GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 2 hours ago Back To Top

My invest company divulged another person's personal information to me.

I recently named 4 beneficiaries at my investment company to share in my account should I die. I did not have any of their social security numbers. They said this would be ok. Then when I emailed them the list of my beneficiaries (neices and nephews), they informed me that one of my nephews had an account with them and they would use his social security number on my account. (I did verify that it was indeed, him.) I didn't want to know he had an account with them. I couldn't believe they told me. Do you think they violated his confidentiality? Also, I feel insecure that they may tell my nephew that I have an account with them and that he is named as a beneficiary. Should I talk to them about this, and ask them not to tell my nephew he is a beneficiary, or am I over reacting? Thanks.

- Asked by cancel9, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65
Family & Parenting / 6 hours ago Back To Top

How do you deal with your immature sibling?

For those of you with a very immature yet adult sibling, how do you deal with them?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental
Family & Parenting / 21 hours ago Back To Top

Guilt with moving away from family

Have any of you experienced guilt for moving away from family to another part of the state or many state states away even? How did you handle it?

- Asked by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Other Profession
Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

My sons heart or mine?

My three year old loves his dad. We are separated and his dad says he wants us back. We have tried but things aren't good between us. I have been wanting to move away and make a new start for us. I am afraid I will be breaking my sons heart. I have good reason to think that this could be what I need to break out of the crappy life routine in stuck in. My 3 year old is hyper aware of what is going on between his dad and I. Even tho we are only across town from each other when he goes over usually once a week he doesn't want to leave. He tells me that he wants to go and stay at daddies. His dad isn't a bad guy but he doesn't provide for him and the place he stays isn't the best for our son. No air conditioning never has groceries he has a whole house but sleeps on a mattress in the living room :( how can I be sure my son won't resent the hell out of me for this? Is it worth it to break his heart if I think I could have a chance at healing my own?

- Asked by abigaily, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Washington, DC, Artist / Musician / Writer

My Son's Fiance keeps cheating and is very abusive physically verbally and emotionally

she has cheated many times but she always finds a way to get my Son to forgive her and he goes back after a short break up. I need some help with advice. What would you say to your Son who is in more pain then anyone can handle? How can I help him to understand that he cannot ever go back? That if she has been cheating the entire 5 years they have been together she will never stop? I want him to wake up and understand he has to be strong for not only himself but for his little boy. That he can and will have a good faithful women in his life!

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

Which parenting style do you think is best? Which is the worst?

I was reading an article on parenting styles, and it made me start thinking about what kind of parent I want to be some day. Those of you that are parents or want to be one day...which style (or mix of styles) do you think is best? Which one is the worst?

Permissive Parents- Very warm,
but undemanding. They are
indulgent and passive in their
parenting, and believe that the way
to demonstrate their love is to give
in to their adolescent's wishes.
Permissive parents invoke such
phrases as, "sure, you can stay up
late if you want to," and "you do
not need to do any chores if you
don't feel like it." Permissive
parents do not like to say no or
disappoint their children. As a
result, teens are allowed to make
many important decisions without
parental input. Parents do not
view themselves as active
participants in shaping their teen's
actions; instead they view
themselves as a resource, should
the adolescent choose to seek their
advice.

Authoritarian Parents- Display little
warmth and are highly controlling.
They are strict disciplinarians, use
a restrictive, punitive style, and
insist that their adolescent follow
parental directions. Authoritarian
parents invoke phrases such as,
"you will do this because I said,"
and "because I'm the parent and
you are not." Authoritarian
parents do not engage in
discussions with their teen and
family rules and standards are not
debated. Authoritarian parents
believe the adolescent should
accept, without question, the rules
and practices that they establish.

Authoritative Parents- Warm but
firm. They encourage their
adolescent to be independent while
maintaining limits and controls on
their actions. Authoritative parents
do not invoke the "because I said" rule. Instead, they are willing to entertain, listen to, and take into account their teen's viewpoint. Authoritative parents engage in discussions and debates with their adolescent, although ultimate responsibility resides with the parent.

Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

Do you have a member of the family with mental illness?

Do you have a family member with mental illness who creates problems for all?

I'm not talking about those who have challenges and take appropriate meds and see their psychiatrist regularly. I'm talking about those who constantly create problems and minimize the extent of their psych issues.

Please describe/explain

Is there sibling rivalry in your family?

Have you found there is sibling rivalry in your family and if so how is it manifested?

1