If weed isn't addictive ........
Diet & Health / 9:30 AM - Thursday December 19, 2013

If weed isn't addictive ........

Why do people get withdravals from not smoking it?
just confused here:)

Okay new question.... why are so many people so denial?

- Asked by asaerbest94, A Player, Female, 18-21, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

Unsurprisingly, you're not as confused as the stoners are ;)

- Response by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

I would think any addiction to weed would be mental not physical.

Being addicted to smoking pot would be like being addicted to sex..

- Response by proteus, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

It is addictive to the person who need it to escape. For the occasional weed smoker, it really isn't about escaping. It's for fun. Personally, I believe ANYTHING is possible to become an addiction to a person with an addictive personality. Recreational or not, I can't stand the way some people look and behave when they smoke weed.

For those who use it for medicinal purposes I understand. But, that *mellow* look and feel people talk about, to myself just look like a person with red eyes, who is both depressed and sleep deprived. Or, the people are obnoxiously loudly laughing about nothing, and they're irritating! Weed use, smoking, or any other addiction would be a complete turn off to me. But, to each their own.

In the past, I have had addictions to both alcohol and weed, amongst other things. While alcohol is more of a mental addiction and is much harder to give up in the long-run, I have no physical withdrawal symptoms. Weed is more of a physical addiction for me and although in my mind it is easy to give up, my body disagrees. I go through incredibly terrible withdraw symptoms. I get insomnia, nausea and actually vomit sometimes, I lose my appetite, I get the sweats really badly... It is intense for the first week and then slowly goes away over the next month.

When I hear someone claim that weed isn't physically addictive I laugh. It is, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. Maybe some people don't experience withdrawal symptoms and if that is so, then lucky them but just because one person might have no withdrawal symptoms it doesn't mean that the same goes for everyone.

- Response by jennarous83, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Adelaide, Self-Employed

It is addictive. It is harmful to your health. It is dirty and dangerous like smoking anything else. It dumbs down your mind.

I have never heard of any person having withdrawals from not smoking pot.

I believe your statement is incorrect and inaccurate.

They don't get withdrawals from the pot.

- Response by etbass, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Executive

Marijuans destroys ambition, and creates apathy. Once a cvhild or teenager is using it, it often destroys their life all or in part.

Anything that appeals to one or more of the senses, as in it reacting on the brain, can be addictive, in my opinion.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired