GIVE ADVICE ON FRIENDSHIP

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Friendship / 1 hour ago Back To Top

I'm dieting. Long story short, I told my best friend I have lost 93 pounds...

and she said, " it doesn't look it, your belly is still big". She is 93 years old. I am 42. I stopped visiting her after that night..I used to go over to her apartment every night and watch t with her and keep her company but I was so hurt when she made that comment, I just stopped visiting her and stopped calling her. She never once called me to see why I wasn't coming over. A few weeks pass and I write her a letter telling her how hurt I am. She called my voicemail and said " you asked me for my opinion, so I gave you an honest answer" This angered me because I NEVER asked her for her opinion, all I said was " I've lost 93 pounds as of today". I was excited about it. If I wanted her opinion, I would have said " I've lost 93 pounds, how do I look? " and I NEVER said that. Anyway, after her voiemail, I wanted to call her and tell her off but I let it go instead. SHe sent me a christmas card but never signed it. I'm guessing it was from her, anyway. So, I wrote her a nice letter and sent a card back. In my letter I told her I miss her friendship and would like to get together ad have coffee. She left me a voicemail and said I could come over and have coffee. We spoke on the phone and I was going to go over in a few days. But, I never went. I'm still hurt by her insult...she has never once apologized for insulting me and my letter told her how hurt I am. Someone I know who works with the elderly told me to forgive her, that her days are numbered being 93 and all. He said old people say things without thinking and to not take it personal. I think I can forgive her BUT, I just don't feel like visiting her and having that coffee...a piece of me will always love her but I can't stop feeling the way I do...I have worked SO hard to lose weight...I was 315 when I started and I am 213 right now...and I have a herniated stomach and it sticks out because of the hernia so I look pregnant...so when she said my belly is still big, it really affected me...she even told me one time to buy a girdle so I did. And, she would make cookies and other stuf I can't eat and would put me on a guilt trip when I would say, I can't have any cookies because of my diet. She would then say, oh come on, a few arent going to hurt you, I worked hard making them, etc...so I would eat them to shut her up. And another time I told her I fit into a size 14/16 and she told me " you can't, that's my size" The jeans are part spandex, that is how I fit into them as I normally take a 16/18. My question I guess is, am I wrong to not visit her? I just don't feel I want to. I've gotten used to having my evenings free to do what I want...whereas before, I felt like I HAD to go over every night and watch tv with her because when i had other plans and couldnt visit her, she would make comments about it the next time I'd go over to see her. Am I wrong to feel hurt still? I wish she would just apologize for hurting my feelings...but I know I will never get one. Her daughters are on my facebook as friends and I know they resent me for not visiting their mom even though they haven't said anything. How would u feel if this happened to u? She was my best friend but the second she insulted me and hurt me, all of that changed for me.

Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

what can I buy a lady friend of mine for her sixthy Birthday this year?

- Asked by ozzycat19, A Thinker, Female, 46-55
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

What's the proper way to respond when people don't want you around?

Recently I went through a personal struggle, separated from my husband. Not one person remained my friend through the situation. My girl friends that were married, had no interest in remaining my friend b/c I don't know I guess they thought a separation was contagious or something and a few of his friends that weren't my friends came out and actually were my friend. Now we have worked out our issues, and are getting back together.

Here in lies the problem, now these people that alienated me and excluded me- well I don't want to be around them either now. My husband and I are working through the dynamics of what associations to keep and which to forgo, and leaning towards anyone that came out lambasting the other are unwelcomed guests. How would you handle it?

It's funny, sometimes you think you know who your friends are and then life throws a curve ball and it's the people you would least expect that are kind.

Update: February 26, 2015.
My husband and I remained friends throughout the process, I would not be punishing them just respecting their choice.

Update: February 26, 2015.
I'm asking more for casual run ins, at the grocery store and what not. Maybe I'll just break out my fuck off t-shirt for such events.

Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Hey Friends, Let's get this party started!

Aloha Friends, it appears we have a triple birthday, as it is also Stevesoho79's birthday along with Theinlaw30 and Borninthemeadow! I've got the birthday cakes and candles, so let's sing Happy Birthday to all of them!

- POP'd by hulagirl55, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It's a very special day today.....

