The back part of God?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 4:20 PM - Thursday March 06, 2014

The back part of God?

"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend..." (Exodus 33:11)

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: and it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: and I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts; but my face shall not be seen." (Exodus 33:20-23)

Comment:

In verse 11 we read that God spoke to Moses, face-to-face. Yet in seeming contradiction, we have later God telling Moses that he cannot see His face. Instead, God decides to show Moses his back parts! "Back parts" of course serves as a euphemism for "ass". In other words, God here says to Moses "thou shalt see my ass."

I'll leave it to the readers to ponder the possible sexual orientation of God as he shows Moses his bare bottom.

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering