If a guy texts you out of the blue "I'm sitting right where I met you"
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:39 PM - Wednesday December 04, 2013

Is it "okay" to appreciate that he was thinking of me, when I "know" it means he's thinking "it's just what I do and I'm sure another girl here will interest me"

It's a baited hook. Don't bite. Translated that means you don't respond to that kind of thing unless you are actually in a long term relationship with the person or dating them exclusively.
If he is not one of those two...ignore it. This is a way to keep some gal on the hook/line. It's also grooming behavior, something players do to make sure they have potential sex partners on the line at all times.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Guys like to keep women on a string. He is making you think of him and is doing in a sentimental way which women are suckers for!

- Response by starseedwarrior, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

You are just plain over-thinking everything.

Just be flattered and be done with it.

I agree with the other three responders..this is something a long term BF or Husband should say..not a infrequent person in your life..Smile and be flattered..it is good for the ego but don't take the bait so they say..some guys need to know they have back up or a girl in the wings. Say "Who's Next" and delete. ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

His is a very warm gesture to mention that he remembers you and your first meeting.... It says he wants to stay in contact with you.

- Response by carnivaljoe, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired