GIVE ADVICE ON RACE, RELIGION & POLITICS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Race, Religion & Politics / 13 hours ago Back To Top

What do YOU believe Karma is? Have you experienced it?

- Asked by babelfish123, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Food Service
Race, Religion & Politics / 1 day ago Back To Top

Easter weekend?????????

Do you think a lot of A/O people are packing or traveling today?

We've noticed that Thursday evenings have become very busy at the store over the past few years because many people commute to Denver and even farther and they do 10 hour days, 4 days per week, so, Fridays off.

Do many people take a long weekend for Easter and travel or just stay home or prepare for family on Sunday?

- Asked by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Today is Maundy Thursday(BTW this has NOTHING to do with sex)

Maundy Thursday is observed during Holy Week on the Thursday before Easter. Also referred to as "Holy Thursday" or "Great Thursday" in some Christian denominations, Maundy Thursday commemorates the Last Supper when Jesus shared the Passover meal with his disciples on the night before he was crucified.

John 13:1-17, 31b-35
13:1 Now before the festival of the Passover, Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart from this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

13:2 The devil had already put it into the heart of Judas son of Simon Iscariot to betray him. And during supper

13:3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going to God,

13:4 got up from the table, took off his outer robe, and tied a towel around himself.

13:5 Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was tied around him.

13:6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

13:7 Jesus answered, "You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

13:8 Peter said to him, "You will never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no share with me."

13:9 Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!"

13:10 Jesus said to him, "One who has bathed does not need to wash, except for the feet, but is entirely clean. And you are clean, though not all of you."

13:11 For he knew who was to betray him; for this reason he said, "Not all of you are clean."

13:12 After he had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?

13:13 You call me Teacher and Lord--and you are right, for that is what I am.

13:14 So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.

13:15 For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.

13:16 Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them.

13:17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.

13:31b When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him.

13:32 If God has been glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at once.

13:33 Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, 'Where I am going, you cannot come.'

13:34 I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.

13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

- Asked by mistyjean, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Exchange money for religious beliefs?

Okay, before I start, know that I'm not trying to start a religious debate -- I saw the post on here the other day about people pushing their beliefs.

Now, say you were getting a post-military physical evaluation. There's a portion that evaluates your mental state. You're deemed to have mild PTSD, but the rating doesn't get you high compensation because based on your interview, you have good coping mechanisms. To help you get more compensation, the physician asks, "Do you believe in God?"

This happened to me during my evaluation in 2002, and I answered "No." The physician responded with, "You know, you don't get a whole lot of money with that answer." I was a born-again Christian at the time and was firm in my beliefs. I also didn't know that my rating would hinge on my answer. My compensation is minimal, and I don't really care, but lately, I'm seeing a lot of people leaving the military with high ratings and high compensation, and they haven't even deployed or been in combat. They just cry that the military was too much for them and that got them a depression diagnosis that gave them compensation.

Although I'm no longer Christian (I'm more up the middle of theist and agnostic -- not sure of the term if there is one), I don't regret the answer I gave, it's what I believed in at the time. But what would you do if you're faced with a question like this?

Bear in mind, I didn't know any better when this happened. I didn't know I'd be asked this question. I'm seeing former soldiers my age who knew the system and lied to get the extra money, but claim to be faithful to a certain religion, I guess figuring, "Hey, God will forgive me."

I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Update: April 16, 2014.
Sorry guys, I really effed this one up. I said "Yes" when asked if I believe in God, not "No." So, NOT believing in God would've upped my compensation. You all probably caught that already.

- Asked by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 days ago Back To Top

What, exactly is the "liberal" plan to fight mega-corruption & tyranny?

So far, I haven't heard any plans -just disarm/toughen gun control laws of law abiding citizens, fight for gay marriage and abortion and build a solar farm by selling FEDERAL land to the Chinese without the public's consent and kicking a family off their ranch that they've been running since the 1800s.

Do the liberals have anything planned? Just plan on bending over for government when they REALLY start going apeshit -as in kicking you off your property (which they are doing), killing your family in front of you if you put up the slightest resistance? Is that the big plan?

Should we get on our knees and worship the almighty state while putting all out trust in government because they are "god"? The IRS? Should we grovel? Is that the plan?

Honest answers - How would a liberal fight government corruption & tyranny when you don't want the means to protect yourselves with the rights the Constitution grants you? AKL of the rights -not just the 1st amendment..but the 2nd to back it up.

What is your "liberal" plan?

Update: April 16, 2014.
And when your diplomatic means fails and you find yourself the victim of unconstitutional orders like we're seeing now? Over-taxation is also tyranny -using the IRS to audit and ruin people financially (especially your political opposition) is tyranny. Why scoffing at people who want to protect their 2nd amendment rights? Why scoff at the militia who just made the gov't *temporarily* back down from Unconstitutional orders? (They will be back -they're bullies like that)...what's with the liberal arrogance? You've STILL got nothing -diplomacy doesn't work anymore with this government.

Update: April 16, 2014.
But anyway, I asked the question THREE times in my post - I want to know the LIBERAL plan to fight corruption & tyranny -not what conservatives are doing to take away your uterus rights or some crap.

Update: April 16, 2014.
Neocons like McCain are a dying breed -they're trying desperately to stay relevant but they need to go.

Update: April 16, 2014.
Thanks for clearing that up, stillagoodguy.

- POP'd by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Serious question. No dipshit answers.

Let's say the militant antigovernment crowd gets their wish....they stand up to the mighty US military and win. They cause the entire government to fall....okay now what? They are in charge. They are the ones with all the guns and weapons now. What would their style of government be like? White guys with guns policing the towns basically being worse than what they replaced? What do you think?

Update: April 16, 2014.
President Nuge or Beck? Truly excellent choices...for a militant fringe group.

- Asked by rantingmadman, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Cincinnati, Transportation

Okay religious freaks, what significance does the number 3 have in the Bible?

Some Examples:

Jonah in the belly of the whale for 3 days

God separated the waters from the Earth on the 3rd day of creation

Jesus rising from the dead on the third day

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

In response to our anonymous" sweet..haha sure" Sarah......

I'm NOT Christian. So, with my best regards, suck it. Please. In gods name, we suck.

And, for you decent people who believe, this was not intended to insult you. I believe you are entitled to believe, just as I a entitled to not believe. I just don't appreciate her non stop spouting, and nor should you. She is like a militant Muslim.

Update: April 17, 2014.
And the award goes to .....Myndseye! You nailed it.

- Asked by needingmore, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Who Cares?

IRS demands Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" nonprofit show list of donor names.

They've already been fined for refusing.

"There is no legitimate reason for the IRS to know who donates to Campaign for Liberty," Megan Stiles, the communications director at Campaign for Liberty, told the Washington Examiner in an email on Tuesday.

"We believe the First Amendment is on our side as evidenced by cases such as NAACP v. Alabama and International Union UAW v. National Right to Work. Many 501(c)(4) organizations protect the privacy of their donors in the very same way as Campaign for Liberty. For some reason the IRS has now chosen to single out Campaign for Liberty for special attention. We plan to fight this all the way."
----------------------- ---------

Obviously the Ron Paul nonprofit is just being racist.

"Pay no attention to tyranny behind the curtain!" -President Obama

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession
Race, Religion & Politics / 3 days ago Back To Top

I feel like this is not normal, rational, mature behavior.........

Recently, when asking a question on communicating better with my boyfriend i had someone respond and start their response with: "I believe in Christ! Ok, now that we've established that I believe in God." and then she went on to give me advice. WTF?

- Asked by lennonlover, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Student

1