HOT 10

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 day ago Back To Top

How did you choose your Answerology name?

Mine was my AOL screenname and email back in the 90s when AOL first was so popular..and chat rooms were the In thing. I love the sunshine and camping so Sun Lady seemed apropos.

AOL added the numbers. I guess there are a lot of Sunladys on AOL.

- Asked by sunlady1120, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

I've noticed something..which probably isn't the same for everyone...

When I hold a door open for women, most of them are not as appreciative as the guys are. Either they expect it or they're offended over something trivial... -imagine if I were a guy! Oh sh!tstorm.

I hold doors open for guys and they nod or say thanks and a smile..very polite & appreciative.

I was raised to be polite and say "Thank you" when people do nice things for me...and to hold doors open and be pleasant/charming whatever....up until you're rude to me..then I don't stand for it.

What's with the nasty attitudes towards people you don't even know who actually HELP you? I don't understand it -especially from the women.

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 days ago Back To Top

Ladies..this Qs is for you..

Have you ever lied about your age and why?

Have you ever won a trophy?

If so, for what?

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Bell ringers at Christmas

I used to duck into stores at Christmas time because of the Salvation Army bell ringers. Don't ask me why - - I just didn't know how to handle bell ringers.

I finally realized that if i just made sure to have a lot of $1 bills in my wallet, it's easy to walk by and plunk a dollar in. For a long time in my life, I didn't have extra dollar bills to give to them.

That was years ago. I never walk by a Salvation Army bell ringer without putting a dollar in the bucket. I'm grateful that I am able to do this.

Tis the season. Have a good one.

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Why can some people only learn the hard way?

Really angry at my boyfriend right now so this is more of a rant than anything else.

At the moment my boyfriend and I only see each other on weekends because in the week I work days and he works evenings. On a weekend we like to go out and do things instead of just sitting at home.

The problem is he is very active and I have a medical condition that means excessive activity causes me severe joint pain. I'm happy to go out and di stuff on a weekend but I'm mindful of my condition and limit walking each day to around 3 miles, 4 if there is a break in between and that way I'm ok to do something the next day. He knows all about my condition and has done since our first date I've not kept it from him at all.

So skip forward to tomorrow he's planned a day that involves walking 1.5 miles to 1 thing he wants to see, there will be walking around the attraction too. Then 2 miles to an event he wants to go to then have to stand at the event he wants to see then straight into walking 1.5 miles back to the train station.

I'm really angry that he hasn't taken my need to pace myself into consideration. We've been together over a year and he knows I have to take my joint problems into consideration. Its not the first time he has done this but by know he should know better.

I've told him about this time and time again. So this time I've told him we'll do the day the way he wants and he can see me suffer on Sunday for it. Because I think that's the only way he is going to learn.

- Asked by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

What is the reasoning behind stomping someones face ?

There's something incredibly brutal and sadistic about this.

What has been the greatest invention

In your lifetime what do you think has been the greatest invention?

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

As I sit here in my room in this cold..with all this snow around me...

All I can think of is that there'll be a beautiful beach somewhere, where it'll be warm, and cozy. People will be sitting by listening to waves crashing on the boulders. Where the sky will be filled with all the colors sparkling like diamond. That scent of moist sand, far away silhouette of boats on horizon..Birds chirping returning to their nests. Is there a price that you can put on a beautiful sunset?..

- Asked by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

I had a sudden loss of existing. I have never experienced anything like this before

I was braiding my hair, putting a hair band on it.actually looking at my hair While i was putting it on. All of a sudden I look down, my hair band was on the sink counter and I was holding my hair. The only way to describe it is like I didn't exist suddenly and then I did. I don't

- Asked by timeloss, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Phoenix