I'm scared. I met a millionaire...
Dating / 11:29 AM - Thursday September 12, 2013

I'm scared. I met a millionaire...

I met someone who is powerful and has money and is really into me. I know it may sound stupid to some but I am scared. I don't want this to be the reason for dating him. On top of that he is also good-looking and just seems to have it all. He wants me to spend my time with him and in his company. He is coming on strong with compliments and is really into me. I know what it's going to mean to be involved with someone like this ...private message me

Really?
What is it going to mean to be involved with someone like you speak of?

- Response by utsusu, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

I would to be scared to because my feels would be his rich and he might get mad and treat me like crap this is the way I would feel.

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

Is this soap opera or what lol

- Response by bobboy, A Jock, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Help me understand.
Are you afraid of not getting half if things don't work out?

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Just because someone is rich doesn't make them a desirable person. There are ALOT of crappy, rich people out there. How would you feel about him if he WASN'T rich?

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

Anastasia, is that you? Does he have a red room of pain? :o

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

Are you afraid others will label you a gold digger or something? I'm sure there would always be the potential for that regardless as some people would be jealous but if he's a truly decent man it could be something that of fairy tales. It won't be your reason for dating him if you don't make it that way, what others think doesn't matter if it's not the truth.

Things that could be red flags is you say he is powerful, persistent, and coming on overwhelmingly strong. Some people who think they are all powerful can try to get whatever they want with a sense of entitlement. Then once they get it, it loses the thrill of the chase and they grow bored easily. So you should want to get to know this man's character well before getting too serious about him. He may be a most eligible bachelor but if he's a playboy type you should be wary. I'd be wanting to know more about his history and watch how he interacts with others carefully. Also just because he is a millionaire doesn't mean he doesn't work hard for his money or spend long hours doing so whether in the office or by travel.

He is good looking and seems like he has it all. Go in with your eyes wide open because when things seem too good to be true, they usually are. So I would say you could give it a chance with low expectations to see if you enjoy his company or not. Just keep in mind that during this time he really is putting his best face forward and nobody is perfect so there are some flaws somewhere.

Beware, no one has it all, I would be scared too. Money doesnt do it for me, a guy has to be charming and sporty and a nice person but not rich. We can make money together. I married a poor man and we made it all together. We are well of now after 42 years of marriage and have wonderful kids too.
Millionare's lifestyles is different it might not suit you. They usually pay no attention to someone who is intellectual or have anything to do with academics, they attend and make lavish parties and usually dont want kids. If you are shy, academic or simple he is not your type, if you are opposite to these qualities, go for him.

- Response by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Vancouver, Other Profession

In real life a lot of people are millionaires, but that doesn't mean it's going to be a fit. Most people are attracted to people of similar physical attractiveness, intelligence and financial status. Be careful of datinf guys outside of your realm (above or below) above will leave you crazy and bitter never having someone like that again, below will leave you with a stalker and restraining orders.

"I know what it's going to mean to be involved with someone like this" ...huh? What does it mean and/or what do you think it means? I know a lot of wealthy men and some are nice and if I were single I would date them and others are A$$holes and no amount of money could make me fall for them.

I think if you are really interested in him, not just his money and looks, then you treat him like any other guy you have dated. People just want to be treated with respect and kindness even those with money. Keep it real and take it at a comfortable pace and you will be OK.