and I'm 19 years old. She's a nurse in the same medical group as my doctor. But she doesn't work directly for my doctor but they work with the same grouped set of doctors.

I'm going in to get birth control to help irregular periods. I'm worried if I tell my doctor I've had sex before she'll tell my mom or my mom will see it on my records. My mom still thinks I'm a virgin

I'm afraid to lie to my doctor because she could do a Pap smear or examination. What should I do? And could my mom find out?

In The News / 3 days ago Back To Top

Did you hear that Oscar de la Renta died ?

I am a bit surprised that he only lived till 82, he had all the money in the world for the best diet and best medical care. I guess we gotta go when we gotta go, it's time to meet our maker !!!

- Asked by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Other Profession
Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

I Need prays for a young man I know since the day he was born. His name is Shane

He started doing drugs like eight years ago and He was stealing from his family until he opened up to his uncle and his parents got him into a place but they only kept him there for a week and his parents are still working on getting him into a place where he can stay longer and he doesn't have health insurance and Now his out of control he took his parents pills and his father ended up in the E.R because he wasn't feeling right and need his medications to. All I'm asking is please believe with me that god helps him through this and he gets the right help he needs.

- Asked by ozzycat19, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

So I want some advice from parents that have gone through this with young kids....cliques!

I have boys and I thought I wasn't going to have to deal w Cliques and drama- WRONG! My son is in the 4th grade and is already coming home sad bc he's excluded, ignored, not invited to play at recess and eats alone sometimes. His school is small- class is about 20. My son is smart, plays sports, wears nice clothes and sneakers, he's clean etc etc. I don't understand what the problem is. He's not mean...In fact he tries too hard and is often too nice....just wants friends. This scares me bc of peer pressure as he gets older.... But what to do? Do you think I should call the parents of the other boys and ask them why their son doesn't like mine? I know the parents...so it wouldn't be too weird...or is that too much? I've already emailed the teacher. I feel so bad to see my son be so sad. What do I do? Maybe nothing and I just need to let him find his way..:(

- Asked by mtate0217, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Administrative
Dating / 3 days ago Back To Top

Would you say you are in a relationship with someone?

Let's say that you are having a conversation with a woman in a platonic manner.

If you are in a serious relationship with someone else (and/or not interested in the woman), would you immediately say that you have a girlfriend or somehow indicate that you are not interested during your initial conversations?

There is this guy that I like, but it has been friendly conversation (and I don't think that I'm showing any interest in that way). He hasn't mentioned a girlfriend and I haven't asked. There have been opportunities in our conversation to say whether he is with someone. Could he be holding back, because he may be interested in me?

Dating / 3 days ago Back To Top

Older co-worker jokes with me a lot and teases me. Is he flirting?

I work with an older man, who teases me about things like my hair, political stance, clothes or even my coffee mug. He's clearly not being a bully or anything. We email or talk almost daily at work and often give each other nicknames in e-mail (Dude/Dudette are the most common... he recently called me Goddess of IT).

I've developed feelings for him over the last few months, but before I come clean I need to gauge whether he seems interested. Sometimes I'll catch him staring, but I honestly am not sure if it's at my chest or my badge, which hangs at about that level. Although my department has a ticketing system, about half the time he will e-mail me directly. I'm confused and have never been able to determine if someone is interested in me.

A couple months ago, when working on a project for him, I e-mailed him stating, "I'll be out there as soon as I can." He responded that "according to the internet, 'I'll be out there as soon as I can' is closest to, 'I'll be there as soon as I can', which are lyrics to the Muse song Unintended." He called this "just an ideal observation". I looked up the lyrics and about melted and died.... At the same time, I don't want to get hurt or compromise an excellent working relationship.

Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do you ever wish you had a second chance

to meet someone again for the first time?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami

Ever hear voices over your computer?

No seriously & I don't mean like you're going crazy.

Here's what happened today. I'm on my laptop at home typing an acquaintance an email on AOL and all of a sudden I hear something like someone talking. I turn up the volume and its 2 men speaking in Russian[?]. It sounded like a serious conversation & asked my wife to come listen. So they're talking kind of quiet but you can hear every word they're saying & my wife suggested I power off my computer immediately - which I did & rebooted.

This was a first for me - anyone else EVER have this sort of thing happen? And BTW I didn't have any other apps or windows open [that I know of].

- Asked by hsfbfan, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Other Profession

Do you find you can be too literal at times?

Is that a good or bad thing?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?