GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

I know this is silly and I will eventually need to call my doctor or an ambulance) but I can't

bend my left leg. I was walking very quickly today up a ramp of a parking lot and felt something funny on the inside of the leg--behind the knee. Now after getting home, I noticed some pain coming from behind the knee and now can't bend it. I had surgery years ago for a torn meniscus on the same leg (lateral part of the knee). My question is, I can't get into my car because if I try bending it, I am in a lot of pain, in fact if I try to bend it just a little it feels as if the leg could break in two. Thats how severe the pain is and I am usually ok with pain, but this is bad. I am just extending it on my sofa now and reading--its all I can do.
I took tylenol but I think a shot of something to deaden the pain is what I need. If it isnt better by tomorrow or Monday, I wouldnt be able to work. I guess an ambulance would have to get me to a doctor? What would you do? I havent called doctor yet.

Update: September 22, 2014.
The doctor I went to see today advised me to get a knee arthogram to see if I had torn the meniscus again, which I wasn't too happy with because I fear large needles on the knee. After this an MRI would be done. The arthogram would show more contrast. I wanted to ask why not just a regular MRI again on the knee, but he seemed to think this was best. He also offered to drain the knee of any liquid I had there and inject it cortisone, which I turned down because I have read and heard that this weakens the muscle there in many cases and it comes back. Again, I don't like the needle part as well. It's not that I have a fear of them because I have bloodwork done from time to time--it's the needle gauge that scares me. So tomorrow I will see the surgeon who first performed the meniscus surgery after ordering an MRI for it (years ago), and ask if he is able to order another MRI for another possible tear. I have read that some patients ask for these tests---can I demand an MRI instead of the arthogram?

Update: September 21, 2014.
Thanks for all the great answers. Wish I had more stars, there really should be 4 or 5 at least and not 3. I was in the ER this morning and seen by a doctor who ordered an xray. After the xray showed nothing broken, she told me I'd need to see an orthopedist who will most likely order an MRI. The diagnosis was a possible torn /or sprained ligament, but I suspect it's the same old torn meniscus that might have become injured again. So I was given 2 perkocettes and 2 motrin--fought the grogginess to be able to see The Omen on the TV there! But the pain was gone when I was taken home by my brother and daughter who had come along. Those perkocettes are bad in that they make you nauseous unless you have a full stomach, btw. So tomorrow I will call regular doctor for a referral for orthopedist (I actually did not like the one I had seen before for the first torn meniscus) and we'll see what he/she says. Thanks all!

- Asked by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 days ago Back To Top

Who do you think you are?????

Do you push the envelope? Or do you go back to the drawing board? Just what is your idiom?

- Asked by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55
House & Home / 3 days ago Back To Top

I went to an Auction today...

OMG they were giving things away. Everything except the house. They had a gorgeous china buffet that was cheap. I think the people there didn't want the heavy furniture. Beds and tables and dressers all for $5 to $15. I wish I needed some of that stuff, bargains for everyone.

Dating / 3 days ago Back To Top

Have you ever been betrayed by a lover?

How did you find out? What emotins did yoh experience?

How can I make my letters larger in my messages?

They come out so small that it is difficult for me to read them.

- Asked by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Regarding Scotland and the recent turmoil there...

Did they really think that the wishes of the average Scottish citizen would prevail? Did any of us think that this would actually happen?

There are massive powers with unfathomable wealth and marketing genius at work constantly to direct our thoughts and opinions. Not quite mind control, but enormous influence. The average person is too arrogant to admit that we are all influenced in this way...which sadly is exactly why it works.

Scotland will never be allowed to secede or break away. it was never a voluntary association to begin with. Hell, they made a movie about it.

Why are we still having this conversation knowing that it is all predetermined. There is too much tax revenue and influence to be had and lost if they break away. That is not going to be allowed by peaceful means - ever.

- Asked by strongnrelaxed, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Teaching

For iCloud members ............

After the recent security breach on Apple's Cloud, have you deleted any pictures of your own there?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

Hand over your heart!

Where is this country going?

Most schools no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance (at least none around here), and it seems that nobody cares about the meaning of the National Anthem.

Whenever I'm at an event that plays the Anthem, I see a number of people, young and old, looking around, laughing or goofing off while the National Anthem plays. No hand over their heart, nothing. How disrespectful to the country.

If they take this out of the schools, at least teach kids this at home or check them on it when you're at these events when the Anthem is played. Patriotism is fading fast these days.

It would be nice if we followed suit like a lot of countries, who mandate two years of military service. I think it's a good way to foster respect for the country for those mature enough to maintain it, and hopefully they won't take things for granted.

One could only hope.

- Asked by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

What is your favorite?

What is your favorite

1. Fast food restaurant and what do you like to order there?
2. What is your favorite casual dining restaurant and what do you like to order there?
3. What is your favorite fancy, special restaurant and what do you like to order there?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental

It is what it is but I'd rather

It is what it is but I'd rather................. ..... fill in the blank.