GIVE ADVICE ON FAMILY & PARENTING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Family & Parenting / 20 hours ago Back To Top

A month ago my cousin called me and said my other cousin called them but did not want anyone else

To know they had to have major surgery - i felt weird and on the spot - should I call and let him know that I knew or say nothing ? So I called but just said hi and he never mentioned it so I said nothing.

A week later my daughter comes home and says she went out with his girlfriend and she said he's having major surgery. I call my cousin and again he doesn't talk about it even after I ask - he just says he can't talk but will call me in a week.

A month later - none if my cousins will talk to me - they say I didn't care to really make an effort - my daughter was invited to a family event this week but I was not
Because they say I didn't reach out or seem concerned when my other cousin was sick. Mny cousins are all adults in their 40s

Is it me ? Was I wrong ?

Dating, Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

will my decision to have children ever change?

Since my early teens I knew children weren't for me. No offense to anyone who has them, but I always saw them as annoying and life changing objects in the world. I have been through a few serious relationships and now at 26 I have found someone who I feel really is a true match for me. I have been with him for five months now and things are serious.

He lives with me now and we get a long sooo good.
We have a lot of similar interests and respect eachother and love eachother very much.

One thing is he says he wants children. Not just one but four! I have expressed my views on kids and told him he would be lucky if he ever got one out of me. He says I will change my mind in the future. Thing is I can live my life perfectly happy with no kids. I am still in no hurry to have any.. and if by the time I am 30 and don't have any I have decided that will be it. I will be a childless adult.

Will I change my point of view?

- Asked by silenceiskey77, A Thinker, Female, 26-28
Family & Parenting / 1 day ago Back To Top

What are y'all doin'? Working? Can't sleep?

I'm just waiting.

I have to get my youngest up in an hour or so to see the, "blood moon"/eclipse.

I don't get the excitement but it seems to be a big deal at her school.
The moon is bright, the stars are bright...should be good viewing.

Why are you here?

Update: April 15, 2014.
We saw it. It took awhile but I bundled her up and took her outside and it was red/orange and she said she also saw Venus and a shooting star. Personally, I think a giant harvest moon is more impressive but we saw it. Sweet dreams!

- Asked by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession
Family & Parenting / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do you ever go over scripts in your mind ?

I'm not referring to being a kid and using safety pins to fasten two corners of a beach towel to the shoulders of your T shirt, just so you can imagine yourself flying off the roof of the house, like George Reeves...

... but looking back at something in life, where most of the key players are still around, and you are thinking, just maybe things could be different ?

If so, what is it that makes you hesitant to even implement the script ?

I have found over time that *people*, (bless their "not so little" hearts), seem to think that there is nothing difficult abolut it, unless of course it happens to involve them in some way.

Are you someone that can come out of nowhere and contact a total stranger just because you know you are realtedf to them, and all you want is some information as to find out about someone who is or was part of your identity at some time in life ?

They fail to understand that the agenda isn;t what you need or want to know today, the agenda was what was implemented years ago, that put you in the situation you are intoday where you need to ask questions.

Isn;t it almost as if they are trying to show a loyalty to, or protect the lies of a dead person ?

- Asked by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired
Family & Parenting, House & Home / 3 days ago Back To Top

Would you loan your kids the down payment for a house?

I'm a realtor & my wife & I would do anything for our kids - well almost anything.

I've heard numerous stories & all are mostly bad about the scenario I'm referring to. Most attorney's & financial consultants will tell you of the risks & possible pitfalls.

Anyway my wife & I said rubbish to this type of thinking some years ago. My son & his future wife were living in dumps at the time. My wife & I purchased a property, remodeled it for them letting them pick out everything and then charged them under market rent while absorbing a large amount each month on mortgage & property taxes. We put them on title & told them we'd eventually transfer over our share of ownership or split the proceeds when we sold it.
It was a good plan until the recession hit in 2007.
What happened was the property was under water & worth less than we paid & a series of expensive repairs occurred [which we paid for]. Our son & by now his wife suddenly decided they were moving elsewhere & we had a vacant property - of which their kitties had ruined the carpets among other clean-up items. The end result of the sale was we absorbed a very large amount of money from our retirement savings - gone [and son & his wife were disappointed they did not make any $$ on the deal].

Granted I love my son & his wife & always will, but my thinking has changed. I would not recommend doing this to anyone else. If they want to purchase I'd give them a "gift" of some cash, but not the down payment and not be on the title & the loan with them. We always want to do what is best for our kids, but you have to protect yourself as well.

- Asked by hsfbfan, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Other Profession

1