GIVE ADVICE ON HOUSE & HOME

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
House & Home / 16 hours ago Back To Top

Some car is blocking 1/4 of my driveway

A car is blocking a quarter of my driveway and it has been there for over 3 hours. Should I call to have him towed? It is really hard to get in and out. It is a nice car but body damage in 2 places (doesn't surprise me).

I'm just afraid of retribution.

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Administrative
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

A masonry worker who had fixed my steps last year, would repair the last step--where the cement has

cracked from the snow and salt that had been on it from winter. He did it for a price and wants to fix the last step for more than half of what it cost to do it all. He's taking me for a ride, isn't he? He doesn't know I still have his bill from last year.

Update: May 03, 2015.
I don't think this guy remembered what he charged me last year. I didn't mention that he would do the same thing (the entire steps) for more than 3x what he had charged last year. He would fix the one step for more than half of what he actually charged. I agree with ozzycat, although I know that maybe the foundation has something to do with it, as I do get water in my basement (in one corner) and that is around where the steps are over. Having a home can be a pain.

- Asked by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching
House & Home / 3 days ago Back To Top

Is having can you have a house warming get together but not have it at your house?

I want to have a house warming get together but my place is not quite ready yet to show off would be okay to have it at another place? Would it be wrong?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Chicago

1