I Recommend

To bookmark this Recommendation so you can find it easily in the future, click "Subscribe to this Recommendation" below. This will add it to your "I Recommend" subscriptions at My Account, and if you'd like, you can send it to any RSS Reader (coming soon).

Subscribe to this Recommendation

newbies aand regs
Recommendation Leader: txsophisticate
Description: A*ology members will keep you on your toes!

Sex & Intimacy

Lessons Learned / Dating / 8:39 PM - Sunday April 15, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
For those of you in the 35+ age range...what's the best piece of advice about life you could give someone my age?

Update: April 16, 2007.
Thanks for all the responses so far, all are great - especially kramer's he made me laugh! I wish I could give more stars. :)

- Asked by eternityzx9, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Executive

Crush? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:38 AM - Tuesday April 03, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Alright....at the behest of a good friend here I have added the "Crush" tag. Hopefully she will leave me a crush reply so I will have at least one.....girls? Anyone there? Bueller?

Have a good one!

Update: April 03, 2007.
Go into my profile and you will see the "Crush" tag. Go there, girls please, and leave one! By the way guys, you are tff!!!

- Asked by kanaka, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Executive

JERK / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:33 AM - Friday March 30, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I just got my first JERK award..Congratulate me!! =)

- Asked by almostsinful, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

I forego the right to remain silent / Sex & Intimacy / 12:15 AM - Friday March 30, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
any more guilty verdicts

- Asked by dvgic, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Atlanta, Other Profession

Comment from txsophisticate, Recommendation Leader:
the cat fight is on.....wtf?

I don't want to play around! / Sex & Intimacy / 10:50 AM - Sunday March 25, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Okay, this one is a TOUGHIE. Prepared to read?

And it's all happened so fast, I have no idea what to do. I can stay single for a long time, and I can get attention from men, but never any guy with potential. And when I find one with potential then they all just come out of nowhere and I end up with loads of men to feel I need to choose from because they all have potential. So I either get nothing or TOO MUCH! And to be honest, I'm okay with maybe starting a relationship, but I work so much and I’m okay with being single too. I only get the weekends off, so I'm not up for playing any games. If one happens I just want it all to be straight to the point. I have no time to fuck around and basically can't be bothered. Frankly; I think that love and sex isn't something you play around with. I take it seriously. I don’t like unattached trysts.

I'm concerned about two men I met lately. (Let me add first that I've been single for six months and I've not touched a man since... REALLY.) Coincidentally I met them both in the same bar, so I assume that can't really be good either...

*- Man 1: I met him randomly two weeks ago in the local rock bar in my area. He doesn't live far away at all. All he would do is stand staring at me from across the room. I thought he wasn't bad looking at all and surely seemed my type (image wise) so after a while I decided to stare back at him. To which he just stayed where he was standing and kept staring back. So I thought (as usual, because guys seem to be very threatened by just my image for some reason…) I'll have to come to him and see what he's got. We got to talking but I had to leave soon after. He asked for my number but then never called... *claimed he wasn't sure about the area code* ... to which sounds like bullshit to me, but anyway.

Okay!

*- Man 2: This one's a slight bit younger than me, but I'm young myself (20) so I'm not sure about if he's completely mature or mature enough for me because he’s only 18. I met him one week ago. We never said anything to each other. I was in the same bar again; he was standing on the other side of the room. We caught eye and just stared at each other. I was standing with my best friend (and ex boyfriend) so Man 2 wasn’t sure about coming over to talk to me, still he took every advantage to walk by me so he can lean forward and stare me in the eye and make himself obvious to me that he’s checking me out. He said nothing but then found me over the internet two days after, meaning he must have asked everyone so he could find me… now that sounds pretty dodgy. He became obsessed just because he thought I was good looking? What the? Okay, so we talk on the internet. He lives far away. He tells me he still wants to get to know me though, and we’ve planned on him coming over so we can hang out and ‘get to know each other’. I know what he wants. To be honest I do fancy him a bit, but he does live far away. He then had the cheek to tell me that he does want to play around with me but he’s not interested in a long distance relationship. I can understand the long distance thing but it makes me wonder; is he coming to me just so he can play around? He could do that with someone in his area… why is he traveling all the way here just to do that? I’m game with meeting him, but his attitude and intentions seem strange.

