GIVE ADVICE ON DATING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 Next
Dating / 2 hours ago Back To Top

Does he really want my number?

So for 3 months I've been snapchating a male friend. I met him through mutual friends. Sometimes I'll screenshot him and he sends me sad faces cause he doesn't remember what he sent me (all our snaps are PG haha). We snapchat almost everyday. Well I sent him a snapchat how I'd love to screenshot people without letting the sender know and he said "give me your number, I'm never snapchating you again" (he was not actually mad). I'm just wondering whether I'm just reading into this.

- Asked by nikki41024102, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28
Dating / 3 hours ago Back To Top

Do this guy like this girl?

I am good friends with a guy who ia a theater/tv actor. He is quite an established actor on TV and is a one of the hearthrobs among girls these days.
Hes 29. And single. Hes a different type of guy. Reserved and quiet type though he has a fun loving side too.
Hes pretty intellectual. And he has a good character. Never has any involvements with any of his female actresses.

But recently in a mythological show he is doing, he is paired opposite a new girl.
The new girl is 23 years old. And shes completely new. Has no modeling or acting experience.
She was chosen soley on the basis of her looks and acting in her audition. Shes quite pretty. And he has lots of scenes with her so they rehearse together.
And he is super flirty with her. She brushes it off but hes always flirting with her and complimenting her. Something he NEVER did.

Many guys of the show seem to like her and particularly the lead actor is fawning over her. Which my friend does not like. He said hes posessive about her as his 'costar' but why possessive about her if shes just a co-actor?

The girl is best friends with a female coactress and she never pays attention to them but my friend is always watching her. He says shes very cute and intelligent. And he can relate to her.

They have their birthdays in July. Both of them. And they hail from the same state as well.

Does he like her? I m jjust asking so no judgement.

Dating / 9 hours ago Back To Top

Started dating been only a week, how often should I call her?

I recently started talking to her and we've hit it off when we're together. She says that she is enjoying herself and would like to see where things can go from here. She said it takes her a long time to decide how she feels like a month to two months of dating and courting. I don't want to seem needy but if its gonna take that long, I'm afraid that she might lose interest. We've been out several times and its always been great but I'm starting to feel the pressure on how I can keep making it a better time than the last. She is a professional so her days are busy and she is in bed by 10pm. I enjoy talking to her on the phone but I've heard from dating experts that talking on the phone too much will push you into the friend zone. That's like the dead zone to cell phones. lol! I've tried to go a day without any contact but it drives me nuts. I need your input guys like stat! I'm going nuts over hear.

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Miami, Retail
Dating / 10 hours ago Back To Top

How do you deal with someone who says they want to be with you but is still hurt from an ex bf?

Read my other post and you'll see that this girl is about to give me an ulcer lol. I've known her for three years so we are way past the getting to know you stage. I have feelings for her and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way but she's going with the whole start as friends and see where it goes... She got divorced last year, finalized last year but the end started almost two years ago, and I knew she wasn't ready to date then but after another guy pursued I tried and she picked him over me. That was six months ago and she was upset that I was done with her but I needed to just get away. Then he broke her heart and she came back after me. I still didn't hardly talk to her for a month after she started trying but after she asked me out I gave in.

It's been a few weeks since we started going out and texting almost daily and we kind of had it out Sunday, I was about ready to end it over a male friend cuz I told her I thought she was just going to do the same thing to me again. She opened up a bit saying she was scared to love and trust etc... and I told her she scares the shit out of me. So she says she has no feelings for her male friend and the only reason she doesn't want more with me now is cuz she is hurt and not ready to trust/love. And she kind of baits me saying I understand if you don't want to wait on me :(. I think she could tell I was about ready to end it that night so the next time I see her she gives me this huge loving hug and later texts me telling me how much she needed that.

I'm unsure how to treat her. She says start as friends but then we settle right into texting everyday right off the bat and it seems like she expects that we are going to go out on the weekends. She's relatively affectionate; gets close to me, holds my hand, rests her arm on my leg etc... but I haven't tried to kiss her yet. I say nice things to her but still hold back and I try not to text her too much. She says she needs time so I just don't know if I should keep up the status quo for a while and not try to kiss her or be more affectionate or if I should step it up cuz for being friends first it sure feels in a lot of ways like the beginning of a relationship.

- Asked by aron77, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Celebrity
Dating / 11 hours ago Back To Top

Should I be concerned about her male friend?

I've been seeing this girl that I've known for years for a few weeks now and it is going well but she is saying start with friendship and see where it goes... but we are pretty much dating. She picked someone over me a while back but now has me talking to her again so I'm looking for reasons to run even if I don't want to.

