GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

Child support advise..

I have my first hearing for child support on may 1st 2014 and im starting to wonder how its going to go financially. My ex and I have a three year old daughter together and been separated almost two years. The only way she lets me see my daughter is on her time, if I want to spent time with my daughter I have to spend it with her and my ex at her house or a mcdonalds witch to me is beyond ridicules. Since we cannot agree on me having my own time with my daughter I don't pay her a set amount of money really at all. If my daughter needs something or she's behind on a bill I help. I work a full time job and get paid bi weekly and around every pay day I have around $50-100 spare after paying bills so im getting kinda worried how all of this is gonna pan out financially... does anyone have any advise or if you have gone through this please share.

Would you have helped your sibling and her family by sponsoring them to come to the US?

A few years ago my older sister asked if I could sponsor her husband so that they could come to the US to live. She had asked my parents but they turned her down. She then asked me but when she did, I had limited income and was already dealing with unemployment at the time. On top of that we didn't even have that great a relationship at this point anymore. She is very controlling and she always just seems to want to get people to help her to get them to do things for her. I especially noticed this in recent years, but prior to this I did not realize how bad it was. It's my parents' fault who spoiled her and they never taught her anything by doing that.
I tried keeping in touch with her over the years when I was younger but I feel like I had to make all the effort but in reality we never really had a good relationship growing up because I was the youngest and I think she started feeling left out. She even told me once that if we weren't sisters she didn't think we could be friends.
But right now I really don't like her attitude of wanting to always take from people and thinking about herself and her daughter and no one else. I am not even sure if she gets along with her husband, she's been having problems with him too. Overall she is really not an easy person to get along with hit, her personality is very strong and aggressive when she wants to be, she imposes her will on people and made me feel guilty for not helping her. Now she just contacted me again recently and I am afraid she might want to come here again to visit or live. My parents already bought her a place to live years ago and seeing that I am here in the US alone and single I am currently living in my parents' house which she also wants to take over even though she already has a house of her own fully paid off. She came here for a year living in my parents' house with her daughter and without working while I was renting an apartment and working my ass off to get by, and she was still being very rude and mean to me.
I don't trust her. I think she is finding ways to come here and wanting to know things from me because she wants to come and live here again so now all of a sudden I get an email from her as I have in the past asking how things are going here for me. In the past she always got in touch because she wanted something from me, like she wanted to know if she could come and live with me here in the US or what I thought about it. I am currently interviewing and I really don't have that much stability myself.
I feel like her questions are now a trap based on my past experience with her.
What do you all think of this?

Update: April 22, 2014.
That is what I did if I recall correctly in the past, but she never seems to give up and pops up with these questions out of the blue which makes me think based on past experience that she is looking for a way to come here once again. I hope I am wrong.

Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

What in hell is a 'poke' for on facebook?......

I can't seem to figure out if it has any special meaning.........

- Asked by englishrose4945, A Life of the Party, Female, 66 or older, Miami, Alternative Medicine
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 days ago Back To Top

Fear Less, Love more; Complain less, Appreciate more; Watch less, Do more; Judge Less, Accept more;

Talk Less, Listen more; Frown less, smile more;
Think Less, Feel more.....and when you feel more once again Fear Less, so you can Love more.

- Asked by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Style & Beauty / 2 days ago Back To Top

I am having two older watches cleaned and restored and plan to wear them daily...

Do you wear a watch?
What does it look like?

- Asked by moonflower, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45

Should you have to pay for free TV?

As in an online streaming service sending over the air TV channels direct to your mobile device rather than paying for each cable TV channel?

Can this controversial startup convince you to pay for over-the-air television?

More than 5 million Americans have already cut the cord on cable, and continued improvements in video streaming tech have made the prospect of permanently ditching an expensive cable subscription more enticing than ever.

Many cord-cutters watch live TV via old-fashioned, over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts from local stations-and these days they're even in HD. Aereo wants to bring that OTA content into the streaming fold. Its concept is genius, ridiculous, and/or patently illegal, depending on whom you ask: The company uses huge arrays of tiny digital antennas to record the local broadcasts, then charges a fee to stream that content directly to your PC, iPhone, iPad, Android device (4.1+), or Roku box.

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

30 day shred...jillian michaels DVD

Has anyone done the 30 day shred..jillian michaels DVD? How well does it work?

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Santiago
Style & Beauty / 2 days ago Back To Top

you are not alone with tattoos. the body was not made to be a canvas for posterity

Update: April 24, 2014.
i do not hate anyone for having tats, but i do think they make the body look less than perfect. I do not know of any body that can say they like them and would like to keep them permanently

Update: April 23, 2014.
and why do you agree or disagree?

- POP'd by flwoodpecker, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

Does anyone else think tattoos are trashy?

I don't care how popular they are, I just can't see myself with one. Well, maybe with a tiny heart or something, somewhere discreet. But as for the tattoos I see most people with - blah! I just think they look trashy. But I guess I'm in the very small minority.

- Asked by ooonutmegooo, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, Food Service
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 days ago Back To Top

The last time you screamed or yelled...

what was it about?

- Asked by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45
Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

Am I expecting too much? I am really confused :(

I admit I am a bit jealous after I found a text message he sent to another women he was trying to cheat with although he claims nothing happened, I don't believe him. This was two yrs ago and we are still together. He is making plans about building a house for us and basically having a life together. He earns $600.00 pays $300.00 towards bank loan for the property he bought to build the house, gives me $200.00 to be spent in the house and stays with $80.00 for himself. He started to run taxi on the weekends and makes a little extra. From that he used to give me $30-50 dollars more but lately he has not given me anything. I am right for getting angry that he has not given me anything from his side job earnings? I feel a little resentful because I make more than him but all my money goes to house expenses, therefore I feel entitled for him to give me the money that he makes. Also I get angry when he texts or he receives a text which is not often maybe two texts per night. I snoop into his phone but have not found anything yet, which maybe because he deleted the text before I checked his phone. Lately since he started to work on taxi he puts his cell on vibrate or power it off which makes me suspicious. I have spoke to him about this and he claims he is not doing anything wrong and that I am too jealous and insecure. What can I do, I hate this feeling of wanting to be loved by him and getting ignored, I hate that I want to be with him but feel that to him I am just the person he married but won't miss a bit if we would divorce. I am really feeling confused :(