GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 13 hours ago Back To Top

Living a no regret life. Any advice??

What advice would the elderly give me about life so as to help me avoid living a life that I may regret in old age days. If you are an adult, have you ever looked back on your life and wished you had rather lived life in a certain direction?. What are some of the regrets?
Care to share any of your stories? I am all ears to listen to your advices to better my life journey. Thank you!

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

My fiance is struggling to get a job, but refuses help

Hi all! I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with my fiance.

We're both graduating university next month, and I have a grad scheme set up starting in September. He has been applying for a lot of similar jobs as me to start, but now has started applying for things all over the place. He has no idea what he wants to do and gets annoyed when I talk to him about it. I started off seeking help for jobs he could apply for and tests that help point him in the direction of what he may enjoy doing. The problem is, he's not interested in ANYTHING - all of the jobs he wants to do are of the superficial hero variety i.e. police, army, FBI etc. Needless to say, he has nothing in his work experience or degree that suggest that these are suitable for him.

As time goes on and we're nearing September, I've been pushing him towards applying to more things and telling him that he's not doing enough (I know this is not ideal, but this is after MONTHS of doing the job hunt for him), but he just gets annoyed and angry and asks to leave it. The applications he sends are very much half-assed (e.g. he tried to convince me he really wanted one grad scheme, and couldn't answer as to what their country of origin was). Meanwhile, I am holding back on looking for a flat until he knows what city he will be in next year.

What do I do? Are my only two options to leave him or just be fine with him slacking off, and cross my fingers and hope for a miracle?

- Asked by An Engaged Girl, Female, 18-21, Glasgow
Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Soon-to-be ex-colleague being friendly or out of line?

Was chatting to a colleague after work yesterday and he mentioned he'd given in his notice. Wished him well, but was a bit upset, because due to the way the company is being managed, more and more of the people who are interesting to talk to are upping sticks. He complimented me quite highly, not in unprofessional terms, but then he hugged me. That's not usual for colleagues here, especially when they are of opposite genders.

Since he soon won't be a colleague, that could have been very promising if he was single - but he's not, so I had to break away. Would like to keep in touch with him as a friend after he leaves, but not if he's got the wrong idea about me. How do I deal with this situation?

- Asked by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

Who was the worst boss you encountered ? Were they male or female ? Did you consider that person to

be toxic or abusive ? Did they take you for granted, while you went above and beyond for them ? Did they have sociopathic qualities ? Please describe what you considered to be your very worst boss.

- Asked by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

1