Is this just being too nit picky about someone i date
Dating / 6:23 PM - Tuesday February 04, 2014

is this just being too nit picky about someone i date

he's not 100% reliable - promises to do things and never really follows through - last week i broke something at home - he promised to take parts that night but never did - a month ago he promised to help me hang window treatments - he never did -3 need tools i dont own - so oh well - return to store because he just blew me off again on saturday. he had promised to hang those three.

my friend said take this guy with a grain of salt and just date him - dont get serious. But i get annoyed when people do this stuff and dont want to continue to see him. I feel he is just undependable. Friends are not supposed to do this stuff.

is anyone else bothered by stuff like this?

Update: February 04, 2014.
I dont know my friend told me that I was being a baby and to grow up. I dont know if I can spend time with someone I can't depend on. I think for me, NO.

Do you believe in 'signs'?

This is what you call a red flag for someone who is in a serious relationship. If it bothers you, it isn't going to get better.

It is a sign of as glake, or someone who procrastinates, or is just a talker.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Whatttt??? A man promising to fix something and doesn't? Say it isn't sooooooo....

Jeeez, it gets worse!

No its not nit picking. But its not a red flag either. He doesn't realise its a big deal to you. Somehow communicate with him better. Or next time when he throws out an offer say no thanks, "Why do you feel compelled to offer help?" Many people compulsively offer help to feel important. But they soon forget. Ask if he knows he does this and does he need help with this condition? ! ;)

- Response by stevesoho79, A Creative, Male, 36-45, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

Let me get this right... You're already dati ng him and he acts totally flaky and undependable? And a friend says you need to grow up?

That behavior is a real flaw and if it makes him less attractive to you, that's on him.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

"Women can do everything a man can do," feminist dogma.

After more than 160 years of women demanding equality, maybe its time you figure out how to fix your own stuff.

find new friends.
he is unrelaiable.