I Recommend

To bookmark this Recommendation so you can find it easily in the future, click "Subscribe to this Recommendation" below. This will add it to your "I Recommend" subscriptions at My Account, and if you'd like, you can send it to any RSS Reader (coming soon).

Subscribe to this Recommendation

Career and/or Finances
Recommendation Leader: txsophisticate
Description: this catagory is specifically designed to help those with questions in finances and career

Career

honor your limitations or push past them ? / Diet & Health / 12:53 PM - Sunday April 15, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Honor your limitations or push past them? When does it make sense to do one or the other? Talk about it...

- Asked by govbop, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Who Cares?

Busness Idea / Career / 11:15 PM - Monday April 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Will Anyone tell a good respectful,innovative business for low investment.

- Asked by sreedharanrohit, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

If you had all the money you ever needed / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:30 PM - Wednesday March 28, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
If you had All the money that you would ever need for the rest of your life (If thats really possible)..........thro ugh winning a lottery, an inheritance etc.,

What are the 5 most important things that you would do with it?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Baltimore, Administrative

Credit question / Career / 11:56 PM - Monday March 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Does anyone know..... Once I pay off my credit card debt how long will it take to register that I have good credit? I have just paid off some cards and brought a few accounts current..... how long till my credit shows improvement? Is there something I need to do? The creditor said they contact the top 3 credit instituations to notify them that I am current.

- Asked by 9frogkisser, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

untitled / Dating / 5:43 PM - Monday March 19, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
well my fiance and i have been together for over 2 yrs now. ever since he started his own business he has become a workaholic. he only comes to me when he wants to be intimate. what should i do????

high maintenance / Dating / 11:56 AM - Wednesday March 14, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
When a man is obviously attracted to you and shows interest ask you "are you high-maintenance?" What is really asking?

Hello everyone, Wow, thanks for everyone's candid responses! Great to get different perspectives(from both men&women). Here's why I asked that question. The gentleman friend who I go out to lunch with once a month (who I am very much attracted to and vice-versa but he says he has a girlfriend) were having lunch one day. He told me to order whatever I wanted for him because he said he trusted me to pick something good. So, I ordered Prosciuito salad. Well, he didn't know what Prosciuito was so I explained to him that it was high-end Italian ham. So, I told him background of the ham and that's when he asked me if I was high maintenance because I know alot about food, know fine dining places to go. So he assumed that I like to go expensive restaurants. Plus, the fact that I am well-dressed, well-manicured, attractive, outgoing, educated, well-rounded, professional women he assumed basically the worst. So I told him I am not HM. Infact, I may look it. Just because I take pride in my looks, I'm confident, I'm well-rounded, I know the best places to go wine and dine doesn't make me high maintenance. I am not vain, I only take half hour to get ready go anywhere, I'v never had my nails and pedicures done professionally, I hardly go to the hair salon. I buy everything on sale about 90% of the time. I am perfectly fine being on my own, can take care of myself financially. I don't require alot of attention. I can amuse myself, I even go out to the movies and dinner by mysefl because I happen to enjoy my own company. So, if he's sussing out so-called HM or someone said a 'gold digger, then how come he continues to talk to me, go out to lunch with me, look at me with those school boy crush? I don't get it. Wow, I didn't know being pulled together and taking pride in onself self and havin confidence was being labeled HM or a snob.

Reference / Career / 11:00 AM - Wednesday March 07, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Has any one every had to write their own reference letter for a supervisor? What did you write?

- Asked by km12, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, New York, Student

Hurry and Tell Me WTF to Do / Career / 6:53 PM - Monday January 08, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
How do you decide whether or not it's time to jump into a new career or to get an advanced degree in what you are doing ? Sometimes it's easy to get stuck in this dilemma...

Discuss....I need the answer in 5 minutes or your fired...ciao...(hug)

- Asked by zween, A Trendsetter, Female, Who Cares?, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

Investing 101 for complete morons / Career / 4:06 PM - Monday January 08, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
Investing 101

Seriously. Does anyone GET investing? Sites like eLoan, Sharbuilder, etc..

I'm getting dogged for not understanding this stuff. But I don't get it. I do complex Internet networking for a living. I can connect my country to your country in a matter of seconds, and allow you to do complex data work.

But when it comes to understanding ANYTHING financial.. I am a rock.

