GIVE ADVICE ON DATING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 Next
Dating / 2 hours ago Back To Top

A friend of mine is getting married in a week. He has feelings for someone else.Is this normal?

Me and this guy have been friends for 7 years. For 6 years he has had feelings for me but I was never interested in him and rejected him on three different occasions. During these times, he was both in a relationship and single.
Two years ago he met someone he works with and they began seeing each other. Everything has been going well and he is happy with her. But last October he came back into my life. We became reacquainted as friends again, messages went back and forth and soon it became apparent that his feelings were still there and my feelings had changed. For three months we spent time together. However, it was behind his girlfriends back.
In January of this year, I got a text from him saying we could only be friends. It flipped my world upside down and I couldn't understand how the guy I had now fallen in love with and apparently felt the same wasn't prepared to end things with his current girlfriend to be with me. That was were our conversations were going anyway!
We fell out, we made up, we fell out, we made up. This went on until April. I found out that had proposed to his girlfriend. He hadn't told me.
I did the usual "how could you?" And we stopped talking for a period of time. Throughout all of this he persistently got in contact with me and wouldn't leave me alone. Telling me how he felt etc.
Recently (with only a week to go until the wedding) we have seen each other, spoken, kissed etc. I feel trapped because of how I feel. I don't think he should be marrying her given how he feels. She is a safe option who provides a house that he already lives in and they work together.
Aaaaaaaggghhh!!! Help, advice, support please!!

- Asked by saramilk56, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, London
Dating / 15 hours ago Back To Top

Confused and not sure. Do you think it's his idea in a way to come back into my life slowly?

So my ex boyfriend is bring up the past when we were together and telling me he had good times and like any other relationship that can be up and down. Then he asked if i am still on pof dating site and i didn't give him the answer because it's none of his business. He says he miss me. He was asking me when can I see Miley? said not sure because you never fall through with plans. He did have a girlfriend before but never brought up the past when he was with her, but now he is. So i am guessing he is single? and other thing to he brought up is that he wants to come cuddle with Miley and me. I feel like he's stringing me alone.

- Asked by misslovely210, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Vancouver
Dating / 18 hours ago Back To Top

How sexy is voice to you?...

So we have this Sportcenter anchor here in our city, and she has the sexiest voice ever! It has this very unique resonance, it's chesty, high pitch, and sexily feminine. It's like the sexiest voice ever, kind of like Dusty Springfield, with more resonance sort of a voice. Her voice reminds me of jazz, with passionate trumpets playing. I've never heard anybody sound so sexy. I can listen to that woman talk all day long..lolz..from sunset to dawn...And don't even get me started about her green eyed blonde, angelic face..But that voice..She can nag at me all day long.. lolz..Have you ever fallen in love with someone's voice?..

- Asked by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering
Dating / 22 hours ago Back To Top

Would you say you are in a relationship with someone?

Let's say that you are having a conversation with a woman in a platonic manner.

If you are in a serious relationship with someone else (and/or not interested in the woman), would you immediately say that you have a girlfriend or somehow indicate that you are not interested during your initial conversations?

There is this guy that I like, but it has been friendly conversation (and I don't think that I'm showing any interest in that way). He hasn't mentioned a girlfriend and I haven't asked. There have been opportunities in our conversation to say whether he is with someone. Could he be holding back, because he may be interested in me?

Dating / 22 hours ago Back To Top

Older co-worker jokes with me a lot and teases me. Is he flirting?

I work with an older man, who teases me about things like my hair, political stance, clothes or even my coffee mug. He's clearly not being a bully or anything. We email or talk almost daily at work and often give each other nicknames in e-mail (Dude/Dudette are the most common... he recently called me Goddess of IT).

I've developed feelings for him over the last few months, but before I come clean I need to gauge whether he seems interested. Sometimes I'll catch him staring, but I honestly am not sure if it's at my chest or my badge, which hangs at about that level. Although my department has a ticketing system, about half the time he will e-mail me directly. I'm confused and have never been able to determine if someone is interested in me.

A couple months ago, when working on a project for him, I e-mailed him stating, "I'll be out there as soon as I can." He responded that "according to the internet, 'I'll be out there as soon as I can' is closest to, 'I'll be there as soon as I can', which are lyrics to the Muse song Unintended." He called this "just an ideal observation". I looked up the lyrics and about melted and died.... At the same time, I don't want to get hurt or compromise an excellent working relationship.

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Is it ok to meet someone you once were madly in love with ,after breaking up and moving on in life.

