GIVE ADVICE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 38 minutes ago Back To Top

After his exam the doctor asked the elderly man: "You appear to be in good health.

Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?"

"In fact, I do," said the old man. "After I have sex with my wife, I am usually cold and chilly, and then, after I have sex with her the second time, I am usually hot and sweaty."

Later, after examining his elderly wife, the doctor said: "Everything appears To be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?"

She replied that she had no questions or concerns.

The doctor then said to her: "Your husband had an unusual concern. He claims that he is usually cold and chilly after having sex with you the first time, and then hot and sweaty after the second time. Do you know why?"

"Oh that crazy old fart," she replied.

"That's because the first time is usually in July and the second time is in December."

- Asked by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired
Dating / 59 minutes ago Back To Top

Am I in an emotionally abusive relationship?

My partner and I have been together for nearly 13 years. While most of the time things have been pretty great, on occasion he can be a little mean to me.

He can be very verbally abusive (no name calling or put downs, just very loud even though he knows it frightens me to be yelled at) and often gives me the silent treatment when he's mad. He tells me that this is "a guy thing; sometimes we just don't want to talk".

One of my married male friends recently admitted to me that my behaviour is "classic of an abusee" and that that he thinks I have been in an abusive relationship for a while now. I've known my friend for a long time, feel I can trust him and so have often confided in him about my fights with my partner.

I will admit I do feel scared of my partner sometimes. I feel like I can't say certain things or behave a certain way. He tells me I am "disrespecting" him if I dress in a way which draws the attention of other men. I don't dress scantily clad but I am voluptuous so no matter what I wear certain parts of me stick out.

Recently I feel like I am having to convince myself that even though things don't feel quite right because the man doesn't hit me, cheat, or gamble I'm on to a good thing and that some women aren't nearly as lucky. I tell myself his occasional misdemeanours are only occasional and that I should just let it go because there is a lot of good he does. I also notice that more and more when he treats me the ways I mentioned above I find myself desperate for attention and affection from him, apologising incessantly and wanting to be near him. Are these bad signs?

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1 hour ago Back To Top

how do I send

a letter to tribunal?

Update: November 24, 2014.
I mean email the tribunal

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Married Life / 2 hours ago Back To Top

His wife found out, should I just leave him?

I had an affair with a married man. It started, like probably always in similar situations, very "innocent" and for a long time nothing happened between us.

I didn't feel good with it and wanted to ended it but I couldn't. I fell in love with him. I told him I couldn't live longer like this and I ended the intimate side of it but we continued to see each other as friends... or people who enjoy each other company but without getting physical.

Only 2 weeks after we ended the intimate part of it, his wife found out. Kids know it too...

I know I should have never got involved in such a relationship but I did and I really love him.

I never wanted his kids to suffer and I never felt good with it so I had told him we could be only friends.

It hurts me a lot but I know his wife and kids must suffer more. I'm truly sorry for his kids. I fell in love with a wrong man and wasn't strong enough not to go for it.

Now that she knows... should I just let him go? I hoped that if they ever split up (not because of me) I could be with him but never wanted them to do it because of me.

I still love him and want him but I feel like I should let him go and if he wants to fight for him marriage, let him do it.

I don't want him to think I don't care about him but I feel that it's not the right time for me to fight for him either.

I know I made a mistake earlier and I want to do the right thing this time.

Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2 hours ago Back To Top

People these days send messages with abbreviations. Does that hinder you?

- Asked by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Who is the highest paid actress

on TV, currently?

- Asked by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45
Friendship / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Please say a prayer for

all the people in and around Ferguson, MO.

Hopefully no one else will be hurt when the decision of the Grand Jury is announced tonight. There are some of our A/O friends that live in and around that area.

- Asked by themrmagoo, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?

When looking for a house to buy....to live in ,

what are your 3 absolute requirements?

- Asked by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3 hours ago Back To Top

Has the world become more mechanized

since computers have come into general use?

How can I install a Web Root button?

I already have the routine installed. I just need to be able to access Web Root.