GIVE ADVICE ON DATING

Select the types of questions to add to your feed:

Topic:
All
Career
Dating
Diet & Health
Family & Parenting
Married Life
Sex & Intimacy
Friendship
Race, Religion & Politics
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else
Recipes & Entertaining
Pets
Style & Beauty
House & Home
In The News
Age:
All
College
20s
30s
40s +
Gender:
For Women and Men
For Women Only
For Men Only
Rating:
PG-rated Questions Only
R-rated Questions Only
All Questions

POP'd Questions:
Display
Hide

Sort Questions

Close
1 2 3 4 Next
Dating / 27 minutes ago Back To Top

What should I say, what should I do ?

I am 22! I haven't seen my boyfriend in months and I wanna go visit him he's a few hours away BUT I have really stricked parents ! I know I'm old enough to do what I want but I'm living under their rules since I live their and I don't want them looking at him bad or anything like if he's the one making me go ! I hate lying but I don't know what lie to say for them to believe me ?

Dating / 1 hour ago Back To Top

Any thoughts on this?

If two past lovers can remain friends, either they never were in love or they still are.

Quote floating around the internet.

Dating / 3 hours ago Back To Top

Girlfriends mother hates me and makes up lies about me

Girlfriends mother will not speak or see me but makes up bad stories about me and my girlfriend is torn between her mom and me.

Dating / 4 hours ago Back To Top

Should I call this girl right away or should I wait to not look desperate....

So I am talking to this girl from match.com, and we ve been texting back and forth all day. We've messaged back and forth for about 2 weeks and I just got her phone number yesterday. Today, after texting her for the first time, She says she's better on the phone and wants me to call her? Do I call her? Is this a test? She also wants to meet up in the city for a painting class she is fond of on Sat. (She does respond quite quickly to text messages and seems talkative for what its worth)....TIA

- Asked by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Chicago, Medical / Dental
Dating / 5 hours ago Back To Top

Is it too soon for my widowed dad to be trying to date?

My mom passed away from cancer in June.

My dad is already trying to date. I don't think he's had time to grieve and heal. He's been drinking heavily.

I found out he's been trying to meet other women with online dating sites.

Is this too soon? They were married 28 years.

Dating / 5 hours ago Back To Top

Great First Date, but No Follow Up.

I went on a date with a super-great guy. I know him through my 2nd cousin's husband, who is his best friend. He was the one who asked me out on the date and pursued me by calling and texting, so obviously he's attracted to me, at least physically.

He comes from a good family with whom he's very close (always a big plus); he lives in a nice house (not sure if he rents or owns) in an upper-middle-class town; he's college-educated with a great job; he's chivalrous, sweet, and polite; and I am certain he'd treat any woman he loved like gold.

Anyway, we went on a 1st date Sunday and, at least for me, it went really well. We chatted for over an hour - maybe 2 - over food and drinks, and then went to an arcade.

Originally, he wanted to take me to another restaurant after the arcade, but I was too hungry to wait, so we ended up eating at the restaurant next to the arcade; since I was too full afterwards, we didn't go to the other restaurant, and instead we went walking around the mall.

When he dropped me off, he didn't try to kiss me, which I appreciate, because I don't like to kiss on a first date. We hugged, both said we had a fun time, and I don't remember exactly what he said before we parted, but it was either "I'll call you" or "We'll talk soon," or something.

Now, 2 days later, I haven't heard from him. I'm not going to contact him, because I figure a man will pursue a woman he's interested in. What do you guys think? Is he uninterested or is it possible he's taking his time so he doesn't appear clingy?

Dating / 8 hours ago Back To Top

I am tired of being by myself.

I want a man. I am single and there are no men here in this small town. I am scared to do a dating site plus I can not afford that BUT what do I do? There are a couple of men who I kind of like but at the same time, I am a little scared with all the past experiences i've had. Lord help me.

Dating / 11 hours ago Back To Top

Can anyone guess or tell me what she means?

I haven't had much experience in dating and a girl from work asked me out on a date. It was a lot of fun and we talked until 3 in the morning. The next day when I saw her at work, she kind of ignored me so I asked if everything was ok, and she said yes. So I text her a few days later and asked her out because I didn't have the nerve to ask her to her face. She said yes and we had another fun time and talked until past 3 this time. She then turned to me and told me I have to be sexy. I asked her what she meant but she said you know. The problem is I don't know. What does she mean? Does anyone here know what she meant?

- Asked by smllpkg005, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25, Ottawa, Financial / Banking
Dating / 14 hours ago Back To Top

How do I get over someone that never existed?

I dumped my narcissistic ex bf and I still cry when I remember the person I thought he was. I really wanted to stay with that person but he never existed. I want to get over this fake person but I fell in love with him. I finally woke up from all the lies in our relationship and I let him go. Yet the idea of the person he made up still lingers on me.

Dating / 14 hours ago Back To Top

My first love lives overseas.

When if was a kid, I was living in Canada for a couple of years. This boy lived in my neighborhood and I had a major crush on him. It was cute and funny at that time.
A couple of years ago, I moved back to my hometown in Europe and I started chatting with him for about a year ago. He knew that I had a crush on him, but as I grew older, I realized that I liked him way more that I could just call him a crush.
I graduated high school this year and I want to study in my hometown at a university. Today I spoke to him and I decided to tell him that I still like him and he told me that it's really too bad that I live so far away, because he had always thought that I'm really pretty and awesome. And that he hopes our paths will cross one day.

As I previously mentioned, I have attended to an university in my hometown, but I have a second option, I can go to Canada aswell and study there, but at the beginning of summer I already made the decision that I will stay here, because I'm not ready for a major step like that. The biggest problem is that my Canadian visa expires in march and then that's it, I will not be able to live there, just visit.

I feel so bad, because I want to see him! It's weird that I fe like this, I mean, who knows if things would work out, but the thought of him will haunt me forever!

What should I do??

- Asked by lauracable15, A Thinker, Female, 18-21

1 2 3 4 Next