How do I handle this? Dating father and the son.
Dating / 11:33 AM - Friday August 09, 2013

Introduced to father by boyfriend. Have been involved with boyfriend for some time. When talking to boyfriend I call father "dad". Consider father a friend. I get text messages from both.

- Asked by sallyfamily32, A Life of the Party, Female, 66 or older

And this is your age group?

- Response by candiedcherry01, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

I'm so confused. You're dating a father and his son and you call the Father Dad...thats just creepy

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

handle what? being dumb by dating a father and son?

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

You are in deeper than I have ever been, so my thoughts are totally and uniformly unformed.

When people mislead us with age we can't help you. If you are this age the dad must be 80 and the sone is 56-65? thanks for the laugh today.

You should ask yourself one question: Is my ego boost here worth ruining the relationship between a father and a son?

Is this for real? If it is it is pure sleeze.

- Response by magickme, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Alternative Medicine

You handle this by going on the Maury Povich show!

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

You said you just get text messages from the father and you consider him a friend. So, why do you say you're dating them both? What's to handle? I don't know why you had to get the father's phone number, but ok.

If you are dating them both, I'd say you handle it by ceasing to date one or the other. Unless, this is an arrangement you three are enjoying. Who do you truly like or might want a relationship with? If it's just friendship with the father, leave it as such. Your post is a little confusing. Are there any details you left out? Just asking.

No good can come from dating a father and son. Pick one.

Your post is confusing...Your title says you're dating both the father and son, but your post says you consider him a friend and he is texting you. If you are dating them both you know it's wrong and it will most likely end badly with the son being very hurt by both you and his father. If you can sleep on that possibility then keep on...If you can't you may have to break off with them both and walk away...

- Response by cocoacurevelous, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

If you've been involved with the father in any way, you should end things with the son and cut all contact with the father. All you can do is destroy their relationship. If you haven't been inappropriate, but the father has been, make it clear that it is unacceptable and you will go to his son if he contacts you again. Be prepared to follow through if he does.

- Response by blackyoda, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Atlanta

It doesn't matter. You really aren't 'dating' the son anyway.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

Pick one or the other, Then get back to us.

- Response by pinkskittles722, A Sportif, Female, 18-21, Fitness