GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 Next
Diet & Health / 5 hours ago Back To Top

I was reading somewhere that honey

can be used on small skin wounds for quick healing.

Has anyone here done this and if so what were the results?

Update: July 22, 2014.
Apparently all honey works but some like Manuka better. I'll let y'all know how this works for me. High osmolality: Honey is a saturated or supersaturated solution of sugars that has strong interaction with water molecules. The lack of 'free' water inhibits the growth of microorganisms. Hydrogen peroxide: When honey is diluted by wound exudates, hydrogen peroxide is produced via a glucose oxidase enzyme reaction. This is released slowly to provide antibacterial activity but does not damage tissue. Antibacterial phytochemicals: Some honeys still have antimicrobial activity even when hydrogen peroxide activity has been removed. The honey from Manuka trees (Leptospermum scoparium) has been found to have high levels of this antibacterial phytochemical.

- Asked by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 7 hours ago Back To Top

What has changed? I cant pinpoint it

Im 28. I feel much different than I was at 21. It was only 7 years ago. Why and how? I dont feel the same excitement, energy for life. I feel older, slower, and not as excited. My mental and physical health ironically is stronger now than it was then. "Anything" doesnt seem as possible anymore...

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 7 hours ago Back To Top

Stomach Virus ---Have you ever

narrowed it down to something that you 'recently' had eaten?

- Asked by kismet331, A Thinker, Female, 36-45
Diet & Health / 11 hours ago Back To Top

Is autism inherited rather than environmental?

I just heard on the news that in a very large study they found autism is frequently inherited from either the mother or father.

Several people I know with children on the spectrum have a family member with some form of mental illness. For instance one woman I know of has two sons with autism, both non-verbal. She is bipolar and her ex husband is schizophrenic.

Anyway news said autism linked to common genes. What do you think?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Three women from the same Credit Union has / had cancer. Coincidence?

Each woman was diagnosed within 2.5 years of the other. the first woman, in her early thirties, came down with breast cancer. She is now 2 years in remission. Within a couple of years, maybe less, the second woman, late thirties, was diagnosed with pelvic cancer; She died after surgery from a blood clot, surgery to relieve some of the pressure on her pelvic, earlier this year. The third woman, 44, was just diagnosed with colon cancer which spilled over into her liver, late last year. She has since had surgery, no chemo, but they are having to watch her. All three women have been with the credit union about the same length of time. Coincidence? or is there something in the walls?

Update: July 21, 2014.
Only 5 people work in that office.

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

when you eat the portions that the takeout places give you

can you digest it easily or does it stay in your gut like a lump of crap all day?

I think smaller meals are the way to go. Anyone here eat small meals and find that they're easier to digest than the larger, regular portions?

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

If you're on the gluten-free/low carb diet (not by choice), what would your meal plans look like?

At least I'm already down 4 lbs since Friday..I just wish there was more to choose from for breakfast since that's my best meal of the day. It used to be oatmeal but I cut that out as well -now I just buy the precooked-hardboiled eggs by the dozen because it's quick.

I'm not much of a fruit eater because of the sugar.

- Asked by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Had small amount of sleep in evening, but it wasn't enough.

Woke up in the middle of the night. Just as well I did, because I hadn't expected to fall asleep when I did, so I had to get up and brush my teeth. Since then, not been able to go back to sleep. Window open, so room isn't stuffy, or at least I can't do anything more to make it any less stuffy in this weather. Limbs feel leaden, as though I'm about to go to sleep, but they've been feeling that way for a while and it hasn't happened. Is there any way to get more sleep that won't result in my sleeping all day?

Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

What causes a sudden increase in acne?

Normally my skin is mostly clear with a few breakous once a month. Now the monthly acne is more persistent and also a bit worse than it was, plus itll happen seemingly random (not around that time). I've made no change in diet or lifestyle, I still work out, still drink water.. WTF. Is it stress/anxiety, or just a hormone change that occurs at this age? Help! =/

Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

I am not fat, I don't over eat, but I do not exactly eat healthy. I believe it is having an effect

on my energy level. I do exercise regularly (mwf). Does anyone know the name of a good, healthy, satisfying multi-vitamin that I can buy online without prescription that will be good for me? I don't eat enough fruit or veges.

- Asked by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

1 2 Next