Why does boyfriend treat me like a buddy/sister/cousin in public .... But in private is very serious
Dating / 10:49 AM - Sunday January 26, 2014

Why does my boyfriend treat me like a buddy/sister/cousin (platonic or blood relative) NON-romantic. in public (we were out of our State so we didn't even know a to e around us!!) .... But in private is very serious, wants to be exclusive, hints at marriage one day...he is 24, I'm 29. Is it an immaturity thing?

What does it mean if a guy is lovey-dovey and even a bit "serious" and exclusive in private. But then in public, in stores and even parking lots, he is cold, treats me like a buddy or "sister"?! I don't know where I stand!
He totally speaks and acts like we are Buddies or cousins when we're out. Stark contrast to deep kisses and him whispering he could marry me one day when we're in bed.
Is the pillow talk bullshit? Is he just not that into me?
Is he too immature to know how to act romantic toward a girl instead of treating her like a "guy buddy"(he's 24)?

What can I do to sway his behavior to treat me like a GIRLFRIEND when strangers are around?

I considered embarrassing him next time and say loudly,"we have sex! I am not your sister or cousin so quit speaking to me platonically!" In the aisle of a Store
But, I know I might get a bad reaction or it might backfire.
Should I say this,"I miss being treated like I'm special to you and I feel like you're being cold toward me right now."...?
What's a constructive way of handling I miss being treated like I'm to you and I feel like you're being cold toward me right now.this?
I've talked to him about it shortly before he went to sleep.
He said he is not into PDA. I know this and am not talking abou touching but just general tone of voice, body language and how u treat another person in general

- Asked by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

I am probably wrong, but is think he ashamed of being your boyfriend. He probably really likes you, and likes being with you, especially in bed, but out in public, he would rather people think you were some sort of relative, maybe sister.

It may be the age difference. He has not come to grips with being the boy toy, or something. But it seems like he is not interested in showing off his girlfriend.

You might want to talk to him in private about this. Embarrassing him will probably not have the effect you desire.

Good luck.