GIVE ADVICE ON RACE, RELIGION & POLITICS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 days ago Back To Top

While I'm one of the first to speak out against police brutality..

I also respect what they do (the good ones) daily and don't in any way condone violence against cops or anyone. Yes, it's possible to do both.

I do have a family member who is an LEO and I'm damn proud of him.

Yesterday, after 2 cops were being sworn in, a gunman opened fire at the ceremony..my cousin was there; and from what I hear, he was standing next to the gunman at some point...the gunman was shot dead..the 2 officers shot are going to be OK.

It made me think that this could happen anywhere, obviously...but most places this happens to, guns are banned. This gunman could've done so much more damage had nobody been armed. If it were any other ceremony not involving cops..maybe a wedding, or funeral...anything...it would've been like shooting fish in a barrel...it's a scary thought.

With the growing animosity towards police, I worry about him because in the eyes of cop haters/killers, all cops are guilty -and that's not what *SANE* protestors of police-brutality want.

God Bless you always.

Update: January 28, 2015.
GW, the topic wasn't about who cops killed yesterday. I don't care - I'm already aware of it. I also already know about your animosity towards police and I don't care to hear about it regarding my cousin or 2 innocent men being shot because of some guy's mental illness and run-ins with the police. As I said, I don't condone violence either way. The work police do isn't all bad -I'd like to see you show up to a fatal accident and "clean up" or even save the lives of near-dead victims while getting "told off" by a mouthy 8 y/old.

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35
Race, Religion & Politics / 3 days ago Back To Top

Tell me a way that God has recently worked in your life.

Share your story. Tell me something God has done for you. I trust God above all else but I'm having a hard time understanding his plan right now. He has never let me down before so I have no doubt, but right now I am hurting. Share your faith.

- Asked by faithaboveall, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21

Obama sometimes "forgets" his promises. Do you agree?

Update: January 28, 2015.
Fact check: President Obama lays claim to peace dividend that doesn't exist during DNC speech Obama told nation he wants to use money saved by ending wars to build highways, schools and bridges. The wars were largely financed by borrowing, so there is no ready pile of cash to be diverted to anything else. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Friday, September 7, 2012, 2:00 AM

Update: January 28, 2015.
Shortly thereafter, There was a rebuttal to that statement on the world news. The entire $2 trillion would go to paying off the war debts.

Update: January 28, 2015.

- POP'd by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

A short time ago, Obama stated

that when the current wars ended, $2 trillion would become available.

As I recall, $1 trillion would be used to pay off debts ( and I can be wrong about this ) and the other $1 trillion would be used for infrastructure, health, education, roads, transportation, etc. ( not wrong on this).

Now that the wars have almost ended, what happened to the $2 trillion dollars? Nothing has been heard since regarding this matter.

- Asked by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

1