GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 3 hours ago Back To Top

If you interview for a job and they offer it to you....

Is there a polite way to say that you have other interviews scheduled and want to see how they go?

- Asked by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching
Career / 4 hours ago Back To Top

Can you have a spotless record and management still scheme to replace you?

From past experience I know management will not alert an employee their job is in danger until they at least have someone trained to replace them. Only once they hire the newbie will they start the paper trail.

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

Stuck in a Job I hate but can't leave it.

Heya!! To begin with I really hate the store i'm working for I have been with them for 4 years now and I'm feeling upset/angry/Depressed I have to deal with the public/customers everyday at my till some people are nice but alot aren't has been nothing but listening to constant complains about unfair prices,Gimmicks with tokens,mislead labels etc Like if it was all my fault or stuff that had basically nothing to do with me.

At the end of the day I feel like shit I want to do something else like another field of work or a course but you can't get anything else in the town I'm currently in Also if I left my job the dole in my country will cut me off,

Does anyone have any advice to what to do or suggest something. thanks

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Dublin
Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

What is a good age to retire?

What do you think is a good age to retire? What age do you plan on retiring and what will you do at that time?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

Can you sell a small dollar store business if the retail business is on lease or rent

Can u sell a dmsmall business if it's on lease or rent in Akron ohio

Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

Hey. So I just finished up 7 days of work in a row with 12-15 hour days being a part of that....

I was pretty tired today on my day off... it was rainy and chilly actually and so me and the little one just hung out and chilled most of the day... I did manage that last 7th day to do a late night mowing of the lawn and such but today I was a bit... slower... I still need to do laundry and clean up the house tonight... I think feeling tired after this last go around is to be expected.. or is it? I mean we are normally awake and mobile like that anyhow... should I be concerned?

How many hours do you work during the week and are you compensated fairly? I'm not yet... but hope to be soon... just sayin...

- Asked by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

I was interviewing a potential staff recently, and I called a salary higher than my usual entry fee.

..because I really wanted her. How do I tell her that that amount won't fly and cut off the extra offered her? I offer all my staff a weekly phone bill and a monthly blackberry renewal, do I tell her the extra I added will go to that? But, I had already told her that this was not the case.

Thank you.

- Asked by athenalite, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Consulting
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

How does one recover after making a complete fool of yourself in front of your staff?

I usually keep a pious front and I'm extremely private. But my staff caught me smoking pot. Now, instead of me to keep quiet and pretend like nothing happened when I got back to the office, I started going on and on about inconsequential stuff, till I blurted out that I smoke but that they were east african herbs to purify my bloodstream. Really??

What do I do now? I really don't wish to fire him because he's really valuable and a fantastic asset to my firm. He's also scorpio (if that helps).

How do I make a respectable come-back from this?

Thank you.

Update: July 26, 2014.
PS: I'm an Entrepreneur, so I am the CEO of the Firm. I answer to no one. Was smoking on my private landing at the rear which has a winding staircase that leads to a wrought iron gate downstairs. He's my personal assistant, so he's the only one with a key apart from myself. I left the half smoked pot at the head of the stairs, went inside. Asked him to bring my blackberry from my desk, forgetting I left the half smoked pot there. So, when I came out to receive them from him, I saw it, and I knew he'd seen it as well. He was pretty chilled about it, but I wasn't. And this was because I had openly discussed against the "ills" of pot. The fact is that I've been smoking since I was 14 (my second year in uni) - that's approximately 15 years ago, but no one else has known about it since I was 21. it's been my private and personal vice which I thoroughly enjoy. By the way, my company has been featured on Forbes, and I got my first masters at 20. I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't drink alcohol.

Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

What is going on here?

I work part time in an office. I do all sorts of regular clerical duties like filing, making charts, data entry etc. There is a full time admin there as well. There is a new girl in the position for a month , with the other secretary before staying for 3 months. I've only been there 9 months. Lately a lot of paperwork has been misfiled and charts are put together incorrectly. I've found some errors , too , from months ago. I'm pretty thorough in my work so I don't feel I'm the cause. The problem is my coworkers and boss seem to be alluding that I'm making the mistakes ? I don't understand why though. I'm helpful and friendly to everyone. It feels wierd to me that I would be blamed and that all these mistakes are happening lately & not before? Why am I being singled out, not the new person?

1