GIVE ADVICE ON MARRIED LIFE

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Married Life / 6 hours ago Back To Top

My husband has complimented me in front of others with,

"You are so sexy". I find it creepy. Is it?
It makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel manipulated somehow, the fact that it is done in front of others. Almost as if he is doing it more for the reaction of others around him. I don't know what to say. I feel embarrassed. I find it inappropriate. Is it just me? Sometimes he helps me with my coat and he is not even looking at me, he is looking at the reaction of those around him. He almost pulled my top off one day at a party because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Update: July 28, 2014.
I agree I should probably tell him to not do it in front of others. His feelings get hurt really easily and he gets upset when I try to work on issues with him so I hate doing it and I wanted to make sure I wasn't way out of line and nuts with my request. He gets upset with any sort of confrontation. For example, if he points out a pair of shoes he thinks I would look good in and I don't like them he gets upset. I just need to be more assertive and not let his reaction bother me.

Update: July 28, 2014.
Thanks for your input! Yes, I am very shy, socially awkward, and private. He is the exact opposite. I never seem to have anything to say, so I feel speechless and put on the spot. Then I feel like a jerk when I can't say anything. He is someone that seeks attention constantly. He is loud and quickwitted. He does however need a lot of reassurance and I pump up his ego behind the scenes. Even though he is this huge personality he has a lot of insecurities and needs to hear how great he is all the time. On the other hand, I am invisible. I am the person that stands by the buffet and eats everything. So when he tells my I am sexy in front of a bunch of people, I just feel mortified. I guess I am the creepy person in the relationship!

Diet & Health, Family & Parenting, Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

Should I tell my wife?

I went to my doctor a couple of weeks ago and had a complete physical, then an MRI. This week the results from my lab work came back and it wasn't good.

My doctor called me back to his office and told me that I am very sick and that at best, I only have about six months to live. Needless to say, I was in shock; completely devastated. Radiation and chemo might buy me another six months but my quality of life would be bad.

So, I told him that I didn't want to undergo the treatments that I would rather live my life the best I can with the time I have left.

My question is, do I have a responsibility to tell my wife, or do I spare her the worry, the fear and heartache, as well as the grief it would cause our kids? Or should I not tell her, make the most out of the time we have left together?

I know if I tell her, she would insist that I take any treatments possible in hopes of a miracle. But in good conscience I couldn't do that because of the incredible financial expense. Especially, since it will not provide a cure, only prolong my time by a few months.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Update: July 27, 2014.
Thank you to all who responded.

- Asked by A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Celebrity
Married Life / 1 day ago Back To Top

So my husband and I have been together

for a year he didn't acknowledge our 1 year anniversary. He even started a fight when he came home from work then later apologized. After I said something about it being our anniversary I didn't even get a happy anniversary he did however a few days ago didn't want to wait so he gave me a card and a picture frame but now that it's the day it's like nothing I feel let down do I have a reason to be upset? I feel like we could have done something to make me feel special or loved

1