GIVE ADVICE ON RACE, RELIGION & POLITICS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Race, Religion & Politics / 1 day ago Back To Top

How does it all fit in,was God around during the pre-historic erra.

This question maybe of sensitive nature to some of you, or even stupid but here me out.
In the first book of the Bible [ Genesis ] God created heaven and earth and all there in, he then made Adam and Eve, so heres where it gets fuzzy up until the time Jesus was crucified on the cross to redeem man-kind at what time did pre-historic animals and cave men existed.
[1] Were pre-historic animals / cave men here before God.
[2] Did God created them and whipe them out to start a new world and didn,t see any reason for there existence.
[3] Who came first the pre-historic animals or cave men, one had to eat the other to survive.
[4] When Caine fled after killing his brother Abel, he met some people with hairy like skin, were they the last of the cave men extinction.
If we have historians on the site your opinions would be great.

- Asked by steady4rhyne, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

There's a big arguement overamnesty for illegal aliens!

Personally I feel the government is making it a democrat vs republican argument so they do not have to solve the problem. I also feel there is an easy answer which I have explained to three Senators and Representatives from Oklahoma. How do you stand on amnesty? Yes? No? Or Yes/No with conditions?

Update: October 30, 2014.
I would like to thank you all for responding. The opinions were wide and varied. While I am not a fan of anyone coming into this country illegally, we have a major problem of what to do with the millions who are already here and are productive citizens. I have visited with both the Senators and one Representative from Oklahoma on ways to solve this problem. I would go into it here but it is a bit too long. In any case... it is a problem that can be solved it both parties would work together. But that is another issue. I ask one thing: Before we judge the illegals here, have a bit of compassion and look into "why" they are here illegally. Getting a green card to work here generally takes over a year and can cost $6,000 - $10,000. Most of the people here are here because they need to provide for their families. The cannot afford the green card but they can afford $1,500 for a coyote to smuggle them here. Many of them just want to survive. Call your congressmen and ask them to cooperate with each other and find a workable and compassionate solution for this major problem.

- Asked by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering

Giving stupid answers

when a question is asked doesn't help anyone. I asked a question and one of the answers was from a rumour-mill. The person obviously didn't even start to check their facts before they answered the question. For this reason I gave them a -2. How do you feel about people who pass rumours and have not checked their facts?

Obama is now giving another live "urgent" message.,.........;.

Does ANYBODY believe his shit? If you do, please explain to the rest of us why.

- Asked by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?
Race, Religion & Politics / 2 days ago Back To Top

What percentage of the jobs that Obama's produced are part time?

We've now seen the Republicans and Tea Partiers on the board claim ad nauseam, that almost all of the jobs that Obama's produced are part-time and this is because of the introduction of Obamacare. I finally looked it up.

-So what percentage of the jobs that Obama's produced are part time?

-When were most of his part-time jobs produced bearing in mind that the ACA came into being in 2010?

- Asked by patresi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

What are the pillars of Christianity?

How many of them are being observed in modern world? Do you have any differences with your partner if he/she is following different sect?

Tommy is not happy right now

Why is Tommy so upset? Tommy looks up to Kentucky and sees a good man like Mitch McConnell being bullied and beaten
.For all he has done to help the good people of that state and they thank him how? By putting an obamaclone in his place. It Truly sickens me. If that damn woman wins , well those lazy mooching bums can go to hell. They will be wishing for it after turning there backs on man that saved there right to own a gun after Obama tried to take them .

- Asked by tommybeachlover, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Miami, Self-Employed
Race, Religion & Politics / 3 days ago Back To Top

What are some widespread scientific or historical misconceptions that should be cleared up?

WARNING: FOR ADULTS ONLY

Here are a few interesting facts:

1. Abraham Lincoln's assassination was a part of a plan to destabilize the government. Secretary of State William H. Seward and Vice President Andrew Johnson were unsuccessfully targeted for assassination as well.

2. George Washington was NOT the first President. There were several before him - if the US was founded in 1776 and GW did not become President until a 1989 - who was running the show in between? He was the official 1st Pres, but not the actual 1st Pres.

3. When Columbus came to America, many people knew the world was spherical. It was the Catholics/Christians who resisted the science of the time - as they still do with "creationism". Serious scholars of the time knew it was a ball and not a disc.

4. The Gulf of Tonkin incident that got us into the Vietnam War was based on SIGINT errors. Robert J. Hanyok, a historian for the US National Security Agency, concluded that NSA deliberately distorted intelligence reports passed to policy-makers regarding the August 4, 1964, incident. He concluded the motive was not political, but rather to cover up honest intelligence errors. Others claim it was a "false flag operation". Either way, we went to war on false data and pretenses.

5. Ben Franklin did not discover electricity. He was just doing an experiment to prove the electrical nature of lightning and static electricity. Another scientist - Professor Georg Wilhelm Richmann of St. Petersburg, Russia - tried to replicate the (mythical) experiment a few years later and was killed doing something Franklin never even did.

6. The wage gap myth. The gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers.

Update: October 30, 2014.
To all - Jophus corrected me on one of my points. The Catholic Church did not believe that the earth was flat. Despite the notions in the old testament bible indicting that the earth is a "disc in water" and talk of "ends of the earth" and "the four corners of the earth" I cannot find anything that supports the notion that Columbus thought it was flat. So thanks for setting me straight! The President issue, however, is another story. There were indeed Presidents before Washington - they were just not officially POTUS because the US was not truly a country until Washington.

- Asked by strongnrelaxed, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Consulting

1