GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 Next
Diet & Health / 1 hour ago Back To Top

Why do health and fitness fanatics have an obsession with 'other' people's health?

It's a free society and if a person wishes to make themselves healthier, they're free to do so.

If someone people wish to make a huge amount of dedication to strict vegan diet and long intense exercise to make themselves extremely fit, that's their business.

I don't understand their obsession with everyone else's health and well-being. Why do they always have to comment on what people should be eating and comment and compliment to strangers at the gym, who aren't as fit as them. Even when their opinions weren't asked for.

If one unhealthy or average healthy person willing asks for the advice of an extremely fit person, then they're free to give it.

However if a person is at the gym and just wishes to do their own thing and just wishes to mind their own business. Then they should be left in peace.

I don't understand being given random comments by fitness fanatics on my own physique, whether it is positive or negative.

Realistically, it's not their place to judge and an individuals health should only really be discussed between themselves and their doctor.

Yet, social media is often bombarded with health and fitness crazies and health fanatics endlessly commenting on other people's well-being. Even going to their own sites and making commenting and discussion videos. Regardless of whether or not their opinions were asked for in the first place?

The fitness fanatics say they want to help people, but really all they're doing is shaming people who essentially don't conform to their ideal image, simply to boost their own ego.

Why is our culture so obsessed this way?

Diet & Health / 6 hours ago Back To Top

ANYONE WHO WEARS A HEARING AID....

And experiences dizziness, should immediately be checked for Meniere's Disease. Your inner ear is what controls your balance, and once your inner ear is compromised for any reason, whether by hearing aid, too much fluid from a sinus infection, anything, you will most likely become dizzy, nauseous, off balance, etc. If the nausea, etc., is recent, you may have developed Meniere's Disease which is causing the problem and has nothing to do with the hearing aid, or the hearing aid is exacerbating it. I speak from experience. My mom started losing her hearing but didn't get a hearing aid. The the nausea, vomiting, couldn't stand up without falling down. 911 had to come more than once because she couldn't get off the floor. She eventually had to have her middle ear removed and lost the hearing in that ear. It's hereditary and the only cure is surgery, but before you chalk it up to the hearing aid, be checked for Meniere's.

- POP'd by diznykd, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

This is only to people who wear hearing aids have you experienced this and what did you do about it

I have been wearing hearing aids since 1984 - hard of hearing not deaf and my speech is perfect.

All the other hearing aids were in the ear but not all the way in. If I pulled my hair back you can (could) see the hearing aid.

The one I have now (for almost 2 and a half years) is behind the ear. However, I am wondering if my motion sickness is due to the type of hearing aid I have now which is behind the ear. With the other hearing aids(in the ear) I never felt queasy when I was in the car on the highway. Now I feel queasy especially when someone else is driving.

I have Sensorineural hearing loss (nerve deafness).

- Asked by lover454, An Engaged Girl, Female, 56-65
Diet & Health / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Would my mom have access to medical records?

I'm under her insurance and I'm 19 years old. She's a nurse in the same medical group as my doctor. But she doesn't work directly for my doctor but they work with the same grouped set of doctors.

I'm going in to get birth control to help irregular periods. I'm worried if I tell my doctor I've had sex before she'll tell my mom or my mom will see it on my records. My mom still thinks I'm a virgin

I'm afraid to lie to my doctor because she could do a Pap smear or examination. What should I do? And could my mom find out?

Diet & Health / 14 hours ago Back To Top

Diet & Health / 17 hours ago Back To Top

Why is my period late

Why is my period late? I'm 19 years old and about to turn 20. My last period was September 19th. And if normally get my period around 3 to 7 days early. Which is weird cause I'm late.

I haven't had sex. Although while drunk I fell asleep with one of my guy friends and although drunk I remember a lot of what happened that night

My symptoms include:
Shakiness
Constipation
Bloating ( unsure whether it's a period symptom or from constipation.
Pain in stomach ( a general pain doesn't feel like period pain
Somewhat Stressed

My lifestyle has changed a lil bit. Been working a lot and an more even schedule than usual and I work 2nd shift. I sleep more because of that and I feel like I'm less stressed than I used to be.

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Any study tips when you're sleep deprived?

Nothing works. I don't drink coffee or red bull because both is disgusting, don't advice me that. I haven't slept all night because I woke up at 3 for no reason and my brain does not process any information because I'm so tired and I'm desperate because the exam is tomorrow.. I need immediate advice

- Asked by koekje, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

I keep waking up at weird times and I have no idea how to stop this

It is so frustrating please help.

Good morning! It's 3:00 am where I live now and I'm wide awake. This basically happens every night and I tried everything that is adviced for insomnia. I avoid cafeine after 5 pm (what's more I only drink herbal tea). I avoid screens (shut off my computer, don't watch TV.. Only read books or from paper). I don't smoke at all and haven't touched any alcoholic drinks for over a week. I have exams this week so I sort of have to be well rested.

Why does my body hate me so much? And what is the permanent cure? I'm not gonna take drugs.. Please, I'm desperate!

Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Can I change this thru exercise?

After a period of stress a few years ago I gained about 10 pounds. All that weight went to my stomach and breast area and I've been having a hard time losing it. I don't feel comfortable with the weight in my chest especially as it makes me feel top heavy. I eat pretty healthy and do light exercise but am busy with work and can't exercise as much as I probably should. How can I reduce those areas safely, any specific exercises or is lipo or surgery my option, especially for the chest?

Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

"Abundance of Caution"

abundance of caution
abundance of caution

quarantine people for 21 days, abundance of caution

incinerate every single item an ebola patient touches, abundance of caution

sterilize every inch of the airplanes used by ebola patient, abundance of caution

Allow people from West Africa to fly to America... but only if they don't have a fever and say they didn't have any contact with Ebola patients, people like Thomas Eric Duncan. If they don't have a fever, they must be safe. If they say they didn't have any contact with the Ebola virus, they must be telling the truth.
--- where's the Abundance of Caution here?

- Asked by lumine, A Player, Male, 18-21, Other Profession
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

should i work out this noon?

ok, not-so-important question but a question indeed. I usually work out Mon-Friday during my lunch break at work, i jog 3k in 26 min plus some crunches, planks and stretching. I love it. However today i feel too pretty as to get all sweat, and my hair looks shiny and nice, so I'm having second thoughts as for messing my hair and removing the make up, and feeling good inside but looking bad outside. Normally i don't care in the afternoons but today I do. On the other hand i plan to go to movies (Dracula film) with a friend from work and my diet only allows me to drink water and snack some pop corns, but i know i will feel guilty for eating that without burning enough calories. Should I?

- Asked by darlensita, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

1 2 Next