Have you ever won anything?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:56 PM - Thursday October 31, 2013

Have you ever won anything?

Have you ever won anything? Like a raffle or contest?

If so- what did you do to win and what did you get as a trophy or reward for winning?

I've won tickets to concerts, I've won stuff on radio stations by answering trivia questions, won jewelry by buying a raffle ticket. Sometimes I get lucky.

- Response by diznykd, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

The best things I have won, was my wife, 5 children and 10 grandchildren. With 2 more on the way. Who could ask for more?

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

The lottery. Winning a small pot in the Lottery was one of my personal accomplishments that is unforgettable. For several years I kept records of the winning numbers of all the lotteries in the world. Each was reduced to a data bank and when I began playing every submission was checked against that huge bit of data for duplicates. If the new number was a duplicate it was discarded. A small edge, but an edge. And I worked on edges for about four years when suddenly I began winning small pots almost consistantly. When I pulled in a $5000 pot I lost interest. It was an experiment to see if working a different kind of 'system' would pay off.

I've one 50/50 raffles twice. Won about $700 in one case and $2,000 in the second.

Yay!

- Response by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting

Yes I won a contest by The National Inquirer for possessing the most credit cards.

They published my story together with a photo being surrounded with over 800 credit cards and I received $200.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

A raffle ticket and we won a trip to Hawaii!