GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Diet & Health / 16 hours ago Back To Top

Having a healthy lifestyle!

Anyone know any inexpensive healthy food tips?
I seem to be spending a ton! Trying to eat healthier thanks!

- Asked by justhavefaith, A Creative, Female, 22-25
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Need to change my diet, any suggestions?

I am over 50 and have been diagnosed with diabetes for almost 10 years now. Just the other day I went to the doctor and found that my blood/glucose is over 10. I really haven't done much about it other than take medication and avoid a few things. Basically I haven't really changed my diet too much. But now I am beginning to get concerned about it. I was just wondering if any of you diabetics out there have any suggestions for some delicious alternatives to the high fat/glucose/salty stuff. Recipes anyone?

Update: January 31, 2015.
Thank you for your answers. I appreciate everyone's concern, however, only one answer had anything to do with a recipe. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't need advice on how to manage my diabetes, nor do I need to consult with a nutritionist. I go to a doctor regularly, and have already talked with several nutritionists. They do not give me elaborate recipes, it's basically a review of all the food groups. I already know what to eat and what not to eat, I simply asked if anyone had any good recipes they hopefully wouldn't mind sharing. That being said, again, recipes anyone?

- Asked by probeman, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

What is your personal health food?

Food that makes your body just feel really good?

Mine is a banana mango peanut butter yogurt and almond milk smoothie

- Asked by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

When you go food shopping...

do you make a list? Or do you just go and grab what looks good and hope you get a memory jolt by seeing stuff on the shelf that you may be out of at home?

- Asked by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

How do you avoid discussion on your weight?

I was at the gym doing my own routine.

After I do off one particular machine, a really fir woman on the machine grabs my attention and makes a comment about my weight.

She says "Hey, I've noticed you around, you look like you've lost a lot of weight. You should be really proud of yourself" with a lot of enthusiasm.

I felt really uncomfortable and just said "eh....thanks" and just walked away. What she said made me feel really awkward and conscious about my body.

Since then I've been trying discreetly to avoid her again, until she saw me in another weights area. She awkwardly said 'hi' and just said hi back without making eye contact.

I always just prefer to ignore people at the gym. I don't bother anyone and in return I don't get bothered back.

It was fine up until now.

How should I handle this if I run into her again?

Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

I purchased some saline nasal spray the other day

The solution smells like it came from a toilet!

Is this normal?

Update: January 30, 2015.
Definitely not the smell of a clean toilet!

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Anyone here with lots of knowledge on osteoporosis ?

I fell on concrete by my garden and landed on my left knee and the right wrist. I didnt break anything and the knee didnt really hurt when I walked, but there was a blue bump on it. I was 64 when I fell and now I am 67. Do you think I tested my bones and they are super hard ? I always lived healthy and was not a picky eater and worked hard physically. Do you think I am OK in that department ? Of course I can ask my doctor and have a bone density test, but I want to ask people here ?

Update: January 31, 2015.
I actually fell numereous times while gardening and once on the same knee and wrist on a concrete floor at a food store, no one saw me Thank God. So it proves that my bones are super strong and at my age that is a huge plus, working out for 20 years and being super active and digging and hauling compost in sun and air sure helps. It makes your body strong. You wont be like that if you are in the house and sitting all day not getting sunshine, exercise or frech air. Sedentary lifestyle is a precursor to osteoporosis.

Update: January 28, 2015.
Just to tell everyone that I dont have any knee pains, hardly had any when I fell 3 years ago and nothing happened to my wrist so obviously my bones are very strong and the fall was a good test. I dont have any pains or problems now either, it was just an idea to ask people here what they think.

- Asked by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 66 or older, Other Profession

1