GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

Scared to follow my dreams...

I went to school for journalism. Reading/writing was always my thing. After school I made the stupid decision to get a job in makeup instead of pursuing writing. I regret it deeply to this day. So i started from the bottom in the beauty industry. Eventually I began to create my own line of cosmetics. I had this amazing idea I started working on. A couple of years in I found out that a small company had done the same idea and presented it to a huge makeup company and was sold for 150 million dollars. To say I was absolutely crushed wasn't even the word. I cried and cried and cried. My boyfriend told me I should still continue the idea because mine is a little different (a little bit more advanced) but I think little old me fighting against a multi million dollar beauty company just didn't make sense. So every day I pretend I am still working on it but really I haven't at all. I'm depressed I haven't worked in years I tend to stay in my bedroom a lot.. until recently I got back into writing. I started writing a book and Im finally seeing some light.. but now I'm scared to tell people I've given up on the beauty industry. Everyone around me is depending on this makeup company that I'm not pursuing anymore. I really need some advice.

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

The job is not worth it...?

I have an opportunity to move abroad with my parents, I have a BA in languages and many skills and I am sure I could find a job or make money. The only thing is I would like to do what I want, and travel if I want to and I feel my parents and family are too possessive of me and I don't wan tot blame them but they have this tendency to hold me back and I don't want them to. I have a job I could do here but it's not worth giving up the traveling or moving to a different country. The job is not that great but it could grant me more experience that I probably don't need and it's not up my alley of what I want to do in the long run probably. The owner says he wants me to go back and work for him but he wouldn't specify what. So, I am just tempted to leave and not bother with this employer and forget about moving here in the US altogether, since I have nothing keeping me here.
Just wondering if anyone here by reading this can give me their advice.
p.s. forgot to mention my parents have money...though this really shouldn't impact me, but it kind of does matter when living abroad. I am just feeling out of my element.

Update: September 02, 2015.
Ok but if I don't have a job here or a place to go, then I might have to move back with them.

Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

In your job do you feel encouraged, motivated, driven, ready to walk out, challenged, stressed..

besides a paycheck what keeps you going to work and staying there?

- Asked by karenrecess70, A Trendsetter, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do you think women should be equal in everything that a man is?

should women be equal in combat in every aspect of war? How about the front lines of battle? Would you as a man have a women be your partner in a going to work? Such as a firefighter, police, in war, etc. Women are already in these fields, I just want to know how men feel working next to them as a partner.

1