GIVE ADVICE ON DATING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 Next
Dating / 3 hours ago Back To Top

I was thinking about getting back together with my ex but my friends oppose

I want to get back together with my ex but I know my friends won't be happy about it and I dont know what to do abouth the situation

Dating / 8 hours ago Back To Top

Do you have any experience dating man in law enforcement? I'm 6 mos in and having a blast.

The schedule is crazy, not a lot of time. Lots he cannot discuss. He's big shot.

- Asked by sensaielizabeth, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Executive
Dating / 9 hours ago Back To Top

I know it's nothing, I'm too old to be cared for

and this guy knows I'm working on a project and called to let me know he met a gy in the field that might be able to get me some discounts, background he also surprised me by getting me a Xmas gift, after that he surprised me with a night out ...dinner, drinks, dancing. He texts me to be careful when I'm doing dangerous things. I know he doesn't care for me in a love type of way, but wold it be uncalled for to be inspired that there are nice guys in the world? I don't anticipate hearing from him again, but a passing appreciation that perhaps kind people do still exist...would that be wrong?

Dating / 9 hours ago Back To Top

is he flirting. Can you help?

So i Own a bakery and make cupcakes and pastries for a living.

This guy I've met a couple of times through friends keeps telling me that I owe him a cupcake. Oh he also likes a lot of my photos on Facebook.

Is he flirting with me or just playing around?

Dating / 11 hours ago Back To Top

what should I do , should I leave him alone or try to work it out because I love him

Hi , My name is Megan I've been seeing this guy we've been together on and off for a year now but we're not in a exclusive relationship. He's recently has told me that he has been seeing his ex while me and him were together. Theyre not seeing each other anymore now but he admitted of still having feelings for her. Where're not together anymore at the moment but I still love him. I just don't know how to deal with his ex still being in the picture , also I feel a little betrayed that he was still was seeing her behind my back. What do I do? Please help..

Dating / 11 hours ago Back To Top

I like two guys at once and I don't know what to do

There's these two guys that I like and I don't know if it's bad that I like them at the same time. im going to the movies with one but I want to send the other an anonymous rose at school for Valentine's Day should I just stop
Trying to get one of them to like me back or can I just see where each one goes I don't want to give up
Both and I don't know how to decide between them I started liking them at the same time so I can't just choose I need advice on if I told one of them that I liked them then would I have to stop flirting and stuff with the other

Update: February 01, 2015.
The thing is is that I don't know if they like me back I haven't told either of them that I like them that's why it's hard to decide what to say to them or do should I tell both of them that I like them

- Asked by sunnytrick91, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21, Vancouver, Student
Dating / 12 hours ago Back To Top

Stuck in a debate with my heart..

I started seeing this girl last summer.. We met in class together, both noticed each other but didn't say much. I thought she was engaged. We ended up having a 2 day class at the end of summer and boom both in that class. Which we started talking and hit it off extremely well. The most intense two days I have experienced with connection. We started to see each other, and soon after she told me she has a child. Which I soon find that he is only 5 months old and the father is a pain in the ass, make her life miserable as he can type.
She said she didn't tell me about the child right away because she didn't want me to instantly judge her and not get to know her. Which I understand. So I did end up dating her until November. The whole time I did I constantly got shit from her ex. It just got to be too much to the point where it was hard to feel a connection to the child. I think it would have been different if he wasn't in the picture, but he was. I didn't think I was ready to have children too so that played a big role in my decision to step away.
We continued to talk because we both wanted to be friends, but it became too much recently and jealousy kicked in on both sides. Always talking about seeing other people and such. And I decided the best thing to do was leave it at what it is, and walk away. So I apologized for my wronging in our relationship, said I could have gone about some things differently, and wished her the best.
It's been about a month, and I still can't get her picture out of my mind. I know for the sake of me not knowing if I am ready for children, it was the right thing to do by walking away. But at the same time, I've never felt a love so strong toward anyone. Especially how we fell so quickly for each other. It makes me question whether I am actually not ready for children, or it was just simply the "ex" causing a disruption for me making a connection with the child. Its so hard to walk away from someone who betters you, and you better them. We have always pushed each other to become a better person. Always there for each other no matter what the situation.
I guess I am at a turning point in my life. Just graduated, and I don't quite know what I want out of life. I've always wanted to move south, but now when I think of moving, it feels like I'm leaving my heart behind. I don't want anybody else at this point and I don't think I will for a long time.
I sit here and think I should be excited, I'm only 23, I have my whole life to live, I have so much to experience right now. But I am left feeling like none of that even matters.
I am torn between two worlds.. I don't know what is right, or what is wrong. I am trying my best to achieve greatness without regret.
I don't necessarily think this is a question. I guess I needed to get this off my chest and see what others think of the situation and hear your opinions. I guess anything will help me to feel more alive at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Dating / 12 hours ago Back To Top

Is he hitting on me?

