GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Diet & Health / 1 hour ago Back To Top

question for nurses: who here plans to sign up for ebola teams in their facilities?

ive been battling with this. this disease is a killer and prsents the possibility of even worse nightmares..crossbreedi ng thru animals possibly infected with other killers like rabies.not a pretty picture here

its one thing if he don't have the proper training with the proper PPE (personal protective equipment)and run the risk of infecting other patients. then I would have to refuse them. but if I do get the right training and suppies and im simply worrying about my own life then I have to remember that taking care of very sick patients is part of what I signed up for when I got into health care.

your thoughts?

- Asked by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental
Diet & Health / 20 hours ago Back To Top

Should I set the record straight?

100 years ago when I was in college a guy named Mike was driving home from a bar late one night. He was drunk, couldn't handle a turn and hit a tree and died.

He wasn't a bad guy, just made a dumb decision. In his memory his fraternity started a charity basketball tournament.

Last week I was talking to a guy who is a member of that fraternity at the college. In fact he was wearing a t-shirt from the basketball tournament and when I asked he said he was chairman of it last year.

I asked him who Mike was and he told me that Mike was out running one Saturday and a drunk driver hit him and killed him.

I've been debating whether or not to set the story straight. On one hand I'm thinking let sleeping dogs lie. But on the other hand I think there is some value to these guys knowing that one of their brothers made a dumb mistake, paid the price and it could happen to them as well.

What do you think?

- Asked by hubbyochris, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Cleveland, Executive
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

What punishment should that Ebola Maine nurse, who is now being quarantine, if she violates

The protocols?

- Asked by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Other than taking antibiotics, how do I care for a perforated ear drum?

I had to go to an Urgent Care facility yesterday because our regular doctor is closed for vacation - and I'd awakened with a severe ear-ache. The UC Dr. told me that an ear infection had perforated my ear-drum.

Other than the prescription and a copy of the charges, the clinic did not give me any sort of instructions or follow-up tips. For example, is it okay for me to go on a drive to the mountains (+6,000 ft. above sea level) this coming Friday? Is it normal to feel a little queasy-ness (feels like motion sickness)?

Any tips would be great - or where can I find any info on-line? Thanks ;)

- Asked by familygal, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Ever thought about weighing yourself in kilograms?

Seriously, the numbers sound so much smaller!

Update: October 28, 2014.
Hahaha drevil77m, classic!! We use the metric system down under but funnily enough, that particular appendage is still measured in inches. Keeping it real globally :-P

- POP'd by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

How could I lose weight?

I went to the doctors today and i gain 15 pounds, I'm overweight for a freshman. I want to lose weight and give myself a healthier life style. I need tips and advice on where to begin. Please help me.

- Asked by sarahroad72, A Thinker, Female, 18-21
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Has anyone out there had SCIATICA? What did you do? How long did it last?

Update: October 28, 2014.
Many thanks to y'all for responding. My pain was excruciating for several days -much worse at night The only thing I could do was walk around to stand it. Nothing helped: ice, heat, pills, etc. But now the pain is down from a 10 to a 5. Thanks again for letting me know I'm not alone with this malady.

- Asked by coach33, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

How could I lose weight?

Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Do you think this is a little bit odd?

I went to my doctor this morning.

The nurse took me back and said my doctor wanted me to disrobe. So I did and sat down on the examination table.

My doctor showed up in a few minutes and asked what was bothering me. I told her I had an earache. So she checked out my ear, wrote a prescription for some eardrops and told me I could get dressed.

Do you think my doctor may have a thing for me?

- Asked by themrmagoo, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

Thought it was high blood pressure because

people say your blood pressure goes up under stress ...... but WebMD's list of symptoms don't match what I felt - and they don't have an option in the symptom checker for feeling like your whole body is buzzing in a bad, non-drug-induced way and all your blood vessels are going to pop (thankfully they didn't, but I really do not want to feel like that ever again). Any ideas?

- Asked by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

1