GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 1 hour ago Back To Top

Spouse is very angry at me and is not speaking to me...

I texted him that he owed me money since I cashed a lottery ticket for him and he promised me a cut, he had assumed there would be no tax withholding. I gave him a check less my cut bcuz he needed the money right away. Come to find out that the amount I gave him and the amount I will get from the ticket turned out to be the same. He was so pissed off that I said he owed me money. He said were husband and wife why would I say that. I said he made a deal with me and all of a sudden I need to forget about it. In the end I told him to forget about anything he owed me, but he's still pissed off at me. He also hurt my feelings by saying "you are not who I thought you are bcuz of this and this is not what I want." Wtf? Now I'm pissed too. We haven't spoken for 3 days. Am I wrong to say he owed me money? Is he being too critical??

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles
Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Should I choose my son or my dog when given an ultimatum by my girlfriend?

I have a 2 year old dog who was housetrained but now in our new place is having accidents constantly and now I am having to consider retraining him all over again, my girlfriend is fed up and we just had a baby 3 months ago and she said either the dog goes or her and the baby do. I don't know if I should be staying with someone like this or if I am supposed to just get rid of the dog for the sake of the relationship?

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

A friend in need is a friend indeed

My friend shocked me yesterday whenever he confided to me that his marriage was in trouble. He told me his wife is rarely around and when she is they just fight and that he feel out of love with her. To be honest he talks about getting other girls more than his wife.

Should I tell him to move on?

Update: February 27, 2015.
I don't know his wife at all, never met her. She sounds a bit immature for her age but that's all I gather. If I had to wager I'd say that he is the real problem in their marriage. He tends to be a bit annoying, whiny, unsure at times and spoiled. I know he's bought several things in the last few months that he'll probably never use much like a kayak and exercise equipment. They neither have kids so that's good. I think he'd cheat quickly given the opportunity. I've told him about my experiences with divorce and said it was the best thing I've ever done with my first wife. He does have some assets and I'd guess around $200k in savings and retirement funds so not sure he's willing to risk that for a divorce.

- Asked by sportsnut7875, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Technical
Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

Is it tacky for this to be hanging in our living room?

So my husband's daughter drew this crayon picture when she was like 5 years old of a castle and a dragon and a princess, etc. She is now 17. This picture is in a 16" x 20" frame in our living room and has been since we moved in 1 1/2 years ago. It was also in the living room of our old place. She has not had anything to do with him since last summer and does not return any texts or calls from him. He wanted to put it up so she knew we were thinking about her when she used to visit, however I think she could have cared less about it.

I think it is just so tacky to have this hanging in a frame and displayed prominently in our living room. It is more of a drawing you hang on the fridge when the child does it for you...not something you frame and hang up 12 years later! If he wants to put it in our bedroom or the computer room I wouldn't mind, but I still would think it's tacky to have it up. It's not like she was a phenomenal artist at 5 years old, it is just how most 5 year olds draw. He says that he loves it because it tells a story. Don't all kids drawings supposedly tell a story??

Do I tell him to take it down? If so, how can I do it so I don't sound like a jerk for asking?

Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

Should it be ok for a man to meet a woman on a flight & exchange numbers?

My fiancée met a woman on a flight and struck up a conversation with her. At the end of the flight they somehow exchanges numbers because I saw he called a woman on his phone on Saturday night. I asked who she was and he told me she was just domeone he met and he wanted her to give him info on a bar location that night. It was his work phone. This is the first I heard of her. He told me he doesn't talk to her but only linked up through LinkedIn for professional reasons. Fast forward 6 months, I notice a text from this same woman on his lock screen on his phone. She is empathic ing with him about his car repairs and congratulating him on his upcoming personal vacation to Brazil (which I was accompanying him). She also goes on on how she's doing fine blah blah. Doesn't look professional to me. Why does she know his / our personal travel plans? By the way there's no mention of me. He thinks in out of line with being concerned about this mystery woman. Mind you I only know she exists because I saw his phone. Is this reasonable? we share a phone line and he gave her his work number /cell.

Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

Ilove a woman,she does not know.Should I tell her.

We are both in our 50s.We are both married to other people. I have loved this gal for over 25 yrs. without letting on about my feelings.We have crossed paths many times over the years.I would leave my current wife in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity to explore if she had any like feelings for me.

- Asked by richardmaintenance88, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65
Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

So, what's your Love Language?

According to the book by Gary Chapman called The Five Love Languages, there are five:

Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Receiving Gifts
Quality Time
Physical Touch

What is yours and what do you think your SOs love language is? Why?

- Asked by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting

1