GIVE ADVICE ON DATING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 Next
Dating / 4 minutes ago Back To Top

Issues with emotional intimacy and fear of being vulnerable

I am a very open, positive and friendly person. I love to crack jokes and make people giggle with a little silliness. My friends enjoy having me around and want to hang out with me; my work colleagues like me - we have good working relationships and help each other and have fun. But when it comes to personal relationships, I am starting to realize that I fail.
I have been divorced for 4 years. My ex husband was a serial cheater and liar, betrayed my trust and broke my heart. I believe that has affected me in that I pause, for too long, whenever someone wants to get close to me. I've lost touch with about 4 men over the past year who were very interested and when they tried to close in for emotional intimacy, I stop; or say never mind; or go quiet- not figuratively necessarily but I do things to sabotage the closeness. Then they withdraw and exit. This doesn't affect sex, (emotional unit impact not needed for see) although i hadn't slept with the guys because trying to get emotionally close first- but I ciuldnt be open.
Any ideas on best way to overcome this? Do I need counselling? I am not bitter holding a holding a grudge against my ex- he sees our daughters freely (not regularly because he moved away upon divorce) but I treat him like family that gets in my nerves- tolerate with a smile.
I really want to love someone deeply and be loved deeply. How do I learn to let go of my fear so I can let it happen?

- Asked by suzze75, A Creative, Female, 36-45, London, Who Cares?
Dating / 6 hours ago Back To Top

He texts his male friend around 30 times per day! Opinions?

and he communicates with his girlfriend once or twice per day. He also communicates the male friend atleast with one call and 2 texts during his one hour date with his girlfriend......opinion s people?

Dating / 10 hours ago Back To Top

What does that mean?

There is a guy in my college he is very handsome,talented and every girls dream man. At the first i didnt care because he is 10 years older than me but now iam just confused. He keeps looking at me whenever we r in the same place sometimes he make really strong eye contact that i should break it even my friend notice that she kept asking why he stares like that and my answer is i dont know.. maybe this sounds weird but he is a teacher in my college!!!. Iam just asking is this a sort of (he likes me) situation or what? Because he stares as a man to a female not a teacher to a student!!.. i didnt tell anyone about my feelings because iam embarrassed but he is in my mind all the time and i keep thinking about him and i just dont like it i dont because i dont know i just iam really confused ??

Dating / 12 hours ago Back To Top

So there's a guy I like and he likes me too but he won't ask me out for some reason...

There's a guy who I have liked for a really long time (like more than a year) and I recently found out from one of his friends that he likes me back. He is really shy but we get along really well and are good friends. Anyway I went to talk to him about it and he said he liked me but didn't have time for a girlfriend. I know he is really busy but I really want to go out with him. Its also possible that he does have time he is just scared of having a girlfriend because he is pretty shy so I don't think he really knows what to do in this type of situation.

Also last summer I asked him out and we went on a date and it was fun and stuff but he never reciprocated with asking me to do anything.

What do you think I should do? Like should I ask him out, or wait for him to maybe ask me out, or just try to move on?

- Asked by emr842, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?
Dating / 14 hours ago Back To Top

Can you report entrapment?

Is it possible to report entrapment? What do you do if you feel that you are being entrapped?

- Asked by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering
Dating / 22 hours ago Back To Top

Ladies please help????

How do I exactly talk dirty or even just turn my guy on? Help?

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

My boss says he thinks the world of me, I can do no wrong, and tells me I'm pretty.

He is constantly teasing me, playfully touching me, he stares at me and glances at me from across the room. He always comments on how good he thinks I look. He told a coworker that he knew I'm friends with that im an attractive girl. He hasn't asked me out though?

Mostly I wanted to know if I can say for sure he is flirting. I want to be sure I don't let my coworkers see that I like him but I agree entirely that dating the boss is stupid. I am an assistant manager and he is Corporate vp.

Um, he's not married.. What exactly makes me look like a whore? I have not responded to his "advances" and also never said I would say yes if he did ask me out. I ask this question because I am a single girl at work who wants to understand flirting better. I don't catch on quickly to guys flirting because I don't get it very often. In more detail I would like to know if this is an Example of a sexual advance or just a harmless guy with a crush. I'd like it if you weren't rediculous and hateful when responding to my questions

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

What can I do while living with my parents?

I'm a female in my mid/late 20s living with my parents. I'm being respectful to them by not spending the night with a guy I'm dating until its been 3 months later. Yet there's always a parent who's at home so its kinda tough to be intimate anyways and I don't want to do anything in a car

I meant to say was the guy is not going to spend the night with me in my bed at my parents house while they're home of course, just going away with him to his place or a hotel to spend the night/weekend after 3 months of dating out of respect

Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

I need some advice on my boyfriends actions

for cheating and if he is just using me for a place? I been seeing this guy for three months and things were going good until I found out he texted a chick named Tracey and she responded and i confronted him. I was pretty upset and the fact he went to see her behind my back makes it worst when they had a little history together. He says he has been hurt by her and wants revenge on how he got his heartbroken. We been pretty closes but had arguments. Not sure if I should keep trying or give up? Just feel lost and confused. We live together. He is basically home everyday but everytime we go out, he'll look at trucks that Tracey drives. But why like someone else if he lives with me? I hate cheaters and I know he sounds like one. He was smoking weed with Tracey and than after came home and had a shower and I comfronted him and he said we just hangout and no sex. I roll my eyes. I guess cheaters don't change do they?

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Vancouver
Dating / 1 day ago Back To Top

Why do guys disapear

I need advice one minute my boyfriend texted me good morning and saying how much he love and care about me. Then all of a sudden he ignore me for a couple days and when I text him back asking if everything ok he text back quick saying yea and apologizes and then I text him back saying be honest is everything ok. No replied so then two days later I called him didn't answer the first time but answer the second time when I called but said he would called me back never did, Then I text him how I feel saying I feel like u don't care about this relationship and communication is key in the relationship I know something is up but wont tell me have a nice life and ever since then I havnt heard from him. What is going on ? Is it my fault he wont talk to me?

1 2 3 4 Next