My neighbor is wasting water...
House & Home / 12:36 AM - Thursday August 08, 2013

my neighbor is wasting water...

I live in Texas and in my area there are stage 3 water restrictions which basically states we can only water our lawns once a week. My neighbor has been watering their lawn every night for 3 months straight now!

I've tried reporting them to the town hall, to the local police department and still nothing has been done.

I wrote up a letter to them and made it look like it was from our Town hall, it even has the logo on it and everything. Should I tape it to their front door? I know putting it in the mail box would be illegal and I don't want to risk it. I'm just so sick of people thinking water is a resource that will never run out. Just trying to be considerate for our future generations to come! Don't call me the annoying neighbor. I do have a life, I see them water their lawn every night when I come back from school and hanging out with friends.

FYI I live on 2 acres of land and so does my neighbor. Just imagine how much water is wasted! Especially with 102 degree summer heat!

- Asked by stmeow, A Thinker, Female, 18-21, Dallas, Medical / Dental

Mind your own business. Innocent people do not need their lives ruined because of snitches who think they're doing the world a favor by brown nosing the authorities who make up asinine *rules*.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

Oh, dear. First,you "wrote up a letter to them and made it look like it was from our Town Hall, it even has the logo on it and everything." Be glad you didn't put in on their door or anywhere else, because that may have cost you some jail time.
You have done your part. You can let it go and just ignore it while hanging out with your friends. Actually, there is plenty of water, just maybe not right where you are living right now.

- Response by texasgg, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Houston, Self-Employed

First off, your idea is great but it is illegal. What you need to do is to get a petition out and speak with your community about it and let them be aware of the situation. That way more voices your town hall hears, the more likely they will listen. However, I am curious though, watering at night is a sneaky way to do it, therefore you should video tape there land too as to when it starts to when it ends. So you have more work madam. But if you want a camera set up. You need a timer for it and you need it set so it only goes off at a certain and leave it on for a week to prove your point and also share it with your community. I hope this helps.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

why ru so concerned about your neighbor wasting water? i think that is her problem. I know "tamppering" with a mailbox is illegal but i would be more concerned about using a town hall logo. I think thats illegal and there is a word for it but i cant think of it now. like plagerism or something like that. i guess that it is stealing someone elses words or logo. if it were me, i would not do it but its up to U

- Response by need2knowy, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

They are selfