GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 18 hours ago Back To Top

Seriously!!! Stop friggin calling me to "talk" on the phone!!

People need to realize that single parents of young children (or parents alone with children) cannot sit and BS with you about nonsense! Not happening! Talking on the phone in between whining, crying, "can you get me.... Mom I need...Mom I want...He just hit me..." Blah blah blah. I don't talk on the phone! Text me...I can multitask that!!!!

- Asked by mtate0217, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Administrative
Family & Parenting / 23 hours ago Back To Top

Can you figure out my step kids are acting this way?

My step kids except for my step son who is 10 are having a fit at their dad because he scheduled to go to parent teacher conferences. Both girls ages 12 and 14 are doing well in school so it is not fear of him finding things out. We went last spring and gave each of them a small gift to say good job for all your hard work?? The oldest said well I had a problem with it last year but I didn't know you were going.

They keep saying and so does the ex wife that you have to understand that he never attended these before and now he is??? Ok first off he was in the military the last 16 years and deployed alot and also when he was home he worked nights and his ex wife would go and report back His ex wife said you can see their point as they just don't understand why now he is...this is a father that when in town work nights and went home got them breakfast, drove them all to school laid down for 3 hours got back up picked them all back up and then brought them home got them dinner and tried to get a bit more sleep before having to get back to work himself. This was when he was married and when they were separated, he did this because their mom leaves for work before the kids go to school and is not back home until after dinner time. But no he is not involved with his kids because he didn't go to conferences or a play or this or that???? The man did have to sleep somewhere or he was out of town...so now that he is with me

He has retired from the Military and is not working nights and thus has more free time to do this now and thus why we are doing all this and going to all their things..why is it they are all issed and not willing to talk to him, they refused to come to his weekend this weekend and they are not letting us pick them up from school like we always have to do because mom can't and dirve them way far from where we live to drop them off at their moms..

Their mom just texted saying that they will not be wanting their father to pick them up tromorrow either..not sure they want to see him all week..really all because he is going to parent teacher conferences which he will not back down and not go because they throw a fit but why are they being like this....

- Asked by honestycounts, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Political / Government
Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

My sister in law passes our mother's things on to my great neices.

My brother obtained most of our mother's worldly things when she died. That is not the problem. My brother died and now his wife is giving away our mother's dishes, personal items, etc. to my great neices and by passing me and my sister. Almost right under our nose. My sister has a real problem with this, but bitches about it, but won't say anything to sister in law. I understand that it is only worldly things, but it hurts when an item that used to belong to our mother, passes, literally right in front of me, like at Christmas to my great neice. Would it be right to say something to my sister in law and what could I say. We two, do not have a relationship, but she has a relationship with other members of my immediate family.

- Asked by cancel9, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65

1