GIVE ADVICE ON HOUSE & HOME

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
House & Home / 19 hours ago Back To Top

What things do you keep by your door?

- Asked by morningdust, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you think that you should be a U.S. citizen to buy real estate in the U.S.

Reason for my question is what is taking place in the San Francisco bay area & its severely affecting rentals as well. FYI some countries such as Switzerland only allow its citizens to own real estate.

So here's what's taking place in San Francisco:
* Homes for sale are receiving multiple offers such as a home last week that received 56 offers.
* Bidding wars are taking place where every offer is over asking price.
* A home recently sold for over $1 million over asking price [listed $2.9 million & sold $4.1 million].
* Some town homes are selling for $1 million now & a 2-bedroom, 1-bath 1100SF in Menlo Park just sold for $1.7 million.

The largest percentage of buyers is by far Chinese [approx.60%] with many being Chinese nationals who are not citizens, followed by Indians [California allows 60,000 workers per year from India to work here mostly in the hi-tech industry - ie: Silicon Valley].

Many of the properties are 2nd homes & others are bought to rent out. Rental prices are showing double digit increases yearly and are pushing young people out of the area [my niece & BF just moved to Austin, Tx]. My son & his GF just rented a tiny 1-bedroom for $2200 mo. and they looked for weeks. Houses to rent are non-existent & start at around $3500 mo.

So what is the answer when young people who grew up here cannot afford rents any more let alone have any hope of buying a cheap condo [$400,000+ will get you a so-so 1-bedroom condo].

Thoughts?

- Asked by hsfbfan, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Other Profession
House & Home / 1 day ago Back To Top

What percentage of house work do you do?

Do you and your significant other share house work? Would percentage do you do/they do?
Do you believe it should be 50/50?
Do you think that the person who pays the bills should be excluded from home chores?

- Asked by sambotch, A Thinker, Female, 22-25
House & Home / 2 days ago Back To Top

Is there such a thing as "Yankee feng shui"?

(In my innocence) What does it entail ...?

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering
House & Home / 2 days ago Back To Top

I need a new exterior door and will need to have it installed.

They do installation work where I plan on purchasing the door, but it is rather pricey.

Any suggestions on saving money to have the door installed. I don't have friends or family that do handy work.

Thank you.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?
House & Home / 3 days ago Back To Top

See you later alligators...off to that trip now. First to Bangor, Maine or anywhere near there...

and then to Nova Scotia. A little tedious trip but it's gotta be done. I'm tired already!

- Asked by amy1022, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Teaching

1