GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Married Life / 25 minutes ago Back To Top

How can I approach my husband about him not going to his job?

He has not gone in in 3 weeks. He uses FMLA and I don't know what else to trick his doctor and manager even though he doesn't have anything wrong with him, except for a hurt knee. He simply doesn't like his job, or more specifically, doesn't like the people. He even got put on light duty in another area he said was great and has gone into that maybe 2 or 3 times.

I know he has been lying to me but have yet to confront him about it. Maybe 2 days a week he simply doesn't go in and then the other 3 he will leave the house but I can tell from phone calls to attendance, his bank account and simply looking at his hours online that he hasn't gone in on those days. Instead he leaves and goes and has breakfast somewhere for a few hours until I leaves for work and then comes home, acting like he's been at work all day. He has no idea I snoop to find all this out. I am such a non confrontational person and I have been on the verge of telling him I know everything but can't do it because I don't want to deal with the consequences of him saying "Oh so you've been checking up on me? You've been playing along this whole time even though you knew?" And he'll twist it all around to make me look bad. ANyone else would say "You lying sack of sh** get out of my house". I saw his paycheck yesterday. 8 hours out of 80 hours and after CS and taxes were taken out (They couldn't even take out the usual amount for CS!) he came home with a $20.08 check. He has no idea I see his paycheck online either.

I don't know how to approach him about it so he won't either give me a sob story about why he isn't working (his daughter isn't speaking to him and a friend who he hadn't seen in 30 years just died, even though this has been going on far longer than either of those) or he'll make it into a game and say "Oh I'm just going to go up into the mountains and be a monk". I know he hates his job but he simply can't NOT work and expect me to pay everything every month while he sits at home. Sarcasm with him doesn't work. Do I just say 'Sooooo....what are we going to do about you and your job?"

Friendship / 42 minutes ago Back To Top

My best friend has a crush on me and I discovered it before its time .. did I mess up?

My best friend sent me a message says "I had a crush on you". it was supposed to delay for 8 months, but it was accidentally delayed 8 days instead. So I saw it earlier than I supposed to do .. I replied to her saying: "omg I had a crush on you too" *which is true* did I mess up? What was I supposed to say .. and what did she mean by saying "had" .. is it a mistake? Please help

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 hour ago Back To Top

T.G.I.F.! What are your weekend plans?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami
Friendship / 1 hour ago Back To Top

When do you know its time to let go of a friendship?

I learned that who doesn't look for you, doesn't miss you and who doesn't miss you doesn't care for you. that destiny determines who enters your life but you decide who stays. that the truth hurts only once and a lie every time you remember it. There are three things in life that leave and never return: words, time and opportunities. therefore, value whoever values you and don't treat as a priority whoever treats you as an option.

unknown-

Dating / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Testosterone treatment after discontinued MTF Hormone Replacement Therapy?

My boyfriend recently disclosed to me that he had a mild case of gender dysphoria and that he even took hormones to become a woman four years ago for four months but discontinued use after deciding he identified as and wanted to be a man. He has now decided that he wants to take a temporary course of testosterone to increase his sex drive to match mine more and to feel more "manly". He also wants to start working out,but I'm concerned about the effects on his body and health. He is going to discuss it with His doctor first, but im worried they may make the wrong decision and he will regret it later. Furthermore I feel it may be my fault, because while we both care deeply for one another I've made it clear that being a Gay man, I am not attracted to women and would have to be friends if he decided to transition. I am attracted to him as he is now though, and am worried the hormones may cause facial and personality changes. He assured me that this is what he wants when I discussed this with him, but I still feel trepidation. Any advice for the entire situation? And any information on the effects of testosterone on his health would also be appreciated.

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 18-21
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 hours ago Back To Top

What are the biggest lies we tell children?

My short list:

1. Gods, magic, spirits, ghosts - all fake, all lies

2. Democracy - we do not choose our President or most elected officials, except perhaps at the local level.

3. "All men are created equal" - not in any way is this true (but I do agree that we should all be treated with equal rights, dignity, and justice)

4. There are no inherent differences between men and women - there are many, aside from the obvious.

5. America - it is not what the marketing messages tell us.

- Asked by strongnrelaxed, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Teaching
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7 hours ago Back To Top

SEX is like Weed........ you don't really know how good it is until You HIT IT!!!

So was it uh.....Good the last time you Hit It????

- Asked by boxer1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed
Diet & Health / 8 hours ago Back To Top

7 months pregnant with triplets! Help!!!

My 4 year old belly flopped onto my big belly and it really hurt!(I was sitting on my bed and he jumped real high and did it) All I've done from that point is sit and rub and feel my babies move because I got really scared :( they seem to be moving around fine. I'm at a very sensitive point in my pregnancy (I'm huge! So most of my day is spent sitting and giving myself big belly rubs) I'm worried that the babies are hurt. What should I do!?

- Asked by Female, 36-45, Newark
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Anyone else like reading continuing sagas in disguise?

- POP'd by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Why do we let criminals/prisoners see their children?

I don't understand why society has no problem with lettings the children of criminals go to the jail to see their incarcerated parent. I mean, how is this acceptable? Not only does it make an innocent child be exposed to a jail environment which is probably not a pleasant environment but since that parent committed a crime, they are obviously not a good role model right? Since they decided to go and commit crimes. So what business do they have parenting kids now?

I know a person whose wife committed some kind of crime and is in jail for eight months, and he is going to take his 13 year old daughter to visit. Why would he do this?

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10 hours ago Back To Top

We all deserve it sometimes.....

So how do you pamper yourself?

- Asked by needingmore, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Calgary, Who Cares?