GIVE ADVICE ON FRIENDSHIP

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Hey Friends, it's birthday time again as today, 3/27 is Uberguber, Shancook07 & Milla's birthday!

Aloha Friends we have 3 more March birthdays as today, Friday, March 27th is Uberguber, Shancook07 and Milla's birthdays! I have 3 birthday cakes and candles to celebrate so are you all ready to sing Happy Birthday? Let's wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes! Happy Birthday Girls

- Asked by hulagirl55, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Well I feel stupid now.

I was a member of this writing critique group before I moved cities (2 hrs away) for a job. I'd signed up for a creative writing class, then when it finished, we all kept in touch and decided to continue on by ourselves. It was great- I wrote a couple of stories and got them critiqued at different times. More people joined, some people dropped out, it was fun. I didnt make it to every session but I tried to make it to most. We'd meet once every 2 weeks and would critique 2 members' stories in a 2 hr session, we'd take turns hosting. I remember getting delighted to hear the feedback, both constructive and positive on my stuff, and frustrated and slighted when a couple of members, both times, whose input I valued, didn't have 'the time' to read my story and therefore to give me feedback, but had all the time in the world to read the other person's story, while praising it. But I'd get the feedback eventually by email.

Anyway, some of the nice people dropped out, some people got cliquey, and some pretentious writers joined. I felt judgment from 1 pretentious guy, in particular. I also felt like they were cliquey since most of them, both men and women, were new parents, or had young kids at home, and then there's me, who' doesn't have kids (and, might I add, am quite relieved as I'm not ready yet- wayy too much I want to do this year. But we won't get into that ;) don't want anyone lecturing me on my biological clock). ANYWAY!

I eventually moved away and unfortunately had to miss out on the bi-weekly critique meetings. I'm still a part of the Facebook group, and after 5 months of disappearing, I decided to update them on what I'm up to by posting in the group tonight. I thought I'd tell them about my new job and where I'm living and why I haven't been at the meetings, and, more importatnly, about the new writing courses I've been taking, as I've branched off into doing something else with the genre that they praised me and my skills in, and on the fact that I've taken on a new challenge to write a screenplay for a festival. I'm pretty proud of myself, and excited, and scared, which I said in the post. I also asked if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for books or whatever, to let me know.

Lately people have been posting in the group about getting their writing published, which is awesome, and I always congratulate them in the comments. I'm not there yet, but I thought I'd share the new exciting things I'm doing with my writing. Anyway, I posted at 6:30PM, and now almost 5 hrs later...all I get is 2 "likes". No one even commented?! The leader of the group has written screenplays, I was sure he'd at least comment by saying "awesome lisa, good job!" or "congrats! I recommended this book: ___".

But none of that. 2 pity likes. God, I guess they really don't like me. Cause if they did, I'm sure they would've commented.

Now I feel like an absolute FOOL and an idiot for posting that, because their "silence" on facebook is basically screaming "WE DONT CARE!!" I thought they'd be interested in what i'm doing work-wise and writing-wise, but it's practically gone ignored. Now I'm embarrassed.

Thoughts?

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Do you think a woman has much room to talk...

...About her boyfriend living at home with his mom, when she is also living in the same home with that guy's mother?

- POP'd by Male, 36-45

Boyfriend immaturity question ..

I'm going to try and shorten this as much as possible. I'm 24 my boyfriend is 29. We went out this weekend and everytime I turned my back or talked to a girlfriend of mine my boyfriend was buying himself a shot. So I told him please stop taking so many shots (he was driving). He told me "ok fine". I went to the bathroom a few times and was talking with friends. At the end of the night he didnt look that bad so he drove me home. As we pulled into the driveway he said "the owner told me I shouldnt put you in the car because I'm too drunk to drive haha" .. so I said back "why would you tell me this now?!" That REALLY annoyed me as he could have killed me. He is one of those people thats hard to tell when they are drunk. I am 4 years younger than him and dont feel the need to drink like that.

To make it worse .. when we got home I made a sandwich for us to split. I told him I wanted to take my makeup off and get ready for bed so he yelled LOUD at 4am "GO DO IT THEN .. ill be up in a fwe minutes" (he lives with his mother) so I replied back "ok??". I washed my face and got in bed.

His mother slammed open his bedroom door that next morning and yelled "wheres john!". I had no idea what she was talking about. Long story short his mother found him laying on the kitchen floor sleeping .. passed out drunk.

His mother proceeded to yell at me that "i should watch him more when i go out with him to make sure he doesnt drink that much". Hes a 29 year old man. I can't hold his hand and babysit a grown man .. especially when hes taking shots when im not paying attention for two seconds. He is a "mamas boy" and his mom never blames either of her sons for anything. They both still live at home. I almost snapped and am still FURIOUS that she would yell at me of all people for the fact that her son was drunk. His brother actually stuck up for me and said "dont yell at her .. you know how john is .. hes a 29 year old man .. she cant control him every second of the night".

What would you do in this situation. I've just about had it. This is the same guy I posted about in the past. You can read more about him on those questions ..

Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Why is there always so much confusion between male and female friendships?

People say men and women can be just friends. Though, this is a nice concept, what I have experienced for myself as well as seen with many of my friends, this is not really the case. I think most of the time one or the other secretly wants more than friendship.

I have found through out my years of being single, that for me there are guys that I enjoyed hanging out with and being friends with though I had no romantic interest in them. I would assume this was mutual until the awkward day would come when I would find out they like me more than a friend. Then the friendship becomes weird and awkward. I end up feeling bad and sad because I rejected my friend in turn pretty much lossing a friend.

After a certain point of being friends with a guy he becomes like family to a lot of females, there's no coming back from that. It's almost crushing to learn this seemingly great friend that you enjoy hanging out with and talking to likes you more than you thought or even hoped.

I have learned that men keep women friend's as potential future dating interest, they assume we do too. Though, most of us don't, after a certain time lapse a guy friend becomes family zoned. I try to be really careful about not leading anyone on, so now I pay close attention and I'm hesitant about spending time talking to or hanging out with guys as a friend if there is no chance of a mutural attraction. Which sucks because I really like hanging out with guys more than females.

- Asked by blindshe, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Hey Friends another March birthday as 3/26 is Ddegon's birthday so let's get this party started!

Aloha Friends, there's alot of March birthdays as today, Thursday, March 26th is Ddegon's birthday! I've got a chocolate birthday cake with candles ready to sing Happy Birthday! So who is bringing the noisemakers and party hats? Let's all wish her a Happy Birthday when you see her or pm her with special birthday wishes!

Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

If you called a friend for over 2 months and they never responded

would you assume something had happen to them? or that maybe they were mad at you?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

What's a good way to make new friends in your 30's?

I recently moved to a different state, but use to live here several years ago. Now I'm an adult. I am interested in making friendships with women only, & within the age range of 30-45. I have found that I have in the past made friendships with women 55 & over, (still unsure if its because these women looked much younger or if because I lost my mother as a child) so I'm interested in friendships closer to my age group. My two good friends who are my age, live in NY. Before anyone says it shouldnt be hard to meet people in Chicago, I dont reside in Chicago. I'm in the suburbs, just an hour away from Chicago. Suggestions please??

Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

Another oldtimer's birthday is 3/25 -Honeywillowsback so let's all wish her a Happy birthday!

Aloha Friends, today, Wednesday, March 25th is another dear friend's birthday, Honeywillowsback! I've got the birthday cake and candles, now do you have the party hats and noisemakers to get this party started? Let's all wish her a Happy Birthday when you see her or pm her with special birthday wishes!

1