So long story short I didn't make plans with her this weekend cuz I was put off by this male friend and she kind of guilted me sunday saying I left her alone. I said I felt bad and she said she was just kidding that when I didn't call she spent the evening with her friend, her ex husband watches her kids at her house on sundays while she is at work and then into the evening so she won't stay there when she gets off. I couldn't go on not saying anything so I told her how it made me jealous her hanging out with him and that I think she is just going to pick someone over me again. She says he is just a friend and they even talked about it so there is no confusion. But she calls me a friend too so I said I don't know why you pulled me back in if you are talking to someone... just pick him, I was pretty much done at that point. She gets mad and calls me crazy but goes on about how he is just a friend and she doesn't have any feelings for him and the only reason she is calling me a friend is cuz she is still hurt from her ex boyfriend, broke up a few months ago, so she wants to go slow, basically that she wants to be with me but she needs time.

I feel better after getting that off my chest and she has been more affectionate since then but I'm still bothered by this. She knew him when I wasn't talking to her, maybe for a long time idk, so if she wanted something she could have had it without coming back to me but she still pulled me back in. Yet she spent much of this weekend with him cuz I didn't make plans with her. Should I be concerned?

Dating / 14 hours ago Back To Top

Emotional cheating, looking around.. how would you react?

Boyfriend of a year was acting weird. I did the terrible and looked at his phone. He has a plenty of fish and recently has been messaging four or five girls.

I brought it up he said it was him trying to find friends for us. Big fight. He swears he would never cheat (hes been cheated on more than once). Today he has been way more affectionate, kinder, altogether different. How would you react?

Dating / 14 hours ago Back To Top

How do you know if guy is really interested in you or is just being friendly?

Is there a sure fire way to tell if a guy is really interested in you or if he is just being friendly? What are some of the signs?

Dating / 15 hours ago Back To Top

So, I have some single friends.

These guys use dating sites a lot. One in particular dates all these girls. His ostensible goal is to find a relationship, but I'm exhausted at his tales of the failed attempts. I met many of them, and many were very attractive.

After all the years watching him, my consensus is that dating sites don't work for him because 1) if she's our age and beautiful, there's got to be another problem, and 2) the folks on the site have that whiff of desperation.

Ironically, I meet SO MANY cool single girls hiking. Sometimes, I'm like "Wow, if I were looking for...." Double ironically, my friend was supposed to hike with me this weekend and cancelled. There must be 5 single chicks coming on the trip.

Strange.

Thoughts?

- Asked by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting
Dating / 21 hours ago Back To Top

You make the call ...

My boyfriend and his ex divorced over 2 years ago. The marriage was tension filled and stressful; they did not get along. This was not a loving, happy situation.

Toward the end of their marriage, she had an affair. Whether it was physical or emotional is not clear, but she most definitely had a new love interest and my boyfriend was happy to let her go and move on. At that point, he wanted out as well.

As per the terms of their divorce, they agreed upon dual custody of their 2 children and have managed to maintain an amicable relationship for the sake of their kids. She stayed with the boyfriend for awhile, but that relationship eventually crashed and burned pretty badly.

By the time this happened, I had already entered the picture. She has never questioned my boyfriend about me or outwardly tried to interfere. As far as we know, she has not discouraged the kids in any way either.

My boyfriend has emphasized many times that his marriage was miserable and that his feelings for her died a long time ago. While he doesn't have any ill will toward this woman, he frequently jokes about her being "some other guy's problem" and wishes she would find a guy. He's happy that they get along but contends that as the kids get older, their need to be in contact should be less and less.

The reason this has come up on multiple occasions is because she is always around. She stays in constant contact with his family and still wants to be involved in all of the family gatherings. She texts my boyfriend non-stop ALL the time. While this is usually due to kid-related topics, it never, ever ends. If the kids are with her, she is constantly texting camera photos of them; if the kids are with him, she is texting him questions.

I asked him point blank if he thought she was doing this on purpose to make me feel uncomfortable, but he insists that is not the case. He has repeatedly said that she would never do that because she has no feelings left for him. My thought is that maybe it's more of a competitive thing because of my role in her children's lives. Either way, I have struggled to understand why this woman (who wanted out of the marriage) feels compelled to text her ex every single time the wind changes direction. I understand when it's about the kids, but I cannot comprehend the amount of contact; so often it's nothing urgent or relevant.

To anyone who has been in a similar situation, what does this sound like to you? Is she trying to stay front and center in my boyfriend's life? Is she resentful that he has someone and she doesn't or that I am taking "her place"? Or quite possibly, could she just really want to maintain a friendship?

I want to believe that this is all on the up-and-up and there is no hidden agenda, but I'm really interested in hearing about others with similar experiences.

Dating / 21 hours ago Back To Top

does he not like me anymore? what do i do?

there's this guy i've been talking to at university for about a month in a half. things were going good, we'd talk almost everyday and he would ask me to hang out and would visit me in the library. we've hung out sober more than drunk, and he never tried to pull anything while we were just hanging out. it seems as though he always asked to hang out more than i did. last weekend, we had s*x while drunk, i texted him the next night saying have fun at this event he had to go to, and after he said thanks i haven't heard from him and it's been 4-5 days. i'm also supposed to be living across the country this summer so i do not know if that could be part of it, or if he just does not like me anymore. what do you think it is? what should i do? thanks (=

1 2 3 4 Next