GIVE ADVICE ON RACE, RELIGION & POLITICS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Were any U.S. Presidents ever divorced WHILE IN office?

Update: August 21, 2014.
Only one President in American history has actually ever been divorced - Ronald Reagan - but his divorce took place over 30 years before he was elected President, and he had been happily married to his second wife for many years by the time he was in the White House. Several Presidents were widowers in the White House. James Buchanan and Grover Cleveland were bachelors when they were elected. Buchanan never married, but Cleveland married his wife during his first term. While there have been many White House weddings, Cleveland is the only President whose actual wedding ceremony took place at the Executive Mansion. Two other incumbent Presidents - John Tyler and Woodrow Wilson - were remarried while in office. The first wives of Tyler and Wilson both died early in the Presidencies of their husbands. Attempting some semblance of privacy, President Tyler married his second wife at a New York City church. President Wilson and his second wife were quietly married across town from the White House, at his new bride's home in Washington, D.C.

- POP'd by randyl, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Were there ever any US presidents who were impeached? If so, who?

- Asked by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired
Race, Religion & Politics / 21 hours ago Back To Top

who sees a contradiction here?

I recently saw a photo with two images. one on the left shows muslims kneeling and praying. on the right it shows a football player kneeling and praying before a big game. note that both faiths are doing in regardless of where they happen to be..business, personal life or wherever. but the point of it was a valid one. the same people who had such a huge problem with the football player praying before his game have utterly no problem with muslims being able to pray regardless of where they were at. also there is a glaring contradiction in so many feminist who ive seen coming against Christianity as being repressive to women but then turn around and defend even praise islam.

who here has seen the inconsistency here?

PS.someone I know pointed out the hypocrisy behind those who pray in line with the football player on the right. but I remember seeing the movie THE STONING OF SORAYA M about a young woman stoned to death due to false accusations of adultery by a scheming husband wanting to take a new 14 year old wealthy bride. at the opening of it was a quote by a Persian poet HAFEZ "do not be a hypocrite who thinks he can conceal his wiles while loudly quoting the Koran" as a Christian I also don't have to worry about being executed over beliefs not lining up with the bible not today. nor do I ever have to worry about having parts of my body removed with needle nose pliers to make me a "proper woman".but so many people who accuse Christianity of intolerance seem to have no problem with a faith even more repressive and even more open in showing their hatred of unbelievers.

not angry or offended. just trying to make people think andsee some inconsistencies here.

- Asked by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental
Race, Religion & Politics / 1 day ago Back To Top

Does anyone know why my zoom in and out is just automatically changing on me. It never used to do

this until recent. Now it changes as I am typing. Is there a way to lock in on a size?

Update: August 20, 2014.
Took my computer back in today and we pretty much figured it out. I have been over heating my computer and we suspect that I damaged the mouse by doing so. So now I have to operate a lap pad and possibly a remote mouse which they gave me. I may end up having to get a new computer. We are hoping it's just the mouse I fried. Dagnabit!!!!

- Asked by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

What are your thoughts?

Are we human beings having a spiritual experience or spiritual beings having a human experience?

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Other Profession
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 days ago Back To Top

Why are the police allowed to use weapons and deadly force to protect their lives....

But we as citizens are not? And why are they allowed to keep shooting children and animals?

Update: August 20, 2014.
If we are allowed to use lethal force to protect ourselves.....why do the people who do that end up in a lengthy trial to determine that? My friend's father is in prison because his neighbor came over onto his property, put his hands on my friends dad, and so he reached for a gun and shot him. He didn't die or wasn't seriously injured. Now he is sitting in prison on attempted murder charges. When a cop kills someone, they go on leave while an internal investigation is done. They need to stand a full trial then too. Let the people decide if they should have used lethal force.

- Asked by thekissbandit, A Thinker, Female, 29-35
Race, Religion & Politics / 3 days ago Back To Top

If you ONLY boil water... is the pot you boiled the water in dirty?

or can you put it in the sink, let it dry, and place it back in the kitchen cupboard?

- Asked by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

1