GIVE ADVICE ON PETS

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Pets / 1 day ago Back To Top

Any cat experts in here..

I got her from a shelter 1 1/2 months ago. she is exremely sweet and likes to sit on my lap and sleep on top of my chest. She wants to be next to me all the time.

She is lonely. she wants to play all the time. I don't have time to play with her every morning and when I get home. She needs a play mate-companion.

I am getting another cat this Sunday. He is male and the same age and even the same color as my cat. The owner of this male says he is friendly with everyone that comes to the house but he too is lonely and she feels bad for him. She can't keep him as she is getting married and her boyfriend does not want cats.

Neither of these cats have lived with another cat. So I am wondering if I am doing the right thing.

How do I know he will be a good match for my female cat. I have heard female cats are tough with other cats.

If she has already claimed me as her mom and loves me, will she accept another cat sitting on my lap or sleeping on my bed? I do not know how she will react. Plus, how do I give both of them the same love and attention without any of them getting jealous?

I know how to socialize them and am taking the weekend plus 2 extra days to make sure they are well socialized.

I have already told the lady with the male cat that I will take him back to her within one week if it does not work out.

By the way...she named him Macho..I don't like that name. How can I change his name if I decide to keep him..:)

Can anyone give me some advice.

- Asked by cinderella2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Pets / 2 days ago Back To Top

okay, this is weird. My neighbors are taking my cat & keeping it inside. My cat is old, 19, & they

keep it in their house when I'm gone. They claim they have a cat door & cat keeps coming in & "staying". Their son is about 16 & very strange (I think it is him). The mom has brought my cat home a few times but my cat is ill with thyroid problem & needs meds & they keep him & he is very thin. I am single & have two other kitties. This is very weird, I don't know what to do, I've never run across this problem before? I want my cat back!

Pets / 2 days ago Back To Top

What do you think of backyard breeders? Have you ever bred dogs?

A family member(sibling) recently adopted(bought) a purebred puppy. She says they plan not to neuter him because they are thinking of breeding him. As far as I know they have no experience in this except for maybe their cat getting pregnant repeatedly by strays in their neighborhood. They would never fork out the money to fix any animals against my advice. They don't have the best track record with the cats or dogs they've owned in the past(training wise, getting loose hit by car(accidental but had forewarning of the problem), have young children who aren't gentle to say the least(injured kittens). I've had my three elderly pets for the whole of their lives but they've been though quite a few animals through the years. Think she's considering it with making money in mind. I don't think it's a good idea but not my place to tell her what to do because she'll just get mad and not care regardless.

Pets / 2 days ago Back To Top

So male cats spray and female dogs bleed from what I hear...

All my life I had pets but always had female cats and male dogs. We've always spayed or neutered our animals. So as far as owning each of the other I have no experience other than minimal hearsay for the opposites. How do you deal with those things when you own the opposing genders? Is it hard? I'm curious and wondering why I'm so sexist with animals- haha

Which do you prefer when looking to adopt?

1