HOT 10

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 day ago Back To Top

What do you think it means when....

...someone responds to a question with an insult or without answering it?

If, instead of a reasonable answer or a calm debate or even a playful response, you get a nasty attack - what do you make of that person?

What do you think it means when a bunch of people do this?

Does it say more about your simple question (that obviously touched a nerve) or the problem with the social problem you are pointing out?

Answer any or all of the above.

- Asked by strongnrelaxed, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Consulting

Does anyone have a C-Star AND a Jerk award

for the same response to a question?

The best I have is a -2 with a C-Star. Curious that is.

Also, how many votes are needed for a C-Star? I have been here since forever and should know, but I forgot.

Is it just me???????

Or does anyone else sense a lot of negativity on here

- Asked by baybreeze69, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Honest, mature, anonymous responses preferred.

I have had several relationships where the woman I was with slowly became more open with her boundaries as I got to know her. Flirting, being huggy with men, casual with many male friendships, girls' nights out, etc. Nothing controversial or bad, just that sort of grey area sort of thing.

And at the same time, it was expected that I NOT do those very same things.

More than once this has led to conflict. When a man (or woman I guess) points this out it is easy to be painted as either insecure or controlling.

When a man does these things it can be seen as playing with fire. When a woman does these things, it is often seen as innocent or just her exercising her right to the freedom she deserves.

Now here is the tricky part - I have known way too many men who have had women like this and slowly felt isolated and insecure - not in themselves, but in their relationships. This breakdown in trust then harmed intimacy, which led to cheating. More than just a few times I have seen this. Suspend judgment for a minute and follow the logic and emotion on this.

Emotional and intimate isolation leads to cheating sometimes, no?

So my question - how much innocent flirting, texting the opposite sex, having "friends" and that sort of thing does it take before it crosses the line from innocent to damaging?

Please answer the question - be cruddy if you must, but please answer honestly.

Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Why do health and fitness fanatics have an obsession with 'other' people's health?

It's a free society and if a person wishes to make themselves healthier, they're free to do so.

If someone people wish to make a huge amount of dedication to strict vegan diet and long intense exercise to make themselves extremely fit, that's their business.

I don't understand their obsession with everyone else's health and well-being. Why do they always have to comment on what people should be eating and comment and compliment to strangers at the gym, who aren't as fit as them. Even when their opinions weren't asked for.

If one unhealthy or average healthy person willing asks for the advice of an extremely fit person, then they're free to give it.

However if a person is at the gym and just wishes to do their own thing and just wishes to mind their own business. Then they should be left in peace.

I don't understand being given random comments by fitness fanatics on my own physique, whether it is positive or negative.

Realistically, it's not their place to judge and an individuals health should only really be discussed between themselves and their doctor.

Yet, social media is often bombarded with health and fitness crazies and health fanatics endlessly commenting on other people's well-being. Even going to their own sites and making commenting and discussion videos. Regardless of whether or not their opinions were asked for in the first place?

The fitness fanatics say they want to help people, but really all they're doing is shaming people who essentially don't conform to their ideal image, simply to boost their own ego.

Why is our culture so obsessed this way?

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 days ago Back To Top

Favorite internet sites

What is your favorite internet site and why? Other than AO, of course.

- Asked by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

how to you get a woman back

How to get a woman back Thats tired of ur bs if she wont talk to me? The no rule contact? or what? and how do i get her to talk to me?

Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

My best friend doesn't want to be friends anymore. What should I do

We've been best friends for 5 years and now she doesn't want to be my friend anymore.She says that all i do is call her names and she doesn't want people like that in her life. And worst of all she said it in a text! I never call her mean names all I do is joke around with her and she knows that! What should I do please help?

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 18-21

Do you always look over your receipt after a transaction?

How often are you charged the wrong amount? how often do you go back to get the difference?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami

Is everything that happens meant to be?

How do you see it?

- Asked by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Lawyer