GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 18 hours ago Back To Top

Do you think it's okay for kids to spend the night at friends'/classmates houses on school nights?

or save it for the weekends?

Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you have any Children?

If yes, how many? if no- do you want to have Children?

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55
Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

so i have come to the realization that people terrify me....

do you have anxiety about anything?

- Asked by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

I am depressed, but not for me.. for everyone else. How can you explain this stuff?

How can you make since of this to a child?
So today my granddaughter came home from school. She began praying before she could even talk.Her mom is agnostic, and I am Mormon. She is 12 years old. She loves God and chose Christianity from, only god knows where. We have been giving her a right to learn what she wants. My daughter made sure she was not exposed to churches or private schools, as she is highly against them. My daughter went to a Pentecostal church as a youth, and absolutely hated it. My granddaughter claims now that she wants to go to church, but she has been depressed lately.My daughter wont let her, and instead makes her study or do house work on Sundays. Usually a very happy girl, but now she cries all the time. She said it was atheist in her school, attacking her everyday. She said today, they took all her books and put them in the toilet. They told her she doesn't need them since she doesn't believe in science. But she cried all day, and said she loves science, and that she feels science was also created by God. She said, it seems to her that there still has to be some energy behind science. She doesn't understand why she is getting harassed and attacked for what she believes in. She asked me "But mamaw, why are people so mean to me when I don't even care what they believe? I never asked them what they believe,did they asked just to fight with me?" She said that 2 of these people were her friends until now. She said when she told them, they both started punching and attacking her. The 2 girls got suspended for 3 days, but is that really a good punishment? I mean, they basically got a vacation for hitting someone. This was just last week, and apparently those girls came back to school today. So now she wont do anything. She is only 12 asking to quit school and go into home school, which is not allowed in my state for children with high grades, and good health that she has. They said, they can't give homeschooling to children for mental issues. So they classify her with mental issues because shes being attacked by people. Apparently its the "cool" thing right now for the kiddies to fight, attack or hurt people who believe in God. So my question is, what can I tell her? She needs to stay in school but she admitted if she can't get away from these people she will quit as soon as she can. We can't move her to another school. Shes a brilliant child, and is already being offered scholarships. I can't let this stuff get her down. The school wont do anything. Wont even put her in other classes! So how do I help her? Why is the school system set up like this? If anything offenders should be given double the amount of work or have to perform extra task to make up for it. But suspending them for a few days? Come on! They came right back and started picking on her again. What do you tell a child in this large amount of chaos? Religious views aside, she is getting attacked and needs the right words, but I just can't think of them. I don't know what to say to cheer her up and get her back on track. I have tried to tell her they are just unhappy people and want her to be also, and she said to this "Well its working." I am beside myself, this was never a problem when I was in school. If she were your granddaughter, what would you tell her?

- Asked by Female, 66 or older

Is 2 weeks too short time for this decision?

I went to the doctor today to know for sure and he told me I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Thing is, I'm not sure who the father is, there are two possible fathers. One is a guy I dated a year and a half ago but we still hang out (hook up) occaisionally but I really really like him... The other one I instantly regret ever sleeping with, we have tons of mutual friends and I've known him for about 2 years but I always thought he's a bit annoying and to be honest I feel awkward about sleeping with him and I'm hoping no one will ever find out. I think I'd keep the baby if I'm pregnant with the first guy (but it also depends on his opinion) but no way if its the other one. I have to wait 3 weeks before being able to have a paternity test (and I'm only telling the second guy about it as I only need one sample anyways) and I'm not gonna tell the first guy I'm pregnant unless its his baby and then we can discuss what happens next. But the thing is the legal time for abortion where I live is up to week 12 and I can have the paternity test at week 10 so that means I'd only have 2 weeks to decide if I'm keeping the baby or not. I'm so confused.... Do you think 2 weeks is too short time? Or do I have any other options? Thanks!!!

Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

Should I text my stepdaughter on my husband's behalf?

My husband and his 16 y/o daughter had a BAD BAD fight about 2 months ago and there hasn't been any contact between them since. Well at least not any contact that was returned. After about a month my husband texted her when he was at this conference showing her a picture of what he got her. She immediately wrote back "Aww you didn't have to do that"and it went back and forth a few times and then he said "I love you and I'll always be here for you". Then, apparently not realizing who she was talking to, goes "Is this Charlie?" He replies with "This is your dad". She never texted back. So she was carrying on this conversation not knowing who she was talking to. Obviously she must have erased his number and name from her phone because previous to this it always showed up as him.

I have not had any contact with her since then either, but my husband has asked me to text her to start a conversation. I would text her occasionally before this went down while at work if bored, but other than that never really spoke with her unless she was visiting. She doesn't seem to have a problem with me, but I really don't want to have to be the intermediate. She has a huge problem with H and no matter what I say to her she isn't going to care. She has basically wiped him out of her life and seems perfectly happy with that. He wants me to see if I can get her to talk to him. I'm sure she'll see right through that. Hell, when I took her back to her mom's after the huge fight they had she kept saying "Why are you doing this? Is it because HE told you to do it?" She sees anything I do for her being done because HE told me to.

Should I try texting her to see if I get a response or just tell him that the problems are between them and he needs to find a way to get through to her?

1