I met this guy at college, let's call him Connor...

He's there with a football scholarship which is cool. We're both taking a course in health science and he asked me to help him with his studies; I didn't know him a this point, but I agreed.

The thing I noticed within the first half an hour about him is that he doesn't need help with his studies, he's smart enough on his own. Connor's always inviting me to parties, and I said no for like a month than finally said yes.

So at this party he would not leave me alone, which was cool when I didn't know anyone else but then some of my friends showed up and they clearly felt uncomfortable with him there.
He kept touching, not inappropriately, just like touching. Maybe he's just like that but it makes me feel weird.

Connor's a really cool guy and I like him. I'm like fairly certain I'm not attracted to him.
And I think he tried to kiss me.
I mean he definitely leaned in.

Am I reading too much into things? He's probably just being nice. He probably just wants to be my friend.
I don't know
What do you think?

- Asked by cityboy1310, A Creative, Male, 18-21, Los Angeles, Student
Dating / 13 hours ago Back To Top

Ugh, I just need some help on how to figure out if I should tell him I like him :/

He lives across the street from me. Im very close to his family, his sister and cousin are my best friends. The family always makes comments about us dating. He looks at me and looks away grinning. He gets red when people make comments about us dating. He checks me out which idek if that counts as anything haha. He has found comfort in me and expressed emotions with me which is not something he ever does. One usually cant tell how he feels or what hes thinking... ever. I care about him so immensely, and would love to figure out if he cares about me as well, but im quite nervous. Hes not a guy who has ever dated or talked about girls hes in my grade, so idk if i can out right tell him or what i should do.

- Asked by A Creative, Female, Who Cares?
Dating / 15 hours ago Back To Top

How could I be soooo wrong?

So there is this guy, of course. Let's call him John for the sake of the story.

My local drugstore. Cashier guy. I kinda fell in love at first sight. Well, he noticed that I'm from the neighborhood and that I go frequently he started saying hi to me. One day I was about to check out with his colleague but he directed me to go check out with John and took on the next person behind me (WTF? clearly there was nothing wrong with his cashier box).
Last saturday when I checked out he said "nice" pointing at his own arm because I have a sleeve tattoo.

Long story short: he was showing signs of interest.

Today, after many trips, I grew a pair and I wrote down my number when I checked out. I did it in a very subtle and unnoticeable way so that no-one would realize or he wouldn't get in trouble or anything. Almost so that HE wouldn't even realize that I was writing down my number. Because I'm shy and I knew that I was going to be embarrassed when I ran out.

There was a lot of people. It was busy. I borrowed his blue pen and I wrote my number on a coupon that had like blue things on the back... and I slid the pen back with the coupon underneath (there was no reason for me to give him any coupons soo go figure). Maybe he didn't even took the time to actually look at the coupon and thought that I was just giving him a coupon and threw it away? He did say thanks but I don't think he even looked at the coupon when he said it so I really don't think he even noticed. I mean he didn't give me any signs of aknowledgement. Is that insane to think?

BTW this time when I got to his cashier we said hi. He kinda "relaxed" because he "knows me". We did not say much else but we exchanged looks and he sighed like saying "what a day" and I kinda gave him a supportive look back.

Would it be too bad to ask him (next saturday, it's the only time I seem to find him there) if he saw what I wrote today? That is, if he doesn't write all week. I am not usually wrong with my gut.

What's your opinion on this whole thing?

Thanks!

PS.1: Don't be too harsh on me, please.
PS.2: English is not my native language so please be forgiving about my language use or "cashier" missuse idioms whatever. Thanks! :)

Update: January 31, 2015.
PS.3: all the cashiers are behind one same and shared counter with 4 cashiers one next to the other. You make just one line that goes to the first available. It's easy for everyone to hear everything. Small space. I don't want to embarrass him or myself. Yes he could have a girlfriend, I haven't talked about that nor will I ever have the time while he's working.

1 2 3 4 Next