GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Diet & Health / 3 hours ago Back To Top

Is this an anxiety attack?

If someones body randomly starts shaking and they get flushed, and feel like they need a drink of water or else they are going to throw up. That happened to me the other day after I had coffee when I came home from school.

- Asked by 19anonymous, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Chicago, Retail
Diet & Health / 19 hours ago Back To Top

Spouse and I losing weight

My wife and I have been losing some weight. Its not a competition and it really wouldn't be fair to frame it that way. She gave me 2 beautiful children and I know it is just a battle to pull off the baby weight. Also, guys just have it easy in comparison, our hormones work so much more in our favor.

Here is the rub. I've lost 25 lbs over the summer, I'm near my goal weight ~155lb, 5'8". Its been a lot of work, i've been hungry a lot of evenings and exercise a lot. My wife on the other hand kind phones it in and tries for a day then gives up for 3, then tries for 2 days and relaxes for 4. I've been there its not a successful way to lose weight, but its really hard to do this, so I am not faulting her. Thing is she gets really upset at me for how well i've done. She gets upset when I bring it up, which bums me out because I have put a lot of effort into this and just want her to say good job. I'm not pressuring her to lose weight. I know its hard, she's is the one putting the pressure on herself. I will support and love her whatever the scale says (and I've told her that many times). I'm just looking for some support, but she is taking it as me rubbing it in her face.

I don't know how to handle the problem so I just keep my mouth shut, but I feel that is unfair because I would be celebrating her success. I'm looking for advice; should I just be silent if it bothers her so much? Or is there a delicate way to discuss it?

Diet & Health / 20 hours ago Back To Top

Growing up is to get in trouble for this in my home life

One of my dad's favorite things to say to me is "your eyes are bigger than your stomach". I would put more on my plate than I could eat on my plate. Why did I do this? I'm the same way today. I need help. Even if I ordered a small portion I never eat it all. Why? I'm hungry.
I don't have an eating disorder. Help me understand what my dad new all along

- Asked by karenrecess70, A Trendsetter, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Getting old is so hard at times.

Yesterday I got Preparation H mixed up with Poly Grip.

Now I talk like an asshole.

But my gums don't itch!

- Asked by themrmagoo, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Is juicing really that good for you?

If so, how or why not?

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

What type of exercise

benefits the whole body?

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

If I invited you to an outdoor track,would you be jogging, power walking,or walking it for exercise?

Which is your preference? Or would you skip it altogether ?

- Asked by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

The hallmark of all mental illness is that it interferes with your ability to function.

This means it's very possible to experience symptoms of mental illness without actually having that illness.

For example, I have OCD tendencies. I have a weird thing with numbers.. some numbers just make me happier than others, and I do this thing with the number of letters in words/phrases. But it doesn't interfere with my life.

Do you experience anything like this (not OCD specifically, just mild symptoms)? Let's leave depression out of it because everyone's felt sad at some point.

Taking this question a bit further, have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness? Would you mind telling me about it?

Forgive me if the term "mental illness" is offensive. I'm not sure what's being used now.

- Asked by sourpatchbuttercup, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Seattle
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

I've tried cough linctus, various sorts of lozenges, all-in-one flu tablets ...

... and I've still woken up in the middle of the night coughing my guts up because my flu has gone into a third week. What else is there to try?

- Asked by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

1