GIVE ADVICE ON PETS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Pets / 23 hours ago Back To Top

My friend had a pet raccoon. She told me, raccoons don't have salivary glands.

It's why they "wash" their food-- hard to eat it dry, you know.

So, how do raccoon bites spread rabies, then?

- Asked by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco
Pets / 1 day ago Back To Top

Which is better as a forever friend for a newbie?

Cat or a dog? Why?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Pets / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you know what precisely your pets

did last night while you slept?

Pets / 3 days ago Back To Top

I live in a major city and have so many stray cats coming through my yard

most of them are starving and frantic and erratic from lack of food. I feel bad and end of feeding them. Then they stay. Then I feel worse when the wether gets bad. I have paid to have them get shots and tested. I have paid to have them boarded until I can find them a home. I have found most of the friendly ones homes.

Many of the cats are neutered or spayed. The vet tells me that some rescue groups do the trap and release and neuter them. Yes, they neuter or spay so they won't have more babies. But when they are released, they end of starving and unprepared for the elements and the cruelty of life on the streets. Especially, the ones who are discarded pets.

I have spent a lot of money on caring for them until I find them homes. What are your thoughts on the stray cat population? As soon as I find one a home, two more show up. What can be done?

Most I find a friendly and more then likely have been discarded house pets who are hungry and need a home. They are not really "feral".

Maybe when adopted all can be microchipped and if let go, their owners fined so the states can generate money to take care of them without euthanizing them.

I don't know what the answer is........your thoughts.

Update: August 25, 2014.
Thanks all - I called so many shelters but they all are filled so they have long waiting lists and ask that you take the pets in to foster them. I have three pets so can't. They were rescues. I bring them to vet though and find them homes. Its so sad. If I call animal control, they euthanize them. So I will try my best for them. But I agree, there has to be some type of legislation. It's too easy for people to just leave the pets outside and run off.

Pets / 3 days ago Back To Top

Can dogs cry?.......

- POP'd by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

What do you think of a man crying?

Ladies what do you think when you see a man cry? Men how often do you cry and how do you feel about it? What brings you to tears?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental

1