GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 18 hours ago Back To Top

RANDOM TIDBITS bride and groom

In many cultures around the world -- including Celtic, Hindu and Egyptian weddings -- the hands of a bride and groom are literally tied together to demonstrate the couple's commitment to each other and their new bond as a married couple (giving us the popular phrase "tying the knot").

The Roman goddess Juno rules over marriage, the hearth, and childbirth, hence the popularity of June weddings.

Princess Victoria established the tradition of playing Wagner's "Bridal Chorus" during her wedding processional in 1858.

The Catholic tradition of "posting the banns" to announce a marriage originated as a way to ensure the bride and groom were not related.

Stag parties were first held by ancient Spartan soldiers, who kissed their bachelor days goodbye with a raucous party.

The custom of tiered cakes emerged from a game where the bride and groom attempted to kiss over an ever-higher cake without knocking it over.

(www.theknot.com)

- Asked by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired
Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

Does an apology transcend through your spouse?

A few years ago my sister in law accused me of stealing, she was wrong and it cause a rift in our family...Fast forward and last week she apologized to him but not to me, he thinks her apology to him should be enough for me since she said the horrible thing to him.

I don't like her and never did that much to begin with, but she will be here this weekend and I'm expected to act like this never happened. I am not a good pretender, what should I do?

Update: August 01, 2014.
For those who think there is one trouble making sister in-law, there is actually 2. One was living with and the other will be visiting this weekend. Anyone have an extra rm where I can get away?

- Asked by scent, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Chicago, Technical

My Mom is Driving Me Crazy

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced this with their parents?

Lately, every time I want to do anything around the house, example: cleaning, cooking, looking through stuff or de-cluttering she starts asking me a million questions and doesn't stop. It goes on and on for what seems like 10 minutes of me explaining to her why I am doing this. The irritating part is that we had this exact same conversation a few days prior and even before that.

Even when I'm watching tv she sits down and starts a conversation right in the middle or she'll call a friend on the phone and start having a loud conversation with them. I'll have to leave because I can't hear the tv anymore.

I've been trying to be very patient with her but its just been really getting to me lately. My patience is just running thin.

Im moving out within the next couple of months, one of the reasons being that shes just flipped a switch and gone into constant annoying mode.

Shes sad that i'm leaving and I've been trying to tell her its because shes been constantly nagging and irritating me but refuses to acknowledge that shes doing anything wrong.

I don't want to leave on bad terms with her but there are some days where my blood boils and I feel like I'm going insane.

if you were rich and famous would you help out a half brother that was homeless?

Update: July 31, 2014.
apparently, Drew Barrymore has a homeless brother, not sure what the circumstances of the situation is. She also, had a half sister who she met briefly who died yesterday.

Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

Anyone have a family member with narcissism/BPD?

Does anyone on this site have a family member with narcissism/bordeline personality disorder who is wreaking havoc?

My sister has to create drama/chaos within the family and I have decided to cut the cord.

Any thoughts/suggestions/ex periences anyone would like to share?

I'm sure some of you will think I should show compassion, and that would be the situation if her actions didn't always hurt others.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

Should I tell my mom that my baby wasn't an accident.?

She was already disappointed that I started young. would this make it worse.?

- Asked by high6on6life6, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Salt Lake City
Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

Did you lose a sibling to illness

, etc. when you were young?

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative

Did you have favorite grand parents.

Which grand parents did you like being around the most, your fathers parents or your moms parents, which ones really spoiled you.

- Asked by steady4rhyne, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

How do I cure my 17 year old daughter of laziness?

When I ask her to clean up the kitchen or bathroom etc she procrastinated then when I threaten her she does it with a bad attitude then pouts.

- Asked by ttlicious1, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

1