GIVE ADVICE ON FRIENDSHIP

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 Next
Friendship / 1 hour ago Back To Top

How have you secured your status in Answerology Hall of Fame?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Friendship / 13 hours ago Back To Top

How should I deal with this

I have a friend who has been acting really weird lately. A couple of weeks ago I invited her to lunch and she said no but thanked me for inviting her. Today I texted her and asked her a question about a class that we are both in and she never responded. To top it off, I created a brand new Facebook page ( because I had an ex who wouldn't leave me alone) and I requested her and she denied my request. I'm not sure what I could have done to **** her off, I've always tried to be there for her when she needed someone. I know she's having a hard time in her personal and professional life. What should I do this really hurts me.

- Asked by sunnygirl876, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28
Friendship / 22 hours ago Back To Top

I don't know how to make friends.

I'm in college and am unsure on how to make friends. I have inherited all my high school friends from other people and my sister.

Now that I am in college I have no idea how to make good friends. I'm quite shy and like things most people might not care for. How do I make friends when I have no idea what common ground we have?

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

It's birthday time again as 8/27 is Rantingmadman, Delicious, and Sarahot46's birthdays!

Hey Friends, it's a triple birthday celebration as today, Wednesday, August 27th is Rantingmadman, Delicious and Sarahot46's birthdays! I've got three birthday cakes and candles, now are you ready to sing Happy Birthday? Let's all wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes!

- Asked by hulagirl55, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Hi everyone, it's been 12 weeks since i quit smoking...

Who here still smokes?????I quit smoking 12 weeks ago & i actually thought it would be hard.. I smoked for a long time....It was easier than i thought..:-)

- Asked by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

i made things weird with a girl i like, is it better to leave her alone or should i talk to her?

she leaves on friday for college so i wont see her again for a while and everything i say to her only seems to make things worse. i still think she sees us as friends but i want to make sure things are ok with her before she leaves.so should i talk to her or not, and if i should what should i say?

- Asked by aguwah, A Guy Critical, Male, 18-21
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Water seeks it's own level. This means you ARE the people you choose to associate with in some form

or fashion. OR you are using them to make yourself feel superior. You can't have it both ways. People in helping professions have a different roll with the less fortunate but we generally have a very different set of personal associates and friends.

People outgrow and out pace people they once might have hung out with. I know people I went to college with that were drug users and alcoholics. I wouldn't have an association with these people now. I wouldn't be hanging out with women who can't seem to keep their legs together once they have a couple of drinks. I wouldn't be hanging out with people who were fired chronically for employment failings.

So what are your own deal breakers. Where is the line. What do your friends look like on paper?

- POP'd by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

10 years later and it doesn't seem

much has changed with this old friend Help advice pls I stumbled across a girls resume online to whom I use to be like best friends with. I work for a big company and I am the manager at one of the locations. I emailed her that I would forward her resume to the hiring manager at another location for review. She recognized my name and job title as I have been at the same job for the last ten years. She and I ended up speaking on the phone and exchanged phone numbers. During the course of our catch up conversation she shared that her baby she was pregnant with when we graduated high school together was now 10 years old and that she had just gave birth exactly 2 years ago last week to another child to whom she doesn't know who the father is. She still works a low wage job she whined about how she could barely pay her $90 a month rent and how her paychecks were only $189 bi-weekly. In my mind I was saying WOW this is where I watched you start 10 years ago what have you done. I felt kind of bad speaking of how my career has progressed I was engaged with two children and in the process of buying a house. I didn't want to seem like I were gloating or anything though I am proud of myself. After a few days of conversations she talked about how she has tested numerous of men and can't figure out who her sons dad was.She even shared that she got convicted of having possession with the intent to distribute cocaine charge. I missed her sons second birthday party due to a mix up in the dates I did ship her a gift for her son but really feel like I have interest in being friends with her once again. I don't want to judge her based on what she has told me but that again I enjoy progressing and working very hard to make a better life for myself and family. It seems that she constantly wines and complains we lost touch years ago it didn't end badly or anything but I think she is getting my drift as she hasn't called me hardly since I missed her sons party she has texted though.

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Administrative
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

So when was the last time you broke a promise?

Do you always keep your promises?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami
Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

If you haven't heard from a friend in a while...

And you had made effort in the past to initiate plans, would you just leave it, assuming that she doesn't want to be friends with you for whatever reason?
Or would you call the person up and ask them what's up?

Do you think it's pathetic to do that? As in, "read between the lines, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore"?

I have a friend, we weren't super close, but we'd hang out and have lots of fun together, and she'd always say that she never initiates plans with friends, and that her other friends outside of work have thought that something's wrong with the friendship when there wasn't.

But in my case, I had actually texted her regarding some plans we'd talked about. She also said she hated texting. It's just bizarre. How some people act sometimes.

Anyway, even if I call her, it's not like she'd necessarily tell me the truth.

What do y'all think? Think it's pathetic to call a friend up and ask if anything's wrong or if there was a miscommunication bc you hadn't heard form them? Ever done that before?

Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

Hey Friends it's a triple birthday as today 8/25 is Loveangel, Nationalguardwife & Karlkruger's Day!

We have a triple birthday to celebrate as our friends have been MIA! Let's give a shout out to Loveangel, Nationalguardwife and Karlkruger as today, Monday, August 25th is their birthdays! I've got three birthday cakes and candles, now who wants to start to sing Happy Birthday? Let's all wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes!

1 2 Next