HOT 10

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you think less people believe in God because of recent catastrophic world events?

Do you believe in God?

If you don't, is there any particular reason that led you to stop believing?

House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you think that you should be a U.S. citizen to buy real estate in the U.S.

Reason for my question is what is taking place in the San Francisco bay area & its severely affecting rentals as well. FYI some countries such as Switzerland only allow its citizens to own real estate.

So here's what's taking place in San Francisco:
* Homes for sale are receiving multiple offers such as a home last week that received 56 offers.
* Bidding wars are taking place where every offer is over asking price.
* A home recently sold for over $1 million over asking price [listed $2.9 million & sold $4.1 million].
* Some town homes are selling for $1 million now & a 2-bedroom, 1-bath 1100SF in Menlo Park just sold for $1.7 million.

The largest percentage of buyers is by far Chinese [approx.60%] with many being Chinese nationals who are not citizens, followed by Indians [California allows 60,000 workers per year from India to work here mostly in the hi-tech industry - ie: Silicon Valley].

Many of the properties are 2nd homes & others are bought to rent out. Rental prices are showing double digit increases yearly and are pushing young people out of the area [my niece & BF just moved to Austin, Tx]. My son & his GF just rented a tiny 1-bedroom for $2200 mo. and they looked for weeks. Houses to rent are non-existent & start at around $3500 mo.

So what is the answer when young people who grew up here cannot afford rents any more let alone have any hope of buying a cheap condo [$400,000+ will get you a so-so 1-bedroom condo].

Thoughts?

- Asked by hsfbfan, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Other Profession
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

What things do you keep by your door?

- Asked by morningdust, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

Social Surrogacy is on the rise.

More mothers are choosing not to carry their own babies in order to not upset their work life or 'ruin' their bodies, according to Elle Magazine.

What do you think about this trend?

- Asked by houseworkmakesyaugly, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

Do you cover the webcam on your laptop...

because you're afraid that someone could be watching you?

- Asked by lecksgreendragon, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

I eat healthy and exercise!!

I have been trying to lose weight I eat better exercise but it's not coming off fast enough...what are some good ways to lose??

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Santiago
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

spranined ankle on 03*19*2014....its now 4/17/2014 why is it taking so long too heal

my brother thinks cuz i dont care to run around the streets and exercise....etc....., )im a homebody cuz ive out grown the rippin and runnin anyway.....) my ankle will take longer to heal, is that true? i was out walking and tripped in large crack, and my ankle twisted, it got numb and it had pins and needles in it. now after a month, its still swollen by the ankle and i have slight pain up my leg. i ice it and wrap it and sleep with an ankle brace.

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

My husband and I want to buy a house, but...

we do not gave enough for a down payment, and so we discussed putting in from our own pre- marital money that we always kept separate from our joint account. My husband said he would be willing to do that as long as we go to a lawyer and draft an agreement that the money we put in is protected in case marriage ever dissolves, like a pre nuptial agreement as far as the money we are putting down that we did not earn together. Does this sound like a fair agreement?

What are your plans for weekend?

I have little family and the family I do have is completely dysfunctional - so it's just me and my significant other for Easter - I'll make lunch and then we'll gonfor a walk and coffee - nothing different .

Tell this old - school boy what is of interest does FB have with people?

Why do you do it, what keeps you there and what might get you to quit?

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering