GIVE ADVICE ON DIET & HEALTH

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1
Diet & Health / 13 hours ago Back To Top

Why does the workout feel more tiring?

I have been doing cardio for 10 days for 30 minutes. I started strength training today and was more tired than usual. Why does strength training make you more tired than cardio?

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28
Diet & Health / 23 hours ago Back To Top

Can I ask my previous dentist to pay for their mistake?

I had 3 composite fillings done back in late October of 2013. Immediately 2 of the 3 were too sore to chew on for a week so I went back about a week later and they ground down the 2 of them. I was told they would be sore for a while.

I waited and waited but the one tooth ended up hurting just as much as it did right after the filling. Finally in February I go back. She didn't seem to understand why the one hurt so much because all the fillings were so small an near the surface. She ground down the one some more and asked me if it was better now when I chewed on a wad of cotton and it hurt just as much. She said to give it some time (like 4 months wasn't enough!). She also said that as far as the hot/cold sensitivity goes that maybe I'm just one of those people who will have to deal with it. She said if the grinding down this time doesn't help then she doesn't have anything more in her bag of tricks.

Well I had enough of her and looked for a new dentist. I went in yesterday to see the new one for a general overall look at my mouth. X-rays were taken and before the dentist or hygenist told me what was up, I was able to figure it out for myself. The tooth that hurt showed a black spot under the filling which I figured was an air bubble. Sure enough, that is what the dentist told me it was as well. Why didn't my previous dentist simply do an xray to find this?

Now I need to have the filling taken out and redone but my insurance has a clause where it won't pay for filling being redone for up to 2 years so I have to pay $245 out of pocket for an error that was made by the previous dentist. Do I have a right to ask the previous dentist to cover my cost since it was their error?

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

I eat healthy and exercise!!

I have been trying to lose weight I eat better exercise but it's not coming off fast enough...what are some good ways to lose??

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Santiago
Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

spranined ankle on 03*19*2014....its now 4/17/2014 why is it taking so long too heal

my brother thinks cuz i dont care to run around the streets and exercise....etc....., )im a homebody cuz ive out grown the rippin and runnin anyway.....) my ankle will take longer to heal, is that true? i was out walking and tripped in large crack, and my ankle twisted, it got numb and it had pins and needles in it. now after a month, its still swollen by the ankle and i have slight pain up my leg. i ice it and wrap it and sleep with an ankle brace.

Diet & Health / 1 day ago Back To Top

Have you tried Shirataki noodles?

They are made from soy, and come in a variety of shapes to mimic spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair pasta, etc. sold in a cello bag in the Asian foods isle of vegan isle in store. You have to rinse several times, and just heat, not cook. They are a substitute for white/wheat flour pasta. I have tried with pretty good results for a flour and carb free side dish...just wondering...

- Asked by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Got blocked ear. Getting it syringed next week.

How many times a day do you have to put olive oil in your ears in the run-up to getting them syringed?

Update: April 17, 2014.
Presumably due to the differences in healthcare systems, a lot more medical supplies must be readily available over the counter in the States. I don't think I've ever seen hydrogen peroxide on sale in chemists' shops here, let alone ear syringes.

- Asked by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media
Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

Does fillings sometimes mess up other facial features?

I got a filling in one of the 2nd front teeth on the right top side. As the dentist was filling, I felt a pull on my nose. I put my hand up to stop him, but he did it 2 more times before stopping. I asked him about it and he said perhaps it was reflex. So a month goes by and I am experiencing issues with my snot not draining right. I can't breath out of the right side, and I have sinus pains as well as pain in the area that moved while he was filling the tooth. My question is, have you ever been through this? Has a nerve, muscle or ligament been pulled/ infected? Is there a way to fix this? Would having the tooth refilled fix this? My nose on the side effected is also a bit higher now then the other side. I tried to make an appointment today but apparently they don't open on Wednesdays so tomorrow I try again. In the meantime, can any of you give me some advice?

Diet & Health / 2 days ago Back To Top

A man is standing in a doctor's exam room

and the doctor says:

"Yes, that was very loud Mr. Trainer, but what I said is I want to hear your heart."

- Asked by A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?
Diet & Health / 3 days ago Back To Top

If you belong to the Low Carb club...

what is your diet like? What do you eat, just protein foods, veggies, and some fruit? Also, do you count carbs, if so, what is your daily intake?

If you choose to eat a limited amount of carbs, what are your choices?

1