Friendship VS dating
Dating / 1:36 PM - Saturday September 21, 2013

friendship VS dating

if you feel like you have a crush on your best friend, what would you do?Love can bring you so much closer to your heart desire when they feel the same way. But what if it didn't work?most likely you would not have the relationship like you used to, and it hurts even worse than just not letting them know how you feel. And you surely don't wanna loose your best friend whom you love, right?
would you take the risk by telling them that you want to bring the relationship to the next level? or you will play it safe by just keeping it for yourself and just love them as friends? Thanks

- Asked by abchrist91, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Jakarta, Student

Did you ever think they feel the same way with the same fears? I would metion that you think they are special in many ways and see what they say.

I would tell him how I feel there is nothing you are going to lose first of all you both did start off has friends you should think of it that way good luck to you let me know what happens and I'm going to say a pray it all works out.

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

I would tell them. Personally, I would rather risk the friendship, than watch them fall in love with someone else. You know that will happen sooner or later, right?

Marrying your best friend, is the most wonderful thing. If your his best friend too, there are many things about you that he loves already. Losing a friend always hurts, but the possibility for more is there.

This is a tricky scenario and I'm sure it happens to a lot of people. On one hand you think if you admit your love, you would be hoping to be loved back, but it can happen that the person you want, doesn't want you. So you don't risk telling them your feelings for fear of losing the friendship. But I say, to remain true to yourself, you need to express this somehow and see how things go from there. If it happens that they love you too, then this is great. If not, then it would be very hard if not impossible to stay friends. You need to judge whether or not you are able to live with the fact that you may never be friends again, and learn to live with that, or just live dishonestly as this person's friend and not show your feelings or tell the person about them. I think it would be hard to do this, and I would admit my feelings.

- Response by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Worst situation EVER (having feelings for your best friend)! I've been in it at least 5 times, and it never ended well. I tried both approaches. So now, right from the start I tell the girls I meet that I don't believe in friendships between men and women and I could fall in love at any time.

- Response by thetactician, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

I'd tell him. I'd risk the friendship. I would not be able to just play it safe and keep it to myself. There is no greater pain than pretending you're just a friend, knowing you want them. I've been there before. And, any man I'd want to date is not "just a friend."

And, if he didn't feel the same way, I'd move on from the friendship until such a time as it didn't hurt. Hopefully, he's understand that. The only guys I can maintain a friendship with if a relationship doesn't work out, are those I wasn't truly romantically desiring. Good luck though.

No, I wouldn't take the risk. Let me tell you why, I had the same kind of thing happen with me. Long time friend, it was never the same when we broke up. The person that was my friend was no long there for me, hurt the worst. Don't risk it.. Friendships have more power and longevity than relationships

- Response by fabulous68, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Home Maker

Tell him how you feel and decide together! ;)

- Response by starseedwarrior, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

i am in this current situation! i have no idea what to do and is the only thing I can think about. I want so badly to just tell her how i feel. I found out over the past weekend she has been talking to my brother telling him she does like me. but why do i feel so nervous about it? its just a hard situation but I'm thinking its worth the risk.

- Response by d4nnyt, A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25, Chicago