GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 21 hours ago Back To Top

What is physical attraction? Why do we get attracted to people? How does attraction works in brain?

Ever wondered why are you attracted to someone? Would it be an acceptable reason to be attracted to someone BECAUSE they are attracted to you? What are the differences between men and women attractions? Is it correct that women get attracted in reaction? (women attraction is reaction?)

Career / 22 hours ago Back To Top

Is there really a point making an effort?

How many times have you seen positive outcomes after putting effort into something? Why do we put effort in something? To be successful?

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

What do you do about a client ...

... who is asking questions that if answered, would cost you your job? My manager knows and has told me to cite the company policy. I have, twice, but the client is sending me daily emails pestering me. Evidently I'm not going to accede to the unethical requests, but how do I make them stop?

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Has having your Masters Benefitted you?

I just received my Masters, I feel like it may or may not help career wise. Anyone have experience with this topic?

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Need some advice about teeth

I'm over 50 and my teeth are in bad shape. Just last night I was eating pork chops and when I bit down I felt a pop and it was very painful. I thought I had bit into a bone, but turns out now one of my only 4 upper teeth is loose, and painful when I bite down. Anyway, I also became unemployed about 6 months ago. I was talking with a friend on the phone today about what happened and that I was going to look into getting dentures. He said that it was a good idea, not only for health reasons, but he also mentioned, in his opinion, that if I were to go on any more job interviews, that I would have a better chance on getting hired if I had a full set of teeth. Do you think this is true? If you were an employer, would looking at someone with a lot of teeth missing, regardless of their qualifications, turn you off into not hiring someone? Also, for the record, for any of you who have dentures, what was your experience on getting them? I am only looking into getting top dentures, as I do have some lowers missing, although only on the sides of my mouth. I have 8 teeth in the middle intact all in a row. I'm still nervous about what I am going to have to go through, though. I also don't have any insurance right now. I appreciate all of your answers!

- Asked by probeman, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession
Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

so on sunday at work i was written up

back story -its a call center -road side assistance for a big company we all know the name of - ive been there for 4.3 yrs. im the highest earning employee they have , highest senority besides 1 other person who is also involved in this story.

my team leam/ manager pulled me off my assignment to write me up because the other high seniority agent, stacy, stopped on her way leaving for the day at my desk to ask me a work related question. i answered her and went back to work.

i was told "its a violation of "floor policy" to speak to another agent unless they are sitting at a desk directly to the left or right of you."---- and that it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to tell other agents-- please move along you are violating floor policy----

mind you 30 minutes before this a higher manager stopped at my desk to shoot the breeze. for 5 minutes straight, while i was on a call.

i refused to sign the write up.
they have been firing people left right and center lately so i think my days are numbered.

its literally the second time in 4.3 yrs ive ever been written up-- and the other one was bullshit too--- i wouldnt give the manager my cell phone number-- that was 2 yrs ago.

so i guess ill start looking for a new job.---- i hate job searching -- id rather have teeth pulled

- Asked by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

How can I nail an audition if there's no script or storyline yet? Any actors on here?

I'm in a theatre society, love acting and have been quite good at it. Problem is that there are girls in this society 10 times better than I an and there are only 8 roles. I didn't get one last time..

The audition is tomorrow. It's a play that doesn't have a script yet and no characters. Actors will be casted and we will make our own script while rehearsing. This there's no way I can prepare for my audition the classical way by learning my lines and getting into character.

Yet we have to do audition and the competition is killing. How can I ensure myself of a role? Thus nail my audition?

- Asked by koekje, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

1