Do healers exist, can they really heal people?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:28 PM - Thursday February 20, 2014

I'm not religious, but you hear of these healers that can cure illness etc, do they actually exist?

If not, why to the Governments and Authorities allow them to take money from people?

- Asked by Male, Who Cares?

I don't believe in it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try it if I were desperate.

Ever wonder why the *everything happens for a reason* people, never can tell you what the reason is. I guess there is a reason for that.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Since we don't know everything, it's very possible someone has tapped into some aspect that allows them to positively influence things.

That's not to say I support quacks pulling chicken guts from a bowl and convincing you they are your tumor. Every change has an instigator.

As for "do they really heal people," I view this question existentially. They are not healers unless they do.

Carl Sagan pretty much nailed ideas like this for me.

- Response by huckleberry, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Technical

The only healer in this world is God. He created everything in the world and if I were sick I would be asking him to heal me IF it was his will.

people are free to give money to anyone. people really only heal themselves!

- Response by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You want the government to control who you choose to give money to for whatever reason? If they want to believe it might help them that is their choice. Not your money, not your business. The same could be said for psychics, mediums, and the like too.

there are healers only used by the Lord Jesus Christ. they are mediums through which Christ can heal..if you only believe.
but do not expect God to answer your prayer as you think he should.
The Apostle Paul prayed to God for healing of an infirmity, but God told him no..that His Grace was sufficient for Paul.
Only believe that God has the right answer for those seeking healing.
Money is not taken by true healers. only the false prophets take one's money for gain

In the US, the government is not allowed to regulate or control religion or religious practices such as faith healing. They do outlaw for-fee medical quackery.