GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Dating / 1 hour ago Back To Top

Is honesty always the best policy

I want to break up with my boyfriend because I am no longer in love with him and I have feelings for someone else (although he's not the main reason I want to break up).

I keep coming across advice from people saying don't tell him about the other guy, just tell him you're no longer in love with him. I don't want to crush my boyfriend but I feel like I need to be completely honest. I don't want to tell him I'm no longer in love with him and then have him ask 'Is there someone else?' and have to hurt him further by saying 'Oh yeah actually there is'.

I haven't been intimate with this man but I have strong feelings for him and I see him as my future. Nope it's not just hormones or a crush. I didn't plan to feel this way and I'm not proud of it but it's happened.

Dating / 1 hour ago Back To Top

How do I get my boyfriend's mom to let us date?

We have been seeing each other for almost two months. We met at college and we both live with our parents. He is 23 and his mother has declared that we cant date until he finishes school in a year and a half. This is really frustrating because we cant even talk or see each other. He just got accepted in the nursing program and I know he will be busy, but this guy is perfect. Hes like the peanut butter to my jelly. We connect so well and I even love how we fight with each other. We have so much in common and I just want to be able to see him. His mother is bonkers and hasn't let a single person outside of their household in their house in 13 years. All his siblings are homeschooled and never go anywhere. His mom is so crazy she pulled him out of school and made him start over just because she found out he had a girlfriend. I just don't know what to do. She wont even meet me. I don't know how to prove im good enough for him.

Dating / 1 hour ago Back To Top

Ex doesnt like texing me wont meet me said she finds it to awkward and avoids me why she like this

Went on with ex girlfriend for 8 years she broke it off nearly a year ago had wedding fewmonths ago so I texed her and said didnt want things to be awkward she said they wouldnt be and not to worry about it , the day of the wedding she was so awkward and keep avoiding me till I spoke to her ididnt do or say anything to make her feel like this .I texed her after that and asked why she acting so cold towards me she said that she finds it to awkward to tex or talk to me she didnt go to a party I was at because she heard that I was at it.can anybody tell me wats up with her why is she acting like this nearly a year on and she is the one that broke it off thanks

- Asked by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dublin
Career / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Can you give me your advice on what transpired based on my summary? (warning: kind of long)

A couple of weeks ago I was still working for this company who hired me end of July. The job entailed a lot that does not in any way relate to my background but it was understood and implied I thought that the person hiring me knew and would work with me--meaning there would be a learning curve so to speak. Things got a little out of control for various reasons involving other coworkers (not me--a lot of confusion in that office). Then one day and on several the guy who is considered the Manager seemed to be getting very impatient with me (but then again he does that with everyone and a lot worse with the others). It was obvious and I tried to be patient and/or comply until one day as he had done before he called on me to explain a mistake that another person made but that I did not notice.
To make a long story short, and I brought up during the meeting (which by the way was the only meeting I actually said anything relevant and that was actually held after like 2 months) that I was confused about my role there. I don't think this was appreciated, and I can understand.
Now, aside from the others in that office who also have issues, this one Manager is here on a visa but has a close relationship with the boss or owner... My question is, during the meeting I mentioned that the Manager came up to me inquiring about something that someone else did, and asked if I was responsible for it, because if so, I should be made aware so that I can rectify it... Is it possible that it appeared that I was trying to jeopardize this person's role there? Because I was not, even though it may have come across that way. I really did not intend to criticize the company or other people but rather find a solution to the problem as to why people who were there longer than me are still making mistakes and that I, as a recent hire, am expected to correct or notice. I know that I could have handled this differently but this was going on for a while and I guess the frustration poured out of me at that point. I can say for a fact that the owner did not appreciate that I brought this up. Do you have any thoughts or feedback for me? I feel a little guilty for bringing it up like that but again I did not mean to (and I am pretty sure the other employees are happy they still have their jobs, I actually am not there for other reasons on top of this, and it's ok with me)
Thanks

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Ohhhh say can YOU SEE?

Hmmm...
Deep thoughts today.
Verdicts
Violence
Despare
Divisions
Heavy hearts
Do you even care?

- Asked by dblchocgrl07, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer
Married Life / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Is it ever okay to be friends with a married man?

I'm single. Definitely not interested in any type of romantic relationship right now. Recently, a guy wrote me & we began to chat. After a few days, I asked if he wanted to get to know each other and possibly become friends. He said it was absolutely fine & proceeded to ask if read his profile...which in fact says he's married. Nowadays, guys put things like that on their profile just because...(go figure). It doesn't seem right to me that he didn't mention this until I asked if he wanted to be friends. Just curious to know if I should go on to get to know him or just cut it off now.

To add insult to injury, I asked if he's happy & he said he honestly didn't know & needed to get away sometimes. Any help?

- Asked by A Player, Female, 18-21
Family & Parenting / 3 hours ago Back To Top

What nation's female names you like the most ?

I always thought that Portuguese female names are lovely and unusual, here are some examples :
-Zenaide
-Diamantina
-Flavia
-Feliciana
-Lucillia
-Alexandrina
-Aliciana
-Britesia
-Delolinda
-Lorena
What nation's or country's female names do you like, except the ones from your own country ?

Update: November 25, 2014.
Yeah I love Italian names too. Portugese are not as well known and it seems that every name has a little change or addition that makes it unusual, like the well known name Linda with Deo in front becomes Deolinda, name Falicia which is also well known with name, but Ana at the end becomes Feliciana. I like how they fancy up simpla names.

- Asked by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Other Profession
Diet & Health / 6 hours ago Back To Top

Have you ever been diagnosed

with a blood clot?

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?
Dating / 7 hours ago Back To Top

My bff flirts w/ a guy i like an tells me about it,

but she dont know i have a crush what should i do?
She fake flirts with him to be funny and he actually does back and she tells me everything he says to her, and i actually really like him a lot and im starting to think she likes him too, what should i do?

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 18-21
Diet & Health / 7 hours ago Back To Top

Stop them from feeling sorry for me

Hi, I am alone for the holidays b/c I am single and have no kids and no family here. However, I am still living close to the area where my parents who are now in their 70's made friends with people in their 70's. Of course it is nice of them to be concerned but I feel like they are a little too concerned. My parents are very friendly with them so it's normal that they act this way and at times I don't mind if someone reaches out but at the same time, I feel like they don't realize that I've lived and worked in other parts of the world before, and that yes, so I am single, but I feel like they are treating me like someone who is all alone. I do have activities and hobbies, that's not the point. It's just that I am 36 and I shouldn't have to answer back, but I do by responding. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to make them stop feeling sorry for me.
Thanks