GIVE ADVICE ON CAREER

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Career / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Have anyone of you been in a phone interview and

you could have done better? I would really like to be part of the in person interview process but I get a feeling that the hiring manager is not going to be calling me. How would you rectify this situation if it were you? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Career / 10 hours ago Back To Top

Should I leave my job?

As of this week, I have been at my current job for two years.

The atmosphere is good and the people are friendly. However the payment isn't great as it's a small start-up company.

I have a good sum of money saved up from previous jobs. However I only just barely break-even with amount that I spend and the amount I make each month.

As well as that, I feel like my job is a bit simple and can be do by a college under-graduate.

When I took the job, I mainly took it for the sake of having a job and the unemployment where I live is quite high.

I was hoping that things in the company would pick up and that payment would increase and I'd gain more skills. However things are slow and the tasks that I do are quite repetitive.

At least with some of my previous jobs, even for short-terms I was gaining new skills and learning new things. So right now I feel like I might be pushing myself into a dead end.

I have a signed contract that I'll be there until January of next year.

So I am considering leaving and looking for jobs elsewhere. Although the economy (I don't live in America) is picking up and I'm getting a good few calls form recruitment-agents, my biggest fear is that I may end up just unemployed again.

Another option is to return to College part-time or full-time and up-skill myself with my latest technologies to better employment.

What should I do?

Update: April 19, 2014.
The company I work for is a start-up company and can only pay me minimum wage. I would make the same working somewhere simple like a fast-food place. Although that would be less dignifying, at least I would have more stable and have to work less hours. I would stick with this job if I felt that I really learning something. If it was as good as attending school but it is not.

Career / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you express your thoughts with management at your company?

Do you express your thoughts at work with management? I am referring to positive or negative? Do you have an annual survey and if so are you open and honest on it or do you feel you have to be very careful with what you say?

Does your company care about your feelings? Of course this is aimed at those of you working now and those working for someone else or your thoughts from when you worked or were in this situation are welcome also.

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Administrative

1