Okay… last night…

I found Man 1 again. I asked him why he didn’t call. He said the area code thing… fine, it could be true. But he didn’t have to call; I’m just noticing these things so I can make a record. We hit it off. He wouldn’t let me walk away, basically tried to force his way through when I made contact with anything that was remotely male. It was a sort of “I am here!” attitude he put forward to me. We had a really long conversation sitting at the bar and bought each other drinks. He asked me many questions about me, he barely spoke of himself. I had to ask about him. He claimed he’s a shy person. We were intending on going for a little drive around in his car and then head home. But naturally, we agreed to stop the car in front of the beach when we drove by and talked again. We spoke for two hours in the car, just silence, him and I… just talking. Eventually he went in to kiss me. … It was a long kiss. But he made the advance. He then started to get really touchy to which I commanded him to stop - which he did. Then I told him to drive me home. I didn’t mean it as I was angry, I just had worked all day and I was pretty bloody tired. We swapped MSN contacts. He’s still not online and it’s hitting the afternoon… can’t have loved me that much, eh?

Okay. Now – what the hell do I do? Next weekend Man 2 will come to see me. There’s good chance that Man 1 will be there. What, should I be honest? That’ll just piss them both off because they’re not centre of attention. I’ve learnt its how men are.

Why can’t it be simple? I don’t want to come off as a player, but as anyone else I must test the water. What do you think is their intentions? Someone give me a little direction. Point me in the right way. I don’t want to be stuck in limbo.

Should I pick one or keep testing or just give up on both and wipe my plate clean?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

What smell?? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:16 AM - Friday March 23, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Do your kids have a sense of smell?

Someone made a comment that grossed me out, but then I thought about it and it was true.

My ex's son could sleep in a bed that the dog peed on and not bat an eye, and was totally shocked (or pretended to be) when I got on to him for it.

I was like...if you can't initially see the damned spot, can't you smell it????
He was always like...smell what?? I don't smell anything.

And his room smelled like an animal den, but he never seemed to notice...we won't even get into the no deodorant thing.

- Asked by underthestars, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, San Jose, Medical / Dental

AAAAHHH!!! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:12 PM - Wednesday March 21, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I think I'm on overload. I'm so on the verge of going completely nuts right now.

Anyone got a straight jacket? :P

Who's here? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:28 PM - Monday March 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Are there any older A'ologists on the site tonight?

Thank you to all who responded. I guess I was talking "old" in terms of maturity more than anything. I was kinda hoping we could discuss something more than blowjobs, bodily fluids and "does he love me" on this site this evening... I was just thinking that would be a refreshing change... That's all... :-)

- Asked by silkenfire, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Teaching

Questions / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:54 AM - Saturday March 17, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
To those that answer a lot of questions

Do you just answer anything or are you picky about what questions you reply to

- Asked by browneyedgirl68, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Fuck Rejection / Sex & Intimacy / 10:30 PM - Friday March 16, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
How do you not give a fuck about rejection? I just wanna go out there and be myself...how do you not be sensitive?

- Asked by zween, A Trendsetter, Female, Who Cares?, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

you SO reap what you sew / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:15 AM - Wednesday March 07, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Regulars, Newbies, Anons, lend me your ears!!!!

If you stop asking stupid questions, you will not get as many stupid (yet absolutely hysterical) answers!

If you are retarded, we will be retarded back!

Thank you!

- Asked by tornapart, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Temptation!!!!!!!1 / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:01 PM - Sunday March 04, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
****** VOdkkkaaaaaaaaaaaa *******

- Asked by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

I read this... / Sex & Intimacy / 9:23 AM - Wednesday February 28, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
...as one of the responses earlier :

"I found out my boyfriend cheated on me and I am now on a manhunt to find this b*tch and choke the life out of her."

My question is -- your s/o cheated on you...why would you go after the 'other person'???

To me, it seems that you should be looking for your s/o to answer any questions...IF ANY!

just an FYI? For those that misread this post...this is NOT about me.

