GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 14 hours ago Back To Top

Stepdaughter was carrying on a text conversation without knowing who it was!

My husband and his 16 y/o daughter had an all out fight a month ago and there has been no interaction since. He went to a video game conference on Friday and he actually picked up a couple of items for her there (which I think was so stupid on his part to try and win her back by spending money on her because he has done plenty of that in the past to no avail). He took a picture of what he bought and sent it to her. Much to his surprise he got an immediate response of "Aww that's so cute. You didn't have to do that. I'm so jealous that you're there". Then there were a few other texts between them and then he said 'I love you and I'll always be around for you". Then apparently she had no idea who she was talking to and goes 'Is this Cameron?" And he responds with "This is your dad" and then she never responded back. How could she NOT know who she was talking to? I am guessing she erased his number from her phone after the fight so it didn't show up as him but still, wouldn't you want to know who you are texting with before continuing a conversation? That just seems so moronic to me!

Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

9yr old girl shoots gun range instructor in the face..

with an Uzi machine gun!!!

Have you seen the video or heard about this?

An America couple decided to take their 9yr yr old daughter to a gun range. The gun ranger instructor was ex military and an "expert" on the gun range. He gave the girl an Uzi machine gun which she inevitably couldn't handle. The gun went up over her head and shot the instructor in the face multiple times killing him.

Why on earth would you give a 9yr old a gun? When i was 9 i was playing with dolls and holding tea parties for my teddies, not learning to use killing machines. I feel so sorry for that girl, she has lost her innocents through no fault of her own.

How did the actual video even get out? The parents must have sold it to the media.

- Asked by mysterious19, An Alternative Girl, Female, 18-21, London, Other Profession
Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

Which one of your parents

did you become like?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

I don't understand my feelings or what to do here...

I don't want to talk to my dad because I feel defensive about where I am in life right now. I would only feel comfortable around him if I was more attractive, more successful, what have you. I haven't spoken to him in a few months, and haven't seen him in five or six years. He wants to see me, but he doesn't know what I've gone through these past years. Right now I feel ok with where I am at because I am taking big steps in getting help for myself and getting my life on track (Since I last spoke to him, I went to rehab and am now living in a sober women's home.) I have a half brother that lives with him who I would love to have a relationship with, and feel really guilty that I haven't been a bigger person, and made more of an effort to be in his life. I've been telling myself, I will get to know him when he is old enough where I don't have to go through my dad, but that doesn't feel right.

I guess my question is, am I in the wrong? Do I need to suck it up and keep my side of the street clean, and if my dad wants to judge, then F-K him? My dad wants to repair our relationship, but I don't trust him. I don't want to make myself vulnerable. If it wasn't for my brother, I wouldn't even bother with my dad..... Even though my dad feels bad about the past, I don't really care. I don't feel like I owe him anything.

1