GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 Next
Married Life / 3 hours ago Back To Top

My gf has been very secretive especially lately. Tons of things making me paranoid. Should I be?

I know she talks to guys while she works, and her jon has thier own "Jabber" where they can talk like facebook messenger. She deletes texts, deliberately doesnt program peoples phone numbers (like ex husbands) in her phone, and has a secret email address I just found. Her facebook account everything is hidden from me, except mutual friends. She tells me she wants to have sex when she comes home after work, stays and extra hour and a half longer at work claiming working late, than says she started her period while at work. She hides her phone, keeps it in the other room, gets up every 15 min to check on it, and never stays in the same room for the call or texts, and keeps her phone on silent.

I've already confronted her multiple times on ALL of this and she only says, "im not seeing anyone." Seriously I need some advice...

- Asked by A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Self-Employed
Married Life / 5 hours ago Back To Top

Long distance relationship-he didn't visit me, went to some board game convention instead, ok or no?

I have 3 weeks of vacation, all of which are being spent on seeing him (or are related to him in some fashion-- I'm job-hunting in his area and neighboring cities that we are considering moving to, plus I'll be spending one of my weeks of vacation moving to his city. Basically all of my vacation is going for interviews or moving to HIS city). On the other hand, he just went to a board game convention using part of his vacation (he gets 4 weeks). I don't mind the convention in and of itself, I just resent the fact that I am spending all my vacation on activities related to him, and he isn't doing the same for me! This is our third and hopefully final year of long distance, and we both have limited vacation time as it is. We talk almost everyday regardless, but we only see each other 3-4 times a year.

I am not one of those wives who would restrict her husband's activities-- heck, I wouldn't mind if he went alone while we were living together. But the fact that we only have one more year together, and he's wasting our limited time (while we're newlyweds, I might add) on some stupid convention makes me feel very unimportant.

SHouldn't he have waited until next year to go to the convention-- then each of our moments won't be so precious since we'll be living together all of the time??!

Married Life / 6 hours ago Back To Top

If a married couple leaves Georgia and get a divorce, are they still brother and sister?

- POP'd by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco

A brother and sister in GA got arrested for incest.

They just got out of a trailer by the church and the cops where looking for somebody and found them instead. They got arrested and had there mug shot all over AOL. Do you think incest should be a crime when there consenting adults?

Update: August 28, 2014.
There also being charged with aggravated sodomy that means with force and against the other person will I don't think that happen in this case...

Update: August 28, 2014.
I know the Bible answer but they say the state separated from the Bible. I just read this on AOL.

Update: August 28, 2014.
Yes well in the statue of law its a felony...

Update: August 28, 2014.
They got the idea from watching the notebook.

- Asked by twilightzone85, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Milwaukee, Food Service
Married Life / 11 hours ago Back To Top

Husband never wants to talk on the phone when we're apart.

So I'm not one who wants to be on the phone with my husband 5 times a day or anything like some people. He hates talking on the phone so I get it, BUT I hate the fact that if we haven't spoken for a few days if I'm gone visiting my family or even when we were long distance that if I call him more than three times a week he pitches a fit. He says "I just talked to you 2 nights ago and there's nothing new to talk about". It makes me feel bad that he doesn't want to talk and that he doesn't try and call me.

When my sister and her husband are apart they talk EVERY night via Skype. When I'm visiting my mom, every morning she'll ask "So did you talk to John last night?" and if I say no then she finds it very odd that we don't talk every night.

Is it odd that we don't speak every night when we're apart? I know 99% of guys hate making chit chat on the phone, but still!

Married Life / 17 hours ago Back To Top

My wife wants to slap me.

My wife keeps an electronic diary on her computer. I know that I shouldn't have done it, but she accidentally left it open one day and I read it. She said sometimes she gets so mad at me that she wants to slap the taste out of my mouth.

I had no idea that I was frustrating my wife. I believe we have a happy marriage. Should I ask her about this, or should I just let it go?

Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

It's only two months out til my wedding day and I'm feeling so scared and anxious...help!

I have been with him for 4 years and hasn't been the smoothest of relationships, I've always wanted to get married but he has always delayed things, so I should be happy as it is now only two months before my wedding day I should be so excited but all I feel is physically sick at the thought of marrying him. it's because we are fighting more then usual we can't even have a conversation without getting into an argument. Our arguments have mainly been about his poor management of his finances and his refusal to let me help him. This has been an ongoing topic of our arguments since the beginning. But were fighting more and more about everything now. I've always told him that unless he comes clean and shows me all his bank debts I won't marry him. He finally came clean with me about it last night after family intervention that I had to resort to in order to get him to open up and showed me all his bank credit card debts. Nothing surprised me which is good. I'm not worried about the money I will help him pay it back, I'm very good with money management so it's not what I'm scared about. It's just that I feel totally emotionally exhausted that I had to ask and beg for him to open up about this for so long and now only two months before the wedding he did it but i don't feel happy or looking forward to marrying him anymore. I probably shouldn't mention this cause I don't want to distort people's opinions cause he really isn't a bad guy but during an argument today he told me that I will one day drive him to give me a black eye, later he rang back to say he spoke out of anger and he would never hurt me. I believe him but I can't get past this feeling in my stomach to run away and not marry him. My family and him were preparing the wedding invitations to hand out and I was sitting there my stomach in knots wishing I could jump out of the closet window. I'm so stressed I don't want to make a decision I will regret it's causing me so much anxiety and time is ticking away the day is coming closer! I'm praying so hard to make the right decision.

- Asked by pepos1234, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Melbourne, Consulting
Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

What would it take for you to move to another state when you retire?

- Asked by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

If you won a couple dozen million in the lottery would you divorce your spouse?

Married Life / 2 days ago Back To Top

should i separate from my wife?

i have been married for 7 years but recently our relationship has been going downhill up to the point where we are bot considering separation, only we have a two-year old daughter. i'm in desperate need of advice, we love each other but communication has broken down completely and we have not had sex for a year and a half... plus she is very explosive and can be very rude and i on the other hand am sweet and become silent in a fight, so things just keep moving in a virtuous circle... i started therapy, i'm taking antidepressants, but i had to buy me a bottle of gin today to drink because i can't stand the pain i feel. i don't know if separation is the best option... i'd be willing to give her a good pension (sometimes i think i am more worried about how she will fare if i live her than with my own life, i even considered calling her ex to know if he'd be willing to get back with her because i am so worried how she will fare without me, since he's is financially well off and they seem to understand each other better, not to mention my daughter). i've tried to make it work but i don't want to reach the point were we are doing more harm than good to one another. please help!!!

- Asked by sliderx, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Sao Paulo, Other Profession
Married Life / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do any other guys with in a happy marriage get their bare butt paddled once in a while----or only me

Its a great marriage the bare paddling is totally consenting----It is rare but it happens and my butt hurts but things are great between us again--I sure got it coming when it has to be done--thanks

- POP'd by fordpky, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

Two and half men...which seasons are your favorite?

Which one you liked more..with Charlie sheen or Ashton kucher? My favorite is seasons with Charlie sheen in it..

- Asked by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

1 2 Next