GIVE ADVICE ON SEX & INTIMACY

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Sex & Intimacy / 54 minutes ago Back To Top

If I was with someone who had a psycho bunny boiler ex ...

... Or a lunatic stalker who was pretending to be his ex for that matter - I can't imagine I'd be bosom chums with her either, can you?

- POP'd by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

new woman hates us?!!!

My ex and I divorced in 2013. He has started dating this new woman.
She is 38 and has 3 kids. My ex is a millionaire good looking man (hes a womanizer). They have been dating for 6 months after their fling in October.
She met him before their fling as a fan. She is half Italian and half Hispanic. She is from a poor and low class family. Ever since she started dating him, there has been a drastic change in his behavior.

We have a 6 year old daughter from his ex wife but ever since he started dating her, he has been neglecting his daughter and his family. He buys her designer shoes and dresses and she puts all of the photos of the expensive items on her instagram and facebook.

She made a twitter and when people didn't believe she was his gf, she called all his admirers '*****es' She made a twitter once again and only talks to those who like her. She talks only about my ex and herself, even favorites all tweets related to both of them.

She has started using his twitter acc to block fans who say bad stuff abt him. She glares at his pretty female fans and allows him to take pics with ugly ones.
She also blocks anyone who mentions OUR KID.
With her, he acts like a J**K to people, drinks a lot and is on drugs too.
Whenever shes around hes disrespectful. she controls him as to whom he should even takes pics with. Ugly girls can take pics with him but pretty girls cannot and if they do, she glares at them.

Shes on twitter whole day talking to her fans about him.

She has big *** and boobs. Is dark toned and dark haired. His type of girl fits in this category.
Her family brags abt them on twitter too.

He even bought her to his public functions and holidays with her in Cali and NOLA. No interest in daughter anymore.

What type of woman is she? does he even love him? and what type of man is he who doesn't understand that shes a psycho and neglects his own child? does he love her?

Please do not give replies like move on and forget him. I only want replies specific to this post. I still love him and seeing him in ruins is beyond my tolerance.

Sex & Intimacy / 2 hours ago Back To Top

What strategies do you use to get people to answer your questions?

:O)

- POP'd by distinctlybeautiful, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

Me and my guy best friend hooking up! please help!!!! Stars and +2's!!!

So its hard to make these short.. but I'm like 99.9% sure me and my best friend mutually like each other. my bday is coming up and its the first one will get to spend together. he wants to take me out get me drunk and go on an adventure.

we've never been on a date before. and i honestly feel like he might think that since we've spent so much time together and we have so much chemistry that he can just skip the courting part and go right to the romancing and sexual stuff before DTRing.

we have crazy sexual tension and its about to explode right before us. and on my bday when he takes me out well its almost guaranteed stuff is going to happen. like we already planned the date and plan to get drunk and since we can't go home well he offered to cuddle on the floor of my friends apartment where we will be crashing. cuddling well will probably lead to making out and who knows. we want each other BAD but like I'm actually a virgin and i think deserve commitment first.

so basically i need help being in control of this situation when my body is not!!! what do i do or tell him. like how can i tell him i actually like him and care about him (thats whats making hooking up with him seem so seamless is because were already so close) how can i determine what he really thinks about our friendship? he's only been in long term ones not like random hit it and quit it. like i know he cares about me but will hooking up with him ruin the chances of this being more because i know that we have many more years together even if we like it or not.

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 18-21, Fashion

Morality aside, why do you think most extra marital relationships don't end in marriage?

My affair partner of 5 years, relocated and broke all contact with me four months ago. We had planned a future together & I gave up my job to join him. I am bewildered, lost & miserable.

A sweat in time, saves 6 (pack abs!!)

I was wondering if women get turned on or off by the smell of a man's sweat. I personally (being a guy) get turned on by the smell, and I was told by mom that when she usde to hold me as a baby, I waould fall asleep with my face stuffed into her armpits. So my affinity towards female sweat goes back to then. But dont get me wrong, it isnt always nice, I remember we had a maid servant once, and she used to smell like she never bathed,and once I puked out an entire gallon of lemonade that I drank up right in front of her,because of her body odour. So, is it somewhat similar in the case of women too?? Do women , atleast "sometimes" get turned on by a man's sweat or is it a no-no like always!!!!

new woman hates us?!!!

