Dating a Seal
Dating / 4:09 PM - Thursday September 30, 2004

Dating a Seal

I receantly met a Navy Seal who I am crazy about but all my friends say they just run around on their women when they travel. Anyone out there agree or disagree and what is it like to date on of these guys.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Well, first make sure he's a SEAL. Not that I doubt the integrity of your boyfriend, but a lot of men have used that line to try to pick up women.

xxxxxxxxxx/index.htm

Also, who cares what the stereotype says? It depends on what you think the guy would do.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Washington, DC, Student

sorry, the majorty of navy seal, militry, arm forces cheat when they travel. I have lots of friends there, and they all do it.
There great people they have wives and familys and they do it anyway. Why is beyond me, but it true.

- Response by A Sportif, Female, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

First off, there is no way you can determine how this one man will act based on the actions of other Navy Seals or military folks. Yes, it is true that anyone spending significant amounds of time away from their signficant other are more likely to cheat (this certainly isn't just a military thing). There are two other things to consider about Navy Seals - 1. the navy looks for folks of significant integrity for that job. 2. They are trained to turn off their emotions. Sooo, on one hand you have a good gauge of their integrity, on the other you have someone who you know must be able to turn off emotions (and thus potentially not feel as guilty about cheating).
Again, these are generalizations - you never know what one person will do based on stereotypes. Good luck.

- Response by treat76, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Atlanta, Technical

It depends on the guy. I know my man was a Marine and he never cheated on his gf at the time. We had a convo about cheating and how I felt I could never date anyone who's in the military..and he said it just depends on the person..if he's focused on being with you and not cheating then he'll find other things to do. I know that Navy Seals are no joke when it comes to what they do. They are the most elite force in the Navy and do all sorts of crazy demolitions underwater and have extensive training. If you want to flirt a little, ask him to show you some holds. My bf and I do that all the time...wrestle and he shows me Marine Martial Arts holds. It's fun even though I can never win (he's 6'4 and I'm 5'5 and he's well trained and big and I'm not trained and little). Try it out...see how it goes. One of my best friends is engaged to a Navy officer and has been seeing him for years. He leaves to go on-ship for months and months at a time and they have enough mutual trust and respect to make things work. It's not easy but see how it goes. Good luck.

- Response by greengurl420, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Take it from me, all guys on extended orders fool around. Don't think otherwise. It's not just Navy Seals. It's any branch of the military.

...Oh, by the way, the enlisted women do it too.

- Response by maxx, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Philadelphia, Medical / Dental

I disagree it depends on the man, I spent over twenty years in the military and I can tell not all men cheat on their wives just because they are away from home. You tend to hang with the ones that have the same values as yourself and you do things that don't put you in that situation where you are even tempted.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Norfolk, Other Profession