GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 9 hours ago Back To Top

I'm being made redundant

So are all but 1 of the people I work with.

No question, just in shock.

- Asked by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession
Career / 9 hours ago Back To Top

How to deal with work frustration!!

My boss has a presentation tomorrow. Yesterday he had me busy with creating binders, labels and copies. I left the office at 6pm waiting on him to provide me with paperwork for the binders. At 6pm he said he had everything electronically to send and I didn't have to stay. HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THIS BEFORE 6PM! He then said "I need you here first thing in the morning". I showed up at 8:30am to see an email from him that he will be here at 12 noon. It is now 4pm and he has not given me anything to complete the presentation he needs for tomorrow. I can't stay late. I have things to do at home!! I had to rush home yesterday in a panic cause I was expecting company at 6pm. Now I don't know what time I will leave today.

It like he does not care that I have a life outside of work!! I don't get paid overtime either.

I like my boss alot and this is not a typical scenario. I want to help him as much as I can but from 8:30am I have been sitting here waiting on him and still waiting!!!!

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Career / 23 hours ago Back To Top

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I was hired to work part-time to make extra money on the side since there are not many opportunities for me in my area. I am currently living in Colorado. I am working for a small cleaning business to clean the banks.

I have been experiencing some issues with my employer. My first paycheck came 9 days late after the pay period (1 to 15/16 and 16 to 31). I have asked my supervisor why my first pay check was late and she said it wasn't happened like before and she also said other co-workers received their pay checks on time. I was puzzled. I never met other co-workers since I got hired because they have their own banks to clean. I work alone to clean two banks without any supervision. Of course, there were video cams around 24/7 and called specific phone calls that I showed up for my work 6 days every week.

I was supposed to receive my check last Monday (average 3 days to arrive in the mail like everyone else), but I haven't receive my paycheck yet (about to be 5 days late). I live on paycheck to paycheck for gas and food. I wonder what kind of rights I can do in the state of Colorado about the late paycheck situation? There are not many choices I can work this end of the year. Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Career / 2 days ago Back To Top

What to Make of Interview Response

I went on an interview over a week ago. They told me it would be a couple of weeks before they made a decision and I was their first interview. I was told I would receive a formal offer in the mail I landed the job, but advised not to give my 2 week notice until I received the letter "duh". I was given business cards by the two people that interviewed me. The woman was an ice queen and I felt no rapport with her, the man was much friendlier and responded to me better. I felt the interview went so so. Meaning I didn't have a good or bad feeling and my chances were 50/50.

Today I sent an email to the gentleman that interviewed me asking for an update and wanted to know that while I knew I would receive notice if I got the job if I would be notified if I didn't. The email was very professional brief and friendly. His response was the following

We are currently in the Planning stage for 2015, If you could please follow-up on Thursday I hope to have more details for you.

Apologize for the delayed response.

Thanks

Nate

What do you make of the response? Good, bad, neutral????

- Asked by baybreeze69, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Career / 3 days ago Back To Top

My boss told me that I'm a passionate person and very passionate about my work.

Compliment or alert?

I do realize that I am hot tempered and always talk with passion. I am animated and always express a strong opinion, but when he said that to me I didn't know how to take it...what do you think? and what do you think of passionate people?

- Asked by becomingjane, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

1