GIVE ADVICE ON HOUSE & HOME

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
House & Home / 1 hour ago Back To Top

When you have a party, how will the food be served? Buffet or sit down?

Also, do you make sure you have a good mix of handheld foods?

- Asked by kismet331, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
House & Home / 10 hours ago Back To Top

Could you live in under 300 square feet and if not what is the smallest tiny house you could live in

- Asked by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
House & Home / 17 hours ago Back To Top

Do fillable Paint Rolls really work? The kind you fill up with paint to do the walls.

Have you ever painted a room using those refillable paint rolls? It's sold as a hollow roll you fill with paint, then attach it to a long stick and paint the walls.

It looks so easy, but I wonder if it actually comes out decent.

Any advice you could give would be Gretzky appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: July 31, 2014.
You fill the hollow part with paint, put a cap on to close it in, and the paint actually seeps through the roll. No paint pan required. It looks great, no more constantly dipping into the paint pan, I just wonder if it really works!

- Asked by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

Chimney crumbling .

Anyone ever have their chimney replaced or fixed? I'm assuming I need a mason to come fix it. I don't know. I know nothing about this kind of stuff.

I did find one dude on Homeadvisory.com and when I spoke to him he was like something about rebuilding it from the ground up. my chimney is in the middle of my house. That would be an enormous project that I don't want to deal with and I don't have the money for. I mentioned about maybe putting the chimney on the outside wall - instead of having it in the house and he was like -you can't do that. I'm afraid that because I'm a woman that he's going to try and take advantage of me and rip me off. Clearly I'm going to be getting quotes from a number of people - I just need to know what kind of people to call.

A lady I worked with mentioned for me to get a power vent instead of a chimney - which would probably work well. But again not sure how much that would cost.

Basically I'm looking for the cheapest way to solve this issue, whether it's temporary or not. As long as I can get through this winter and save money I'll deal with it in the spring.

Has anyone ever had to have their chimney fixed/replaced? Do you know how much that would cost? How about a power vent - wonder if that would work for me.

Sometimes I really hate owning my own home.

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

Who has the rights over my daughters ashes.

My daughter died 7 years ago and my grand daughter wants her mothers ashes but my daughter is keeping them from her.

- Asked by susanvoyage95, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65
House & Home / 2 days ago Back To Top

How do you replace worn off letters on the keyboard of your laptop or PC?

House & Home / 2 days ago Back To Top

How do I clean my computer screen?

How do I clean my computer screen? It's dusty.

- Asked by itsbeenalongtime, A Player, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?
House & Home / 2 days ago Back To Top

DIY: FISH BOWL TERRARIUM

Okay, I am really wanting to make a few, however I am looking for a certain type of vase and don't know what they are called. It's like a fish bowl, but with a bullet vase top.

Second question is for my green thumb buddies. What type of plants do well with little sunlight or are okay with artificial sunlight. I want to be able to put on in my kitchen (it's an apartment) and there is only artificial light. I would also want one in my bedroom where (I think) there is two windows (might be just one). I was hoping to use a large bowl so it would be several plants in one.

- Asked by Pearl72594, A Thinker, Female, 18-21

1