Ex-boyfriend calls out of the blue.
Sex & Intimacy / 3:23 PM - Wednesday December 04, 2013

ex-boyfriend calls out of the blue.

My ex of 2 years up and left out of nowhere almost 6 months ago. Everything was fine and on my way home from work he called to tell me he wasn't home, he was on a flight to visit family half-way across the country and he couldn't do this anymore. A week later he called, wanted me to give him time to fix things in his head and basically grow up but I declined the offer. This was the 2nd time he just up and left and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I was so mad, angry, and hurt. Over the past 6 months I've picked myself up and gone on with my life. I've had so much fun being single and finding myself. There are days where I miss his friendship the most, and I do wish he would call but I'm not sure what we would talk about. He finally called. And left a voicemail saying 5 times he would love to talk to me, meet up, & twice that he misses me. What the heck.

I don't want to call him back right now because I don't want it to seem like he can just walk in and out of my life on his schedule. But I also don't want him to think I'm not calling him back because I'm still bitter about the whole situation. What can you make of this? What would you do? Any idea why guys are like this?

You already know what you need to do. Ignore him, permanently. He's not reliable and thought you miss the MEMORY of him, he will only hurt you again.
He's doing this so that you won't move on and get over him. You are getting there. Keep moving forward. Don't bother with him ever again.