GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 12 hours ago Back To Top

My sister decided not to come for thanksgiving to go shoppn instead. She sent text. What do I say?

Our parents are deceased. Its only my husbands family coming over.. I'm hosting thanksgiving. She is married w kids. Her kids are younger than mine.
She is holding a foolish grudge because one of my kids had surgery this summer n my other two were working a lot so I was unable to spend time with her. She went all over I never said anythg but she feels I put others before her she needs to be center of everythg. We live 25/30 min apart. She has known I was hosting thanksgiving since august when I sent out invites, emails n texts too. I then each month sent reminders both by email n text. She sent me text today that she isn't coming cause she wants to do her black Friday early Thursday shopping. I'm sick of her crap. How should I respond . she is carrying on stupid nonsense.

Update: November 21, 2014.
Thank you spring breaker.. No, she never responded to the mailed invites, email, n texts since day one august 14th. She only responded today at 3:58pm. And your rt it is selfish bs on her part for pulling this crap. Ugh. So aggravating.

Update: November 21, 2014.
Thank you kdtxchic30... That's great point. Ur so right. Thanks and enjoy your thanksgiving day ...

Update: November 21, 2014.
Thanks tabbycat1 , I was def thinking same thing.. She is high maintenance. She's my sister I love her but seriously she is drama from the word go! Nevertheless its sad she continues to b petty n now wants to go shopping instead. I just don't know how to respond to today's message.

Family & Parenting / 18 hours ago Back To Top

I think the children of estranged parents are more disadvantaged than the children of intact unions.

- POP'd by Female, Who Cares?

In your opinion who is

at more of a disadvantage in the dating world:

A single woman with two children

or

A single man with two children?

Why do you think so?

- Asked by frogbreath26, A Player, Female, Who Cares?
Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

My husband doesn't understand my need to create a home my child can be proud to have friends over.

We are in a rental home. It is very important to me that even though we do not own the home we take care of it and treat it like our own. It really bothers me that we do not have a home for a child that we own yet. I want to create lifelong memories and be able to change paint etc. In the mean time though my husband parks his truck basically in the yard. The neighbors must hate us with the mud in the yard. It is vet embarrassing to me. But no matter how much I explain this my husband says- not my home I'm not putting money into it. I literally have had to open our garage manually for 2 years! Sinks broken, toilet paper holders broken, etc. he won't contact the landlord but also won't repair and doesn't want me to contact them either. I'm so discouraged!

1