GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 7 hours ago Back To Top

How do you deal with lazy co-workers?

I have tired everything, ignoring them, praying, drinking, looking for a new job....and nothing has worked so far. I work with people who are so loud, disruptive me people, disrespectful to ohers (they mock handicapped workers even), I find it hard to consentrate on my own job. I work in a manufacturing plant and for some reason the boss does not think the items manufactured (medical devices)deserve 100% of a workers attention! Help me tomorrow!! HR said to "ignore them"...so what can I do to help myself just tolerate them? Thank you all!

- Asked by kmf1, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?
Career / 18 hours ago Back To Top

What is a legit site to register a business name and logo?

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession
Career / 20 hours ago Back To Top

Teasing Short people double standards?

I'm short in stature 5'5", I've 'grew up' being teased from teenage years, even in my work place today, I don't like it, I sometimes laugh it off, sometimes I make out I'm overlyhurt mentioned 'ethics', but they continue, from various people.

Today my colleague referred to me as 'little', the context was I showed concerns of a process at work, and her reply was, "you like to get your little self worked up".

She is over weight and I could (but would never) refer to her size in a sentence, again just a description of what is there, but this would be seen 100 times (maybe more) worse if I had said this. Even imagine it was a male speaking to a female telling her "you like to get your little self worked up".

Now yes, I can take it, I'm not going to go running to HR, but my point is, why is it ok to tease short people, but not ok to tease other people for their 'short comings'?

- Asked by Male, Who Cares?
Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

What do you want to be when you grow up?

As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

Is certification in Project Management worth it?

I was wondering if receiving a certification in Project Management really does anything for anyone's career? Do you think the certificate is worth it, or is it a waist of time and money.

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Payroll on holidays - paying before or after?

I only get paid once a month - on the first. Because the 1st is a holiday, I was expecting to see my check by today but my boss just said I would get it on Tuesday, September 2nd.

Is there a law about paydays falling on holidays?

- Asked by pjay007, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Miami, Who Cares?
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

my wish is to be a model but..

i would love to be a model. preferably face model since i am too short. although i am too scared to go through the process, i feel like if i apply i'll look conceited or something. people tell me quite often that i am so pretty and should be a model but i always just brush it off. but i have been hearing it more often so i would really want to try. has anyone been in the business or have any advice?

Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

should i confront my boss?

my coworker is getting under my skin. he keeps telling me that all my coworkers are trash talking me. he says our supervisor doesn't like me and said a bunch of hurtful things that she supposedly said to him. I'm not even sure he's telling the truth. he follows up all this information telling me he's "always liked me" and that i "can count on him". i asked him to not share with me what others say about me because i don't want to get involved in company drama. I'm not usually a tattle tale but id like to say something to my boss to hopefully call him out on his bs. you see...hes trying to get this promotion and i don't think he knows that i am too. he seems to me like he is good at manipulating people and comes of as a sociopath. he's misogynistic and racist and that makes me sure he won't get the job because all the employees are female and my boss is african american. he's always complaining that "b*tches are on their rag again" and calls our boss a...well a derogatory term for black people that he uses with a hard R. i feel uncomfortable at work and i like all my other coworkers. help.

- Asked by sadgirl805, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

1