GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 6 hours ago Back To Top

Hi, I am separated and co-parenting and I need help

I have been separated for seven months now, no chance of reconciliation with my husband, but we have a 4yr old son together.
My ex started to see our son every weekend but since he got a girlfriend he has not seen his son for two weekend and only texts me to see how he is doing. I am really angry that he does not make an effort to see his son but I don't know how to handle this problem. What should I tell him when he texts or calls me? My son used to ask about him all the time but eventually he barely asks about his Dad anymore. What should I do? I want what is best for my son. But also I don't want to come off as a jealous ex because I still have feelings for him but I am o.k in him dating since I don't see a future together any more. Please advise.

Family & Parenting / 8 hours ago Back To Top

Grown children blaming me for grandparents decisions about money

My parents amended their Trust/will before they passed away as we found out the old one was incomplete and it would be a legal problem. I was their POA-financial and health care and was there when they revamped it. They decided to lower the amount they were giving the grandkids. When I asked if they would think about increasing it they said no.

My parents are now gone. My kids haven't spoken to me in a couple of years. None the less I sent them a gift certificate for Christmas for a nice restaurant to go out with their families.

My one son said anything that I send them will be given away and I don't care about my family.

I am so hurt. My friends think my kids are entitled brats and I should just forget it.

What do you think? What would you do?

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?
Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

Child costody and a father who is willing to hand over costody??????

My cousin has three kids two of which have a diffirent father from her younest.
She doesn't have full costody of the kids, and the father of the two older ones hasn't been in there lives sense the oldest one was 3 completely of his choosing cause he could see them at any time.
My cousin said the father is fully willing to hand over custody but said even with him being willing it would still cost a large price and take a large amount of time to have it done.
So my question is we live in New Hampshire how much would it actually cost and how long could it really take while the father is fully willing to hand over costody?

- Asked by deliamv21, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

I'm so excited to have a little sister!!! I always wanted one and I finally got it :-)

When I was six I hid my mom's birth control, to no avail...I just got in trouble. But today, right now, I got a little sister...not by birth, not by marriage, bit it still feels like it's for real..my nephews girlfriend and she looks up to me like a big sis too! I feel so blessed, my nephew would like to kill me, but he'll get over it.

Step sons birthday party..how do you see this

Our step son turns 10 next week. His birthday falls on our dinner night. His mind m said she is having a party for him for that day and if we would like to see him and other kids we can come to party. We don't want to do this with her as kids really don't have want that And it is our night we had birthday plans of what we were going to do with him. She says we need to do all birthdays and eventual graduation parties together and not separate. She is a control freak and we told her most divorced ppl have their own celebration with that family. She told us we could then celebrate his bday a different day if we didn't want to attend and pay part of party...

- Asked by honestycounts, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Political / Government

Added as an authorized user without my permission! Credit score lowered, but he's mad at me?

Okay so I've been out and living on my own for six years, covering all my finances. Have an amazing credit score that I've worked hard for. My dad who filed for bankruptcy, had a foreclosure just recently finally was approved for one of the lowest level credit cards with like a 300 dollar limit and for some reason added me as an authorized user. He thinks he did a really nice thing and wanted me to able to use it in case of emergencies(um I have my own money for that) so honestly believes he was just helping but this new account just showed up on my credit score lowering it because it is a new account and I am also worried he is going to max it out because that is what he does and then my credit score will crash more. He never asked me my permission to be an authorized user I would have never agreed to this. He is just pissed off at me now because I want to be removed when he was just trying to be kind and helpful. How can I go about this?

- Asked by Cigarettes_and_Wickedness, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer
Family & Parenting / 2 days ago Back To Top

Do families like adult brothers/sister/crazy aunts/nephews/nieces really love each other?

Science says love is when your face lights up when you see the person, you think of them often and don't see their flaws.

The holidays are so perplexing to me, we say they are all about love and being with the ones that love you...but it's already started in my extended family "well if she's going to be there I'm not" "oh gawd please don't make it two dinners in a row we have our own families one is plenty" whatever. It's just interesting, are holidays really about spending time with loved ones or people you feel obligated to?

1