HOT 10

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Is it absolutely necessary to have 500 different social media accounts?

Instead of asking for someone's number to communicate, it's "Do you have kik or snapchat?"

I thought having facebook was bad enough.

Everyday there's a new app..I can't keep up with it. Am I just getting old? Maybe already there? :\

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 day ago Back To Top

What was the most expensive room you ever booked?

I got a suite for $500 in NY for the Westminster dog show.

- Asked by frenchkiss49, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Do you think the friend should have been charged with manslaughter , something else or not at all???

FAIR HAVEN, Mass. (WTNH)- A Massachusetts teen has been charged with manslaughter after encouraging her friend to commit suicide and then raising money for mental illness in his name.

18-year-old Michelle Carter of Fair Haven, Massachusetts, is accused of urging her friend, 18-year-old Conrad Roy III, to kill himself, The Sun Chronicle reports.

Roy did commit suicide in an idling truck last July in the parking lot of a K-Mart. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Police found him there after his parents reported him missing.

On February 5th, Carter, an honor roll student involved in several charities, was indicted on manslaughter charges as a youthful offender.

The Sun Chronicle say police went through Roy's cellphone and found text messages from Carter right up to the time he died. In the texts, Carter allegedly pushed Roy to go through with the suicide.

In a police report, Detective Scott Gordon said "not only did Conrad tell Carter in several of his texts prior to his death that he was scared and didn't want to leave his family, she continued to encourage him to take his own life, and when he actually started to carry out the act, he got scared again and exited his truck, but instead of telling him to stay out of the truck . Carter told him to 'get back in.'"

The spokesperson for the Bristol County District Attorney Quinn said in a statement that not only did Carter have first hand knowledge of his suicidal thoughts, "instead of attempting to assist him or notify his family or school officials, Ms. Carter is alleged to have strongly influenced his decision to take his own life, encouraged him to commit suicide and guided him in his engagement of activities which led to his death."

Carter then flooded social media with posts about how much she loved him and missed him. The Sun Chronicle reports that she even organized a fundraiser for him called "Homers for Conrad" where she wrote "life can be tough, but helping others makes it easier."

She also often wrote about suicide prevention on her twitter and Facebook pages in honor of Roy.

Carter was released on a $2,500 bail and can not use the internet other than for school work, must stay off social media and can't send text messages to anyone other than her parents.

Carter's attorney, Joseph P. Cataldo , believes her manslaughter charges will be dismissed stating "they're trying to claim there is manslaughter, when they freely admit the boy took his own life. You can't have it both ways."

Roy was planning to attend Fitchburg State University.

If you know someone with suicidal thoughts, visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or call 1 (800) 273-8255.

- Asked by cindylouwho, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

I've been feeling so fat for weeks now...

I am not overweight, and I can look in the mirror and see I look ok, but I just FEEL 'fat'. All my clothes feel uncomfortable and stuff.. I have this more often, mainly around my period. But at the moment it's been like this for 3 weeks.

Does anyone else have these moments? If so, what do you do about it? I'm just curious.

- Asked by koekje, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you think he cheated?? Is it even worth finding out??

my boyfriend went to belgium in the beginning of september for two days with two friends.
just a couple days ago a girl created a fake instagram account and told me her "ex best friend" (lets call her ashley) was sleeping with my boyfriend while he was in belgium. I asked her questions like where they met where they had sex etc etc she told me they met at a club (matched up with the club he told me he went to) and she told me the hotel they stayed in. She went on to tell me that ashley and my boyfriend continued to talk via "whats app" but I've never seen that app on my boyfriends phone. She then emailed me a photo of my boyfriend with no shirt on that he had apparently sent to ashley. I confronted him and he of course said none of it was true.
I had him find "ashley" on Facebook (her full name was provided by this anonymous soul spilling all this info) my boyfriend spoke to the girl (without telling her I was there) and she was really confused about the entire situation my boyfriend told her what her friend was doing and she said "that can't be true, I will talk to her"
So the next day I found her myself and asked of her to tell me the truth. In short I said. I hope I can count on you to tell me the truth as a women. We are supposed to get engaged this year, and I would really really hate to live a lie. I also insured her telling me the truth wouldn't effect her in anyway obviously. She said it wasn't true and she was sorry her friend was taking her revenge against her out of proportion. I asked her how she got the photo and she said "Honestly I'm sorry I stayed back in the hotel with his friend when your boyfriend and the other guy he was with went out to eat he left his phone and I thought it was funny to go through it and I sent myself his pictures."

I do remember my boyfriend leaving his phone in the hotel and I was really pissed about it so I can't say that isn't true. But truthfully she sounds coached, or maybe I'm being ridiculous. I really don't know what to believe but I can't shale the anxiety. We have been together 5 years. I can't be engaged to someone if this is true. What is your take? How would you go about this?

What is your bad habit..

That you would like to get rid off?

Opinions on the drinking age.

Here in Canada the drinking age varies between 18 & 19. Throughout most of Europe the drinking age is between 16-18.

America is very different with it's drinking age of 21. I know a lot of people seem very happy with that, as it means more mature people will be drinking.

But IMO and from what I've seen it means that young adults, college kids at the age where they would anywhere else in the world be drinking legally, are forced into hiding it like teenagers, and it causes more issues than not.

- Asked by drevil77m, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 36-45, Calgary, Technical
Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

Wish I never even saw the ad or the job.Has this ever happened to you?

I have been working in a call center at a large health insurance co for 2 years. I haven't been able to get a job in that company off the phone or get a raise. I saw an opening for a contracting job in a nearby company and got hired. Every day is worse than before. The people I work with do not have the man power to train me effectively. I spend my days fantasizing about going back to my old company . I really want to send my old manager an email and ask to come back. How long should I wait?

Dating / 2 days ago Back To Top

For the single people here, what on-line dating sites would you recommend?

- Asked by blindshe, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Have you ever tried acupuncture to treat an ailment? Did you feel it helped you?

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative