HOT 10

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 day ago Back To Top

The difference between the 90s and today.

Wetwired inspired me with her post to go back in time. Back to the 90s. Especially young people. If someone were to step out of 2015 to 1995 what would be the first thing they'd notice that was different in everyday life?

Use your imagination and get your thinking cap on for this one

- Asked by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

How do I address my boyfriends relationship with his ex girlfriend/ best friend?

My boyfriend tells me he loves me every day and often calls me his soul mate under his breath. But when we started living together he sort of "came clean" and told me his best friend whom he is in constant contact with was at one time a fling that rejected him when he started having strong feelings for her. I am soooooooooooo unhappy about this and have been in a sort of mini depression ever since he told me. I know I have to do something or rather say something. But she's his best friend and I don't want to tell him to make a choice. On the other hand he talks to her all day, posting on her facebook, texting, etc... and now he wants to crash at her house during finals. I don't want to look like the crazy jealous girlfriend but I can't live like this. I feel like I'm sharing the love of my life with another woman.

Are you a fashion freak?

Do you want to try out everything you see as something new / different for yourself? How does it go with your s/o??

I'm feeling really great today.....

I'm talkin' wink-snap fingers-point-smile-and -say-"Heyyy how are ya?"-to-strangers-as-I -stroll-down-the-street GREAT.

Let's step away from the mud-slinging (if only for a moment) and tell me...what made you feel really good so far this week?

- Asked by surrealoptimism, A Creative, Female, 29-35
Diet & Health, Family & Parenting, In The News / 1 day ago Back To Top

The number one cause of depression, worldwide is

I just read this article and found it to be quite interesting.

"According to a group of researchers from around the world, people who have suffered from abuse during their childhood are more likely to be diagnosed with clinical depression-and even more so if they are genetically predisposed to the condition.

Over a three-year period, scientists analyzed patients from 41 countries who ranged in age from 18 to 75. And here's what they discovered through genetic testing: The participants who were shown to have limited gene function implied in both BDNF (brain-derived neuotrophic factor, a protein-coding gene) and in serotonin transmission were extra-sensitive to the damaging effects from child abuse - whether the abuse was psychological, physical or sexual. In other words, this particular lack of gene activity mixed with an abusive history can result in an increased risk for suffering from depression.

"It is an important result, which proves a triple genetic-environmental sort of interaction whose relevance is even more important if we take into consideration that the response to antidepressants appears to be fundamentally mediated through proteins codified by the two genes we have studied," she states in a press release.

"Our results present a fundamental genetic-environmental model to explain this sort of therapeutic response."

- Asked by themrmagoo, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

do i fix the damages before i move out or just let them keep my deposit?

1. my current apartment has sand colored carpet ---even in the bathroom. i had the carpets cleaned last monday, and there is an area by the front door which is stained--right where we take our shoes off. living room is 12 x 25 ft damaged area is 4 x 3
2. thumb tack holes from kids posters
3. kitchen cabinet door is cracked-- can only see it from the inside.
4. patio door screen is damaged from kitten claws.

we have lived here 3 years and will be moving out in about another year

Update: April 18, 2015.
i decided to fix the screen door-- if only to keep the mosquitos out. while at the hardware i also picked up wood glue for the cabinet door--- glued it wrapped it in plastic wrap then put a pillow case over it and then taped it tight to hold it together. i also bought hole filler for the nail holes. so the only thing they could possibly deduct is for the carpet -- its the el cheapo home depot sand color kind. total in repairs--$60 oh and the screen wont be done till later next week-so i went back to the hardware and bought 2 of those expander screens for house windows with no screens == and i have them smashed beween the dor frame and the patio door so we get some air circulating - because my a/c iced up when i tried it ( filter is only 1 week old) so i had to call the land lord-- all she will do is have her a/c guy charge the a/c--- its been "charged 2 times a spring summer fall for the 3.5 yrs ive lived here.

- Asked by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative
Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

What's a good career?

I am looking for a career change. I am a single mom and I don't have a degree in anything. I went to college for a bit but didnt complete. I wanted to be a teacher but the market in Cali is not good unless you are special needs teacher. I may do that. But what is a good career to go into right now? I need to work while I am going to school and I can always change my work schedule to fit for school. Anything but healthcare! I always wanted to try flight attendant too but that will keep me away from my kid too much. Thanks.

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Men, do you notice if your date/gf gets looks from other men?

I'm dating a guy I really like and when we go out, I do get looks from other men and notice them checking me out. Some of them are blatantly obvious looking me up and down. I don't want my guy to think that I'm encouraging it or enjoying the attention as I want him to like me and I don't want him to think that I'm a "female player" or anything like that as I'm not.

So do men notice other men checking out their date or are you oblivious? If you do, is it off putting and make you think twice about continuing the relationship further?

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

I know already asked this question but its still bothering me please help.

Im studying for my NCLEX nursing exam. I feel so scared and nervous. No matter what i do i just cant get the darn confidence to believe in myself. I keep thinking since my friend failed her exam so will i. Im having panic attack. Also its ALOT OF WORK. im 26. I should enjoy life why is god doing this to me. ITS not fair. Not only do i have one chance to ace this exam im also dedicating 6 hours a day to study for this exam. Im so scared.

- Asked by belladavid22, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Toronto
Race, Religion & Politics / 1 day ago Back To Top

Can Hillary Rodham Clinton win over men?

When it gets right down to it, Mrs. Clinton will have to win over men to get elected. Can she do it?

- Asked by chicagdavid1975, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Chicago, Financial / Banking