GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 18 hours ago Back To Top

Woman asking my man for money...

I guess they're old friends. I found a text where she's asking if he "can help" and send
her money. He proceeded to send the money. I don't know her nor have I ever heard of her. She appears to have been a student at a university he attended as well some years ago after a quick google search. He's engaged to me. He says she's a friend who was in a bind. Umm..should he be giving this woman money?

Married Life / 19 hours ago Back To Top

Why do women still marry a person even though she knows and see's he has some bad points or things h

Why do women still marry a person even though she knows and see's he has some bad points or things he needs to change or he has some flaws about them?

- Asked by leonabanks, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Was this a mean thing to say?

When I am honest with my husband, he often claims I am mean. I think it's a defense mechanism but I thought I would ask here. I walk on eggshells with this difficult man and he often tells me I have to be honest with him, tell him the truth then when I do, he criticizes it.

We have been on the verge of divorce for years. We met online, married quickly and it's been very rough. Months ago, I finally told him I am not attracted to him. He was floored and hurt. It was hard to say and I was crying. I did NOT say I never really have been. We married within 5 months of meeting and it was a LDR. It wasn't until we were married and living together that I realized we have no chemistry together. There is no spark. At the time I told him I am not attracted to him, he didn't say I was mean. Recently he said that was very mean and when I asked how I should have said it, he said something like, "This just isn't working for me, I need to go and figure things out, it's not you, it's me." Huh? My husband is a computer engineer and is very blunt and truly can be mean. And, he argues everything. Had I said the above statement, he would have parsed it out, he would not have accepted it as is. 13 years into a marriage and he's to just say okay?

Anyway, was I mean? I was careful to say that I wasn't saying he's not attractive and that there are things I find attractive about him but that there's no chemistry, no attraction. I do realize that his perspective is skewed being an engineer and probably mildly, high-functioning Asperger's but I wonder if the general Answerology populace would think it was mean to say that.

- Asked by beadcrazy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

1