My brain shuts down. Complex engineering calculations, are easy for me. But the moment you put financial terms in front of me.. I turn into an idiot.

I have NO clue what stocks, bonds, trades, or any of that other crap means. And I'm absolutely terrified of risking a penny of my hard earned savings.. because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Worst of all.. I HATE myself that I can't "get" it. It makes me feel stupid, and pushes me to a borderline anxiety attack.

WTF??

Why is it so hard to find someone to trust, to just say "do this" and let them do it for you.

- Asked by steve67, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?

Promotional Modeling / Career / 11:34 PM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I have recently accepted promotional modeling positions with two companies. I really enjoy it and the pay is pretty great considering what I am doing/mainly promoting wine and spirits so far. I am just learning the "ins and outs" and would like to know more. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Did you work for multiple agencies or have a booking agent? Did it lead anywhere for you, or was it just an easy way to make easy/good money? I am not expecting to be "discovered" in my age range, but want to take it as far as possible...Tips and ideas are welcome please. Thanks : )

how much should i be paid? / Career / 6:40 PM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
I have my first ever job interview tomorrow. I've chosen what I'm going to wear and gone over information about the company. My only question has to do with salary. How do I know how much to ask for (if they ask)? I haven't been employed before, and I don't know how much is a reasonable amount. Where can I find out? Is it even plausible that they will ask me about my salary requirements?

- Asked by adorkable4534, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Philadelphia, Student

Life in Cin City Ohio / Family & Parenting / 6:21 PM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
There is a posibility that I will need to move to Cincinnati, Ohio.

Just wondering how is the life there ingeneral for a single woman.

What is the average income to have a decent life there.

I really appreciate your advice and help

Update: January 02, 2007.
Many thanks for everyone who answered my question. I really appreciate your candid and insightful comments. Those comments do get me to think twice about my decision. thank you all and have a good one

- Asked by luckyforever, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Other Profession

Investors / Career / 9:27 AM - Tuesday January 02, 2007 Back To Top

Text:
How do investors work?

- Asked by honey1306, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Denver, Who Cares?

feeling dumb / Career / 8:04 PM - Thursday December 21, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I went from a engineering major(and did quite well) to a education major....but I find myself struggling with this past semester and I don't know why...i'm not sure if i'm burned out or what....when i read something i can't even remember it...I LOVE the teaching field....just 8 more months and i can start but i feel like and dumb!

Trouble getting a job / Career / 2:39 PM - Tuesday December 19, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I have a three year degree in commerce from a foreign univ. (of course in english). The problem is that my finding difficulty in getting jobs in the US. Can anyone help?

I need a job where there are a lot of opportunities for growth as I would like to start my MBA in Fall 2008.

Anyone know I can see job listings in Boston and New York city? I have been to monster and Yahoo hotjobs. Any other famous websites I can refer to? My biggest stumbling block is the 3 year degree, plus I'm a fresh out of college and hence can only seek entry level jobs.

- Asked by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Student

Finance Frustration / Married Life / 3:08 PM - Saturday December 16, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
As husband and wife,do you share all money coming into the home,or do you divide it each having their own money from their checks.How do you pay bills;each pay half?

- Asked by halston, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

A few questions about owning your own busines. / Career / 10:50 PM - Wednesday December 13, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
-How hard is it to open and run your own business?

-Is renting space out to vendors to display thier product a good idea?

-How long does it take to get started?
-What are some must dos?

- Asked by nove10, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

untitled / Career / 9:43 PM - Monday December 11, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
What do you consider an average salary for a man in his forties? (Excluding i-banking and big law firm or spartners in top consulting firms, in which the average is $2-3 million.)

For a man with a regular professional job like sales or marketing or finance in a regular corporation, what do you think, by about 45?

what to do...need to put me first. / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:35 AM - Wednesday December 06, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
I feel like a lost soul...
constantly on the quest to find myself. I can't say no to anyone...but I can't find myself because I can't let go of what everyone else thinks...

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Credit / Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:04 PM - Monday December 04, 2006 Back To Top

Text:
is it true that you do not gain a credit history when you pay off your credit cards regularly and on time, and do not leave a balance? someone at the office told me this today. she also says a person with bad credit has a better chance of getting a loan than a person with no credit. also, i have a check card, does this help build a credit history?

- Asked by idreamimfalling, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Teaching