GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 3 hours ago Back To Top

I think my mom is pulling out her hair

I dont know what to do or how to address the situation

Family & Parenting / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Child support advise..

I have my first hearing for child support on may 1st 2014 and im starting to wonder how its going to go financially. My ex and I have a three year old daughter together and been separated almost two years. The only way she lets me see my daughter is on her time, if I want to spent time with my daughter I have to spend it with her and my ex at her house or a mcdonalds witch to me is beyond ridicules. Since we cannot agree on me having my own time with my daughter I don't pay her a set amount of money really at all. If my daughter needs something or she's behind on a bill I help. I work a full time job and get paid bi weekly and around every pay day I have around $50-100 spare after paying bills so im getting kinda worried how all of this is gonna pan out financially... does anyone have any advise or if you have gone through this please share.

Would you have helped your sibling and her family by sponsoring them to come to the US?

A few years ago my older sister asked if I could sponsor her husband so that they could come to the US to live. She had asked my parents but they turned her down. She then asked me but when she did, I had limited income and was already dealing with unemployment at the time. On top of that we didn't even have that great a relationship at this point anymore. She is very controlling and she always just seems to want to get people to help her to get them to do things for her. I especially noticed this in recent years, but prior to this I did not realize how bad it was. It's my parents' fault who spoiled her and they never taught her anything by doing that.
I tried keeping in touch with her over the years when I was younger but I feel like I had to make all the effort but in reality we never really had a good relationship growing up because I was the youngest and I think she started feeling left out. She even told me once that if we weren't sisters she didn't think we could be friends.
But right now I really don't like her attitude of wanting to always take from people and thinking about herself and her daughter and no one else. I am not even sure if she gets along with her husband, she's been having problems with him too. Overall she is really not an easy person to get along with hit, her personality is very strong and aggressive when she wants to be, she imposes her will on people and made me feel guilty for not helping her. Now she just contacted me again recently and I am afraid she might want to come here again to visit or live. My parents already bought her a place to live years ago and seeing that I am here in the US alone and single I am currently living in my parents' house which she also wants to take over even though she already has a house of her own fully paid off. She came here for a year living in my parents' house with her daughter and without working while I was renting an apartment and working my ass off to get by, and she was still being very rude and mean to me.
I don't trust her. I think she is finding ways to come here and wanting to know things from me because she wants to come and live here again so now all of a sudden I get an email from her as I have in the past asking how things are going here for me. In the past she always got in touch because she wanted something from me, like she wanted to know if she could come and live with me here in the US or what I thought about it. I am currently interviewing and I really don't have that much stability myself.
I feel like her questions are now a trap based on my past experience with her.
What do you all think of this?

Update: April 22, 2014.
That is what I did if I recall correctly in the past, but she never seems to give up and pops up with these questions out of the blue which makes me think based on past experience that she is looking for a way to come here once again. I hope I am wrong.

Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

I don't want my husband's cousin to be the Godparent, what should I say?

The reasons I prefer someone else is that this person lives too far away and will hardly see her Godchild, she never sent a lousy card congratulating birth of our baby, her family is socially awkward. She is kind of tight with money, and yes I want my baby to get a gift on holidays and birthdays and be acknowledged. How do I tell my husband this nicely. He is very defensive when it comes to his relatives.

What subject, in school, did you like the most & are you benefitting from it, really???

In school, each & every one of us, had a favorite class! I loved science! (but not enough to do anything with it.).. My favorite class of all was Psychology. Why?? Maybe cause I love people & enjoyed studying their behavior... (still do.) What was your favorite class & is it used in your daily life at all?

- Asked by dunchuss, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer
Family & Parenting, Friendship / 1 day ago Back To Top

Rough ass weekend before Graduation...

I normally refrain from sharing very intimate details here.

However, I need to vent. Now.

I graduate on Saturday and will become the first in my generation on my father's side of the family (and second on my mother's side) to get a Master's degree in Social Work. I'm very thankful to have seen this journey completely through, in spite of all adversity. It wasn't my doing..... God helped me out.

This weekend..... one fucking rough one.

I already lost a cousin to colon cancer a month ago and witnessed her being buried. But on Saturday, another cousin was brutally murdered. The suspect is her ex-boyfriend and.... her son saw her get shot by him.

He got his ass thoroughly beat by her fiancee because he slammed her on the fucking concrete for no apparent reason the day before. The day of the events, he threatened to harm their children if she didn't come pick them up. Ignoring all pleads, she sped over there to retrieve them. Upon arrival, he tossed a big ass boulder through the car windshield and it struck her in the face. She got out the car, holding her mouth together because her teeth were knocked loose and bleeding, and threw a brick through his house window. He retaliated by shooting her in the stomach with a 9 millimeter pistol.

The worst part about all this.... besides her son seeing it..... is that he intentionally shot her in the stomach because she was pregnant with her fiancee's first child.

Demonic. I'm torn apart by all this. My mind is heavy and heart hurts this morning.

Family has suffered a whole lot these past few months.

Graduation doesn't seem so important right now. Please keep us in your positive thoughts and prayers.

- Asked by king313, An Engaged Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Who Cares?
Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

Judge tells father to stop emailing his children in all capital letters --*

LONDON (UPI) - A High Court judge in England told an "insensitive" father that he must stop emailing his children in all capital letters because it looks like he is yelling at them. The Israeli father is in a custody dispute involving his 13-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter. During the dispute, the children have been moving back and forth between England and Israel. The judge ordered that the father's old style of emails, which were "equivalent to him shouting," needed to be improved upon with the help of a family assistance officer. "He needs help to make his messages appropriate and child friendly," the judge said. "There's nothing worse than an email suggestive that the sender is shouting at you." Due to the communications problems, the relationship between the children and their father will be restored "at a distance." The parents of the children also need to work on their communications skills. "It is all about respect and a willingness to start again in the process of trying to interact as parents in a way which will enhance rather than harm their children," the judge said. "I wish them every success in that endeavor."

- Asked by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

My daughter is not doing very well. She had more surgery to remove another tumor from her spine.

With out it she would have been paralyzed. She has been taken off the trial program. Not good. This hurts me to know what is coming in the future. Please pray.

- Asked by frenchkiss49, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

1