Sex & Intimacy / 6 hours ago Back To Top

What weird things have you found yourself doing out of love....

For your pet?
Last month saw me chasing my dog around the yard with a funnel trying a collect a urine sample( I think the neighbors thought I had finally completely lost it) and this week has brought the fun of brushing my dogs teeth...with chicken flavored toothpaste, no less.

- Asked by needingmore, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Who Cares?

If you could travel back in time and take something from someone famous, what would it be ??

- Asked by kismet331, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
Sex & Intimacy / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Brewer & Shipley - those were the days . . .

'Sittin' downtown in a railway station,
___ ____ ____ ___ ____.'

(Going out to all you cats and kittens on da Wolfman line !)

- Asked by carnivaljoe, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older
Sex & Intimacy / 10 hours ago Back To Top

Well, you have jelly, jam, and preserves...

...so, why the hell does anyone need marmalade ?

I don't care about your so called culture, what part of the world or country your grew up in, or any of that nonsense....

..I am looking at the shelf at the grocery store, and asking myself...

..why does anyone need marmalade ?

I am wel aware that the *Midwest* people are frightened to death of anything with more flavor than unsalted, unbuttered corn on the cob, and that they would prefer to blow their brains out than try a bit of jallapeno jam, but really why does anyone need marmalade ?

Now, for all the *genius IQ* people here, no, the same question does not apply to the others I mentioned, maybe to preserves, but really, nobody eats marmalade.

- Asked by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Have you heard about bio-sensors?

The Science of Sweat: Skin Biosensors

Posted on April 18, 2014 by jtozer

Some of the coolest things about science fiction technology, in my opinion, are the fictitious medical devices. Those fanciful pieces of machinery or medicine that can do - sometimes with one push of a button - what teams of current medical professionals cannot.

One of my favorite examples of this is in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Dr. McCoy is in a hospital in the 1980s (they traveled back in time; it's a long story, just bear with me). He sees an old woman in a hospital bed in the hallway, who is struggling through kidney dialysis.

"Dialysis?!" Dr. McCoy exclaims indignantly. "What is this, the Dark Ages?"

He hands her a pill, tells her to swallow it and moves on. Later on, you see this woman in the hospital, but she is sitting up in bed, smiling from ear to ear. She spots McCoy and exclaims in jubilation: "The doctor gave me a pill, and I grew a new kidney!"

Unfortunately, science fiction medicine is just that: as fantastic as it is fictional. But is this futuristic science tech really so far-fetched?

The advances in prosthetics are growing by leaps and bounds. Laser technology is being developed and perfected as we speak in various stages in military research laboratories. Now it seems our medical advances are striding into science fiction territory as well.

This is a skin biosensor.

Photo: (U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory photo illustration/Released)
(U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory photo illustration/Released)

Looks like an adhesive bandage, feels like an adhesive bandage and works like a medical scanner. This little device is being developed and perfected at the Air Force Research Lab for the purpose of changing the way we obtain, record and utilize real time medical stats about our bodies.

Dr. Josh Hagen, Ph.D, is a chemical engineer for AFRL at the 711th Human Performance Wing. His first research area is looking at novel solutions for rapid to real-time biomarker sensor development, resulting in several sensor platforms for detection in biofluids. He now leads a research program in Human Centric Sensor Systems, which develops technologies for physiological monitoring in multiple missions in the Air Force and Defense Department.

Recently I sat down with Dr. Hagen to get the scoop on these sensors, and what they could mean for the future of tech-forward medicine.

"The overall concept with all of this is really creating a dashboard for the human life." - Dr. Josh Hagen, Ph.D.

"Similar to what you have in your car, when you're looking down at your dashboard you get up to the second information on the performance and health of your car. We're trying to do that for the human body."

The way that works in a car, he says, is that you're looking at a display where a bunch of sensors throughout the car are feeding it information. The speedometer tells you how fast you're going; the tachometer tells you the RPMs. The biosensor functions insomuch the same capacity, only with things like heart rate and respiration rate.

