What is a thick girl?
Intimacy (Rated-PG) / 10:49 PM - Sunday December 12, 2004

What is a thick girl?

In the world of personal ads, what on earth is at thick girl? I assume they are referring to her physical appearance and not her intellect, yes?

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

thick girls have the hour glass shap, with protruding breasts and ass. Latina, British, Indian, Middle Eastern, African girls are mostly considered thick..... in other words, very very very sexy.

- Response by kama210185, A Creative, Male, 29-35

A thick girl has a meaty mid section and meaty thighs. On some women, this looks very, very attractive. However, she is not "fat" -- she just has extra pounds and is able to wear them quite well.

- Response by future, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Technical

Not fat, but shapely and well proportioned, far from pettite.

I hope I helped some.

- Response by melman124, A Player, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Civil Service

You would be correct. When people say "thick" it usually means someone they feel could stand to lose some weight, although, I'm not sure if that means "grossly overweight" or "pleasantly plump". I think it depends on the person using the term.

- Response by alterleo, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Boston

YES.........a "Thick Girl" is a euphemism for "BBW".........a "Big, Beautiful Woman".

- Response by MOUNTAINMAN1, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, Tampa, Retired

I would say its a girl that has a few extra pounds and carries her weight well. Still looks good even though she might be a little overweight. At least thats how I look at it.

- Response by Fancyface1998, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65, Retail

In my day and age a thick girl usually was a kind way of saying she was heavy. I don't know if it has a different meaning nowdays or not.

- Response by shyguy63, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

Yes,thick is referring to her body .It means not exactly skinny,but not fat.

- Response by coolmama, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

big boneded or she's physicaly active that she has more muscle than the average girl.

- Response by bobbb, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 18-21, Montreal, Student

Obviously, "thick girl" refers to her physical appearence, NOT her intellect! However, I think "thick girl" is a misnomer because the thin, skin-n-bones models and actresses we see in the Western world are freaks in a country like India. Here, we prefer women with enough flesh in the right places... a handful, so to say!! Similarly, BBWs in the West are (near) giants with no weird (body) proportions. I prefer to call "thick girls" beautiful, curvaceous women...

- Response by papadoc, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Mumbai, Artist / Musician / Writer

U have got to be kingin me? A Thick Female is a u know big butt nice breast women not fat but well indoued, well balanced... It isn't all about the intellagance part... GL

- Response by Purpleaggies, A Player, Female, 26-28, Miami, Administrative

YES, 99% OF THE TIME THEY ARE REFERRING TO HER PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, MEANING SHE IS NOT A SLIM LITTLE THING. BUT THICK DOESNT NECESSAIRILY MEAN FAT EITHER, IT ALSO REFERS TO BIG BONED, OR A WOMAN WHO WORKS OUT IS GOING TO BE BIGGER BECUZ OF MUSCLE. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE DESCRIPTION.

- Response by tooold4this, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Denver, Science / Engineering

Dear A thinker.
Yes apparently they are. My question to this ad is this, why on earth would they draw out the word thick, and refer to a girl. There are thick men out there too. But just because we are woman they have to pinpoint us. Its crap. If that ad offended you in any way i would do some research to find the distributing company who placed the ad and make a formal complaint against offensive ads and woman. Its basically saying cuz there are thick woman out there that means we are unlovable or unintelligent. Its stereotyping once and for all. How offensive is that? Highly in my regards.
Go for it. Let me know what you find out.
Sincerely, Advice Queeen.

- Response by advicequeen, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Seattle, Hospitality

Yes. Voluptuous. Generally a D-cup or a generous C, or wide hips with a round ass...You may not want to hear any of that though...

- Response by shaunhunter21, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 18-21, New York, Student

Thick - A curvaceous women. Full hips, thighs, and typical nice plump butt. She is not fat but she also isn't a a skinny super model thin toothpick. Her body fat is mainly in her lower section of her body, but in all the right places. Typically, she has an hour glass figure. Latino women and African American are well known for their "thick" curvaceous bodies. Guys loves thick women, just saying.

- Response by theremarkable101, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Indianapolis

A humongous fatass

- Response by burnout, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Chicago, Who Cares?

If you're answering personal ads to find a date... chances are you're a loser and really shouldn't give a shit about what an ad says about someone. Thin, thick, fat, ugly, stupid, homely... if I were you, I'd take what I can get....

- Response by mjstaceyuofm, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Consulting

To be honest, when a guy reads that it means she is FAT.

- Response by massey, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Cleveland, Managerial

With my experiences that seems to be the case. It usually depends on height but to me a thick girl is someone who's not fat but not a model either. For instance if she 5' 6" and thick then she's probably about 180- 200 lbs. A little thick but alot of guys are into that, unfortunately I'm not one of them. thx

- Response by sportsnut7875, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Technical

I'm assuming that's the nice way of saying she's fat.

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

Thick means extra padding, usually in the ass or all around. Think size 7-9 waist or above.

- Response by gdi0w, A Rebel, Male, 18-21, New York, Military

It could mean either but you are correct, it usually refers to someone who is think of build or akin to more than stalky/stocky but less that BBW (big buxom woman) or a few extra pounds which is just shy of BBW. I have not heard the term thick used often in personal adds. I always considered it by the context it is used. Most often it was the body but often enough t was about the intellect or more accurately the lack thereof.

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

Thick is when you have extra meat. It's when you aren't fat (fat hangs and bubbles out of your clothing extra), thick is just some extra pounds evenly distributed throughout your body.

- Response by cexcee, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Detroit, Administrative

well they are referring to her looks and her intellect

- Response by sreaper, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 18-21, Financial / Banking

you are definitely an intellectual, I would dare say most of the people on this site would not know the other meaning of a "thick" girl. Thick for most intents and purposes now is ussually in reference to the backside area. Thick means she has a J-Lo style rear end..

- Response by shepherd, A Creative, Male, 18-21, Charlotte, Celebrity

Thick means kind of heavy but not necessarily fat. e.e, if you are not thin, you must be thick. It has nothing to do with intelligence, as you suspect.

- Response by mmonnen, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Baltimore

A "thick girl" is one who is built like a football player. Sort of stocky and built like a man.

- Response by dragonblade, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

hmm... to answer your question, we would have to keep in mind the context. i'm not too familar with personal ads but at first glance, i would think it refers to thick-bodied. so to answer your question... yes!

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 18-21, Los Angeles, Student

I'm fairly sure that it refers to her physical appearance... Thick, big-boned, all mean that she has either a bigger frame or just on the heavier side.

- Response by gofeetgo, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

A thick girl is a girl or woman who probably has a few extra pounds but it's not exactly a bad thing. She might have a little extra in the butt or hipps or even just simply all over. I personally love thick girls my gf is 130 and 5'5", she basically fills a pair of jeans perfectly! These girls aren't fat by any means, if anything they're more in shape than some.

- Response by wesley610, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

3. thick

A girl who isn't fat or skinny, but is well proportioned, has enough meat on her bones in all the right places, most men like the thick ones.

That's my definition for a thick girl.

- Response by pumper, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 18-21, Boston, Student

Yes....a thick girl is NOT fat.....not thin.....but solid, maybe big boned, usually athletic....

- Response by muffkat, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Boston, Technical