GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 Next
Career / 6 hours ago Back To Top

Hey. So I just finished up 7 days of work in a row with 12-15 hour days being a part of that....

I was pretty tired today on my day off... it was rainy and chilly actually and so me and the little one just hung out and chilled most of the day... I did manage that last 7th day to do a late night mowing of the lawn and such but today I was a bit... slower... I still need to do laundry and clean up the house tonight... I think feeling tired after this last go around is to be expected.. or is it? I mean we are normally awake and mobile like that anyhow... should I be concerned?

How many hours do you work during the week and are you compensated fairly? I'm not yet... but hope to be soon... just sayin...

- Asked by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial
Career / 7 hours ago Back To Top

I was interviewing a potential staff recently, and I called a salary higher than my usual entry fee.

..because I really wanted her. How do I tell her that that amount won't fly and cut off the extra offered her? I offer all my staff a weekly phone bill and a monthly blackberry renewal, do I tell her the extra I added will go to that? But, I had already told her that this was not the case.

Thank you.

- Asked by athenalite, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Consulting
Career / 7 hours ago Back To Top

How does one recover after making a complete fool of yourself in front of your staff?

I usually keep a pious front and I'm extremely private. But my staff caught me smoking pot. Now, instead of me to keep quiet and pretend like nothing happened when I got back to the office, I started going on and on about inconsequential stuff, till I blurted out that I smoke but that they were east african herbs to purify my bloodstream. Really??

What do I do now? I really don't wish to fire him because he's really valuable and a fantastic asset to my firm. He's also scorpio (if that helps).

How do I make a respectable come-back from this?

Thank you.

Update: July 26, 2014.
PS: I'm an Entrepreneur, so I am the CEO of the Firm. I answer to no one. Was smoking on my private landing at the rear which has a winding staircase that leads to a wrought iron gate downstairs. He's my personal assistant, so he's the only one with a key apart from myself. I left the half smoked pot at the head of the stairs, went inside. Asked him to bring my blackberry from my desk, forgetting I left the half smoked pot there. So, when I came out to receive them from him, I saw it, and I knew he'd seen it as well. He was pretty chilled about it, but I wasn't. And this was because I had openly discussed against the "ills" of pot. The fact is that I've been smoking since I was 14 (my second year in uni) - that's approximately 15 years ago, but no one else has known about it since I was 21. it's been my private and personal vice which I thoroughly enjoy. By the way, my company has been featured on Forbes, and I got my first masters at 20. I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't drink alcohol.

Career / 13 hours ago Back To Top

What is going on here?

I work part time in an office. I do all sorts of regular clerical duties like filing, making charts, data entry etc. There is a full time admin there as well. There is a new girl in the position for a month , with the other secretary before staying for 3 months. I've only been there 9 months. Lately a lot of paperwork has been misfiled and charts are put together incorrectly. I've found some errors , too , from months ago. I'm pretty thorough in my work so I don't feel I'm the cause. The problem is my coworkers and boss seem to be alluding that I'm making the mistakes ? I don't understand why though. I'm helpful and friendly to everyone. It feels wierd to me that I would be blamed and that all these mistakes are happening lately & not before? Why am I being singled out, not the new person?

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

How many moles of helium are in a balloon filled with 6.02 x 1025 atoms of helium?

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

What do you use for inspiration during the dull or stressed hours at work?

I am taking a long weekend. Off tomorrow and Monday....the stress metre is broken and is stuck at full effin throttle!! I am listening to John Lee Hooker to help chill me out and get through this horrible stressful time.

What do you do to get through crap at work?

- Asked by specky, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?
Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Is it possible to like someone(a co-worker from other state) suddenly without any particular reason?

we meet may be once in a month or two months. And only professional talk. Never felt like this about him all these days. And suddenly one meeting andall I could do was just gaze at him through out the presentation. My eyes followed him wherever he went.
Why did this happen suddenly and am I supposed to feel like this at 33 ? I don't know anything about him other than his name and what he does for my company.
And would he notice that my eyes were glued to him all throughout that time ? Do men notice that ? Does men notice all that ?
I know its a bit embarrassing in work situation but I don't know suddenly what happened ? Any thoughts ?

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

What am I doing wrong, please help.

I was up all-night trying to open a g-mail account so that I can search for jobs online, you have to have an e-mail address, but I could not access the site is there any other alternative or was I doing something wrong, can I get some feed back please.

- Asked by steady4rhyne, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed
Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Rhetorically....what do you do?

You are part of a team. Each of you have a role and responsibility to the group to be efficient and accurate and clear. You are the last stop on the chain. The project hits your desk and you can see someone has made a huge misinterpretation. You could work with what you have; generate your portion and let the project go forward. If you speak up the whole thing is delayed....If you don't speak up no one will ever look at you because it wasn't your mistake...which way would you go?
I just went through this and I had to point it out. The client called and is annoyed to say the least.But I had to take care of this.Now that guys mistake makes us all look bad. Lazy sloppy work doesn't always get you but when it does it is always big!

1 2 Next