The human performance augmentation is an emerging concept based on the ability to sense and assess human health status in real-time using wearable biosensors. We're talking vitals, hydration, even medical problems, if possible.
Graphic: (DoD graphic illustration by Jessica L. Tozer/Released)
(DoD graphic illustration by Jessica L. Tozer/Released)

The goal is to enhance warfighter performance before mission safety, efficiency and outcome is compromised.

"So how can we create sensors to measure things on the human body, but in a form factor where it's kind of innate to life. We look at the Band-Aid as the ideal form factor? If you put a Band-Aid on something, you generally just put it on and forget about it. We're looking for the same for our form factor."

These sensors are electronics - a flat chip the size of a memory card - that are embedded into wearable bandages, which are designed to give you the information that was once only provided by a medical scan or a blood test.

The biosensor is designed to serve two purposes:
1.Vital sign measurements - heart rate, respiration rate, blood oximetry, etc.
2.Vital fluid measurements - things that could be determined through a conventional blood test.

"That's what's really novel about what we're doing at AFRL," Dr. Hagen tells me. "If you go into a doctor's office and something is wrong, they will take a big vial of blood. They'll take your vital signs but that doesn't tell you exactly what's going on. It's really what's in that blood."

They're trying to come up with novel ways to get away from the concept of taking a 10ml sample of blood, taking that to a central lab, doing the analysis and then waiting hours or days later for the answer. They want to do all of that on a wearable bandage.

Furthermore, they want to get those answers not with blood, but with sweat.

"We want it to be completely non-invasive, so you don't have to break the skin," he says. "This is a key part of what we do in our lab; understanding the science of sweat, what all is in sweat that is measurable, how does that correlate to blood biomarkers, to performance, to medical applications, those kind of things."

The electronic bandage is designed to sense those sorts of things in real-time, and AFRL is looking at this as one alternative to blood draws. Needle-adverse people, rejoice! The biosensor could detect anything from high blood pressure, to dehydration, to stress levels (cortisol spikes, etc.), to fatigue or possibly even pregnancy.

Yeah.

That's the part that gets me, the potential applications for this. Anything that can be detected through sweat, basically, could be detected through this, and that could be a lot of things.

There's been some medical literature and speculation, Dr. Hagen tells me, that anything water soluble in blood will be present in sweat (within adequate concentrations). The researchers at AFRL believe that the more we know about medical science, the more that theory is proving itself true. Going back to good ol' country doctor Leonard McCoy and his affinity for traditional practices, I wonder what he would have to say about these biosensors.

"We're trying to really develop the wearable tricorder," says Dr. Hagen.

The Air Force is also working with cost effectiveness in mind. By creating this in a military lab, they save money and resources, and they're creating something that could convert into a commercial product.

"We're really trying to get this technology pushed to where it can be a real product," Dr. Hagen explains. "Both in the military and commercial side."

These sensors are designed to work in two different ways: they can record the information on the bandage chip itself, and they can also send information to a central online system.
Photo: The recording biosensor mobile medical screen could look something like this screen capture of the "Scientific SciFi Scanner" app, designed to look like the Star Trek tricorder. (DoD screen capture by Jessica L. Tozer/Released)
The recording biosensor mobile medical screen could look something like this screen capture of the "Scientific SciFi Scanner" app, designed to look like the Star Trek tricorder. (DoD screen capture by Jessica L. Tozer/Released)

Utilizing smart phone technologies, Dr. Hagen says you might be able to check out your vitals by having the info sent directly to your phone. In the event that smart phones aren't available, or even an internet connection, the data can also be stored on the device itself.

That way, when the wearer is able, that information can be downloaded and observed, and won't be lost due to poor signal strength.

"I think it's really the high wear-ability combined with extremely relevant data," Dr. Hagen says. "There are a lot of things on the market today, like pedometers, but we want to take it to the next level. Getting really in-depth vital sign information and bio-marker data. It takes it to the next level."

Talk about being self-aware.

So I guess the real question here is, would you wear a medical bioscanner? If you're in the military, you just might get the chance to make it happen. AFRL is testing medical field monitors, where they attached the patch to some service members and let the data flow into their data aggregate computers.

Also if you're running the Air Force Marathon in September, you might get the chance to beta test the bio-sensors. They're going to have several of them available for this, ahem, test run. Regardless, it seems like the biosensor bandage technology is about to hit the ground running.

- Asked by philosopher1, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next