- Asked by scorp77, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I didn't make it clear that the post is not about me...the response I wrote is. Hugs to Scorp77 who has enough balls to have an opinion and voice it without feeling sorry for it!

Love and Hate / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:58 PM - Thursday February 22, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
What do people love and/or hate about you?

People love that I am fun

People hate that I am late...a lot

Walk? / Dating / 9:42 AM - Sunday February 18, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Just found out that a male friend I was interested in is not interested in me.

Think our "friendship" can survive?

I feel like walking away from any contact with him.

I may be reacting the the rejection and making a bad move.

Is walking a good idea?

- Asked by copperredhead, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

Answerology Confessions #2 / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:48 AM - Sunday January 21, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I flirt with nearly all the women on here that I PM with.

- Asked by bookman, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Say it... / Diet & Health / 12:12 AM - Saturday January 20, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Do you have something to say?

- Asked by wendyshoefitz123, A Player, Female, Who Cares?

Like That. / Dating / 11:52 PM - Friday January 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Mike is a bartender. Mike likes me. I do not like Mike...like that.
I like Mike as a bartender, especially when he gives me free drinks. I know this is bad, because it only encourages his behavior, and mine. :P Considering after my 5th shot of whiskey I start to like Mike...like that.

So now that drunken me has given Mike my number he calls. I avoid. Now my friend wants me to go out with him just so we can continue to go to this bar. I love this bar. It's near my house, their speciality is whiskey and you can smoke inside...although I don't smoke when sober this is a wonderful thing for an intoxicated individual such as myself.

So, I suggest to my friend that I tell Mike my reason for avoiding him, is because she has liked him along and it kills her that he likes me, so how could i possibly go out with him?...This would flatter his ego, no?...Anyhow, not going back to this bar isn't an option, so what is?

You tell me.

- Asked by chiquitabanana, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, San Francisco, Who Cares?

EMERGENCY! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:07 PM - Friday January 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Somebody call 911! I'm out of Coca-Cola and need to go to the store. I'd better run before the withdrawal sets in!

Update: January 19, 2007.
The crisis has been averted. I made it to the store and back before the withdrawal kicked in. AAAAAAAAhhhhhhh!

...yes guys we DO need those many pairs of shoes.. / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:29 PM - Friday January 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
WHAT are some things from the opposite sex that you KNOW you will never understand???

Update: January 19, 2007.
You guys are AWESOME! You must go back and read the rest of the responses -- you guys are HILARIOUS!

Angels make us smile ; ) / Diet & Health / 9:03 PM - Monday January 08, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Just when you thought you needed that smile...
Mamu comes through...
Who or what puts a big fat smile on your face?

My vote is for Mamu ;)

WE ARE...THE WOMEN OF THE WORLD! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:17 PM - Monday January 08, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
WOMEN OF THE WORLD...PLEASE STAND UP!

sign in please...*wink*

*raises arm* I AM HERE!

- Asked by dolphace, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

untitled / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:23 PM - Saturday January 06, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I vwant to up date a question i asked but don't know help?

Update: January 06, 2007.
I don't have the qustion or the answers to the questions and I don't remeber the exact question i wrote!

- Asked by sag79, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

THOUGHTS?? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:18 PM - Saturday January 06, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
i was talking to an aquaitance of mine last night and he made me angry because hes really immature and childish.anyway we started having an unpleasant conversation in which i called him a jerk several times.he repeatedly kept telling me that i was fustrating him so i told him lets hang up but he just did not want to hang up even though he says i was causing him confusion and fustration.does that make any sense? or he is just weird?

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

In the name of Torn (ylam) / Friendship / 7:09 PM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Am I a Regular?

LOL!
I have to do something to make me laugh.. bad day!

Update: January 02, 2007.
thanks you guys.. your all funny and sweet!

- Asked by lovesgoldens, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Is it "show the love" day? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 5:47 PM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Are Torn and Chi-Guy on ecstasy? All this lovey dovey professing of feelings is kinda wierd.

- Asked by thumper879, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I'm Super! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:27 AM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Crap! I'm #22 on the Superstars list! I want my life back! LOL!