EVERYONE... It'S STEVESOHO79 'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!
EVERYONE'S Favorite responder!!!

Steve hasnt been on here in the last little bit. But it's his birthday today on February 26th, and I really want each and everyone of you to send him a private message on here, wishing him a happy birthday!!!! It would truly, truly make his day. Please msg Stevesoho79

Steve is turning 48 (years young!!;) but feels insecure about it. Don't we all feel insecure bout gettin old? ;) He doesnt look a day over 40 and still has the youthfulness of a 20 year old.

So let's help Steve feel a bit more cheerful about reachin his golden years here on answerology while sharin his pearls of wisdom with all of us. He may be pushin 50, but he's got a heart of gold and can dance the night away like a teenager ;)

HAPPY birthday, Stevesoho79!!!!!! What a guy, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLLLOOWWWW ;) ;)

Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Birthdays galore as 2/25 was Falsehammer's & 2/26 is Theinlaw30 & Borninthemeadowcourt's Day

Hey Friends we have had alot of February birthdays for this short month as yesterday's birthday was Falsehammer's and today is Theinlaw30 and Borninthemeadowcourt's Day! I've got 3 birthday cakes and candles, now do you have the birthday wishes to get get this party started? Let's all wish them a Happy Birthday when you see them or pm them with special birthday wishes!

- Asked by hulagirl55, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

You Say.....God Says

1. I cant figure it out.......I will direct your steps
2. I'm too tired..............I will give you rest
3. It's impossible............A ll things are possible
4. Nobody loves me............I love you
5. I can't forgive myself.....I forgive you
6. It's not worth it..........It will be worth it
7. I'm not smart enough.......I will give you wisdom
8. I'm not able...............I am able
9. I can't go on..............My grace is suffiecient
10. I can't do it..............you can do all things
11.I can't manage..............I will supply all your needs
12. I'm afraid................ .I have not given you fear
13. I feel alone...............I will never leave you or forsake you.
SCROLL ON DOWN

1. Proverbs 3:5-6
2. Matthew 11: 28-30
3. Luke 18:27
4. John 3:16
5. Romans 8:1
6. Romans 8:28
7. 1 Corinthians 1:30
8. 2 Corinthians 9:8
9. 2 Corinthans 12:9
10. Phillipians 4:13
11. Phillipians 4:19
12. 2 Timothy 1:7
13. Hebrews 134:5

God bless

Update: February 27, 2015.
God bless you all! Go with Jesus this weekend.

Update: February 27, 2015.
Our Heavenly Father does want us to be dependent on Him and trust Him. I hope each of you has a great weekend.

- Asked by flwoodpecker, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession
Friendship / 2 days ago Back To Top

Are you lonely tonight and just would like to meet someone real. Someone you've always dreamed about

Lonely married looking for lonely widower.

Update: February 26, 2015.
Wow how the mind works. I think your answers were great. I just realized my question wasn't. I enjoyed reading them and to the person whos answer was the longest may you find peace. I sympathize with you. Sincerely, Avrily Madonnay

- Asked by avrilymadonnay, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
Friendship / 3 days ago Back To Top

Interesting how society instantly labels people.

If you don't have a job you instantly become "bum" "lazy" or a "burden".

What if the person cannot work for various reasons? I know people who cannot work even though they appear able bodied. One woman has back problems. The other guy has bad anxiety to the point he cannot always leave his home. As a result neither of them can work. Both are lovely people.

What about the millions of people worldwide who cannot get a job because of the economic downturn.

- POP'd by Male, 36-45

Why is it so important for women that a man has a job?

Men normally don't care if she has a job and most as willing to sacrifice his future material enjoyment to support a woman, yet women are not willing to do the same.

It is because these women don't want to work? It is kind of ironic considering we as men are constantly bombarded by the media on how we supposedly make so much more money and how we keep (oppress) women out of the workplace.

Update: February 25, 2015.
Interesting. So far women who work refer to an man who does not work as a burden, unless he is a house husband and he does "everything", isn't this called "oppression" when a man works and his wife does everything while he sits on his ass, and she raises children? What would happen if a man would stipulate on a dating site that he wants a woman with a good JOB so he can raise kids?

- Asked by jacko, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Teaching

1