GIVE ADVICE ON FRIENDSHIP

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Friendship / 4 hours ago Back To Top

Would you think of someone differently if you found out that they were suffering from depression?

There's a guy in my college course who is quite socially awkward and doesn't go out much or talk to many people.

He often gets a lot of taunting because of it. I don't do this to him, but most of the classmates, guys and girls say it's just banter and "joking around".

One time he made a mistake in one of the labs, so he ended up getting a lot of taunting. He then says "Yeah this is probably why I'm on anti-depressants".

There was just then dead silence from the room.

What do you make of this?

Friendship / 14 hours ago Back To Top

When someone does something unexpected and sweet?

This is for the ladies. Say a plutonic artist friend you got into an argument with and stopped talking to out of the blue sent you a fanciful, but accurate sculpture of yourself (something similar to what you'd talked about doing before all communication stopped) out of the blue a month or two later. How would you respond?

Update: July 23, 2014.
If the artist friend was a talented sculptor the sculpture be a high quality hand crafted gift.

Friendship / 20 hours ago Back To Top

Has anyone ever had to deal with this?

Last night one of my very close friends was very depressed and she wanted to kill herself have any of you ever had to deal with this? How did you handle it and what kind of help did you get for that person? Did it work? Shes kinda stubborn and thinks shes beyond help I told her that no one is beyond help and her almost two year old son needs her the most out of anyone but I dont know what else to say or do to help her.

Update: July 22, 2014.
Now I'm not making excuses for her but I don't think its clinical depression or bipolar disorder. I talked to her this morning and she seemed to have been a lot better and to me it seems that any person who would publicly state that they were going to do that to themselves wouldn't have the nerve to do it at all. I was told to hold off on the suicidal hotline number until her son's babysitter figured out if there was another way to help her but I have the numbers handy if I need them.

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

A triple birthday celebration as 7/22 is Irishred, Proudmom88 & Pinkskittles' special day!

Aloha Friends we have a triple birthday celebration as today, Tuesday July 22nd is Irishred, Proudmom88 and Pinkskittles' birthday! I've got 3 birthday cakes and candles, now do you have the party hats and noisemakers to get this party started? They have all been MIA, so let's wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes!

- Asked by hulagirl55, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Catching up with an old friend?

It started out as that, but I don't know what to think of what is going on now. He made contact with me out of the clear blue sky and we've been talking and catching up since then. He's always liked me and that normally wouldn't be a problem, but he has a girlfriend... They've been dating for almost two years now, and from what I know, it's been a pretty rough two years. He told me they were doing very well now though, but I'm not sure if I entirely believe him. He called me last night and we talked on the phone for five hours. Almost all he did was tell me about how he's always liked me and is so upset we didn't date in high school. He's always been a good friend to me and is such a sweet guy, and I've always liked him too. I'm just not sure how to feel about all of this. Can anyone offer any advice? I feel like such a terrible person...

Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

How do I become more relaxed when out with friends and less anxious to just come home and veg out?

I like going out with friends and family, yes, but, sometimes if I'm on an overnight trip or out late with family & friends all I think about towards the end is coming home and vegging out. Do you ever experience this? How can I relax when I am still with them and stop thinking of everything I want to do when I come home?

- Asked by hoppyish, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, New York, Law Enforcement
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Hey Friends, two of our faves' birthdays are here as 7/21 is Frenchkiss49 & Italiangypsy's birthday!

It's time for more birthday cakes as today, Monday, July 21st is Frenchkiss49 and Italiangypsy's birthdays! I've got two birthday cakes and candles, now are we ready to get this party started by singing Happy Birthday to these lovely ladies? Let's wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes! Happy Birthday Girls!

Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Its July 21st let all say HAPPY BRITHDAY TO FRENCHKISS49 AND LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND FRENCHKISS49 MAY GOD MAKE ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE. THIS IS GOING TO A BETTER YEAR FOR YOU AMEN!!!

- Asked by ozzycat19, A Thinker, Female, 46-55
Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

More July birthdays as 7/20 is Wudaddy & Cocolover82's special day so let's sing Happy Birthday!

Aloha Friends we have more July birthdays as today, Sunday, July 20th is Wudaddy and Cocolover82's birthday! I've got two birthday cakes and candles, so do you have your party hats and noisemakers ready to wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes!

Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

Can I 'fix' this friendship or is it over?

One of my closest friends told me he is in love with me last month, but as much as I want to, I don't feel the same. He is a great person and I so wish I was in love with him too, but I'm not, so I was honest with him. But now he's shutting me out and it hurts. I made it clear that I want and value his friendship very much so I promised I wouldn't make it awkward, but he told me he can't be friends with me anymore and he's cut off contact with me.

I called, texted,emailed so many times but he says he is fine but he needs to be alone. I know it must be hard for him but I miss him so much. I miss talking to him and spending time with him. He's been such a great friend that I miss his company.

Will I ever get him back as a friend? Even yes, I feel that it may never be the same... Is there anything I can do? Help!

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

1