Multitasking / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:23 AM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
What are you usually doing while a*ologizing? I try to clean and get recycyling done as well as other stuff...it's a little distracting though, and it's very easy to get caught up if you have holiday time! How do you discipline this?How do you know when you are a regular?

community service on answerology - what for? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:29 PM - Monday January 01, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I have been away from Answerology for a while. Today I found there is a community service under the community star.
What is that for?

- Asked by luckyforever, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Other Profession

Jane Doe? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:54 PM - Monday January 01, 2007 Back To Top

Text:

How many of you know my real name?

- Asked by gopgirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

HERE we go! / Sex & Intimacy / 1:55 PM - Monday January 01, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I had sex with Thumper, Torn, and Luvsgolden last night. Then I kicked them out and had sex with Wolfie, william45 AND kaiser. I can't remember who used a condom or not. Do you think I could be preganant? How soon will I tell?

p.s. Then Goober snuck in for a quickie when nobody was looking.

Update: January 01, 2007.
There will be pictures for sale with a small percentage going to AIM. Scorp, you know you're my one and only..... I do have fingerprints on my boobies so will be getting those lifted and processed. :)

- Asked by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Pictures / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:39 PM - Tuesday December 19, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
Who all uses "real" pictures of themself on here? I'm thinking about posting mine. Should I???

- Asked by pagirl, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

TO: all my Online A*ology FRIENDS / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:00 PM - Tuesday December 19, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
Online Friendship

Online friend I have never seen you before,
but I know you are really there.
I click you into reality, like magic in the air.
Your voice is like an angel, though I really do not hear.
Your hug as warm as any, of the loved ones I hold dear.
You are always there for comfort, or a word of cheer.
Though you are very far away, I always have you near.
You are a very special friend, like none I have ever known.
As long as you are in cyberspace, I will never be alone.

Merry Christmas!

- Asked by txsophisticate, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Houston

melt in my mouth / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 5:47 PM - Tuesday December 19, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I come on and I see green m&m' pics galore! What did I miss?!?

- Asked by cjwahl, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

The Sky Is Falling???? / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:17 PM - Tuesday December 19, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I miss one night on here, come back, and suddenly it's in to be a green M&M, or other green oval candy/object.

What did I miss?

NEVERMIND! Please disregard, I read the response to 1sassychic AFTER I posted this. Sorry everyone, and I don't know SDCOWGIRL, but I do send great wishes towards her getting better.

- Asked by stickaforkinme, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Food Service

254 / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:29 PM - Saturday December 16, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
press 254 if you are sick of women asking what body type men like..

254

Roll call . . .Imagination gets the Best of me!!!! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:31 PM - Saturday December 16, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
**Grabs . . . .mic, guitar . .and sings -

'Imagination gets the best of me
I'm looking everywhere- still I see your face' . . . . ..

**Grabs mic . . and says "ROLL CALL!!"

*Grins :D You know I LOVE to do this!!!!!:D

Mz;P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

- Asked by mzdejavue81, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

untitled / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:43 AM - Saturday December 16, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
Would you say I'm a "regular" here?

- Asked by ladysirene, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Other Profession

celebrity gossip / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:25 PM - Thursday December 14, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
anyone here into the celebrity gossip? if not obviously this question doesnt apply to you..i feel so bad for lindsay lohan it said in the paper that she cuts and almost overdosed on drugs..obviously something is bugging her.. it aint helpin she hangs out with paris hilton.. what you think?

it's all about the 'tude! lol Merrrry Christmas!

Go dell! / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:47 AM - Tuesday December 12, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
dell is brave!!
Not me...

- Asked by shoegal101, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

They have now made comments that deserve posting under this catagory on I recommend list!

shes a meanie :( / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:29 AM - Tuesday December 12, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I'm divorcing jillopo.. she keeps saying "i have a headache", she is so full of shit.

- Asked by gbanga, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Hospitality

see what I mean?

If you say so lol / Diet & Health / 1:24 AM - Tuesday December 12, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
Uh thanks for the "new hottie" nomination lol

you ladies are hilarious

- Asked by ibelong2babygirl, A Father Figure, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Other Profession

we're all crazy here! check out my I recommend list affectionately referred to as........ "NEWBIES AND REGULARS"