I was in love with a guy for almost 10 years before breaking up and going our separate ways. I recently found out ,he is in town and I really want to just see him one time. I haven't met him since many years . I'm now a married woman with 2 kids. Please help what should I do?

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Should a night club be acceptable in a relationship?

If so should it be equal for both? I'm in a relationship with a man for six years that I have a daughter with,we live together and we have 10 kids in all. When we first met he went clubbing almost five days a week, we been living together for three years, and our relationship is on the rocks, we don't trust due to past problems with women. He feels he should be able to go out with the guys once a week to a night club, I disagree. He spends slot of time with his friends through out the week and does not allow or want me to have the same freedom..He says a woman has no place being in a club every week, I tell him ither does a man, we fight all the time about this,and we're trying to settle in toa house and marriage someday. He's 34..

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

How to move on with the relationship or move on without it?

So, I have been with who I deemed the love of my life for about 10 months. At the start, I wasn't looking for a relationship and I turned him down many times but he persisted and I fell in complete unconditional love. He was very sweet, cute, charming. We moved in together. I met his family 3 states away. Which is when trouble started, during a night in a big city bar, his old college friend was being a complete, pardon my french, b**ch to me. She made me feel like complete poop because I am in nursing school and she is in medical school. She put me down in every way and even though he was probably never going to see her again after this trip, he took up for her. She had criticized my profession, our relationship, and anything to do with it. She rubbed it in and when I told him, he just said he couldn't see that happening. He took up for her when I, from a small country town and never having met any of these people, felt so alone and wronged. Now, I know how women are, so I am not butt-hurt over the altercations, but the loyalty was gone from the relationship. He could have just stabbed me in the heart. Then we got home and he left for job training. I understand he was busy, but I felt wrong about everything because he had been acting so weird and mean. He waited until that training to tell me he wasn't in love with me anymore. I mourned, but I moved out. I got a job in my hometown with the intentions of building my life again so I would be okay without him. He came back and wanted to work on things because he couldn't imagine being without me. I still stayed in my hometown, working and going to school as we drove back and forth between our places to see each other. The weekend before last, everything seemed great! I was falling for him again, I thought he was being genuine and wanting to work on this. The next weekend, he wouldn't even come to see me...he made other plans with other people and used any excuse possible. He texted me the next day and told me he needed to talk with me and that he would come to my place. I knew what he meant, so I wanted to go there to make sure I could get my things and feel like I had some sort of dignity left. Sure enough, I get there and he has all of my stuff packed and tells me things still haven't changed and that he doesn't see himself going to his assignment next year and that he was sorry. As I cried and made sure I had everything to pack, he kept saying this felt wrong...he didn't want to be without me. I kept my dignity and packed up and left. I changed everything on my online profiles...sounds silly, but I was over this bull! Then the next night he calls me and cries, saying he is so sorry. He needed me and he didn't know what he was thinking. We've met and had dinner in his town. Then the next day he said he wanted to come to me, which I expected meant him picking me up from my house...and he didn't. He went to the restaurant, and I met him but it seemed so weird he didn't pick me up. We still had a good night, went to places of memories. Everything seemed well and okay, but I feel so weird lately like there is this block preventing me from letting it all go. I feel like I am on eggshells. I must mention that I am his first ever serious girlfriend. I don't know what to do...I feel like everyone is saying to dump him, but it is not that easy.

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

We were friends, developed strong feelings, had sex, but he's still shy around me?

I'm 25 years old and I am dating a guy who is 26. I was introduced to him by a mutual friend who actually had a crush on me.

Anyways, I knew he thought I was attractive, because he made it obvious and even told a few friends. He wasn't my type, but I loved to be around him because he was so fun/funny. I ended up developing feelings for him and we finally kissed one day and I made the move to have sex with him (we had been hanging out like every day for like 3 months prior). He told me he had liked me for a while, etc.

But the problem is HE'S SO DAMN SHY AROUND ME. When we are out he's very outgoing, he's loud, the life of the party, etc. But around me, he gets so nervous. He admitted that he gets like that when he really cares about someone. But how do I get him to break out of this shell? I've already made the first move to kiss and have sex. He holds my hand and always puts his arm around me, but i'm not used to having to kind of make the first move with guys. I really like him, but if he doesn't loosen up I don't think this is going to work.

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Just wondering something this morning...

Most people just don't go around thinking somebody likes them romantically right? There has to be some type of vibe or action a person gives off that would make a person think this way correct?

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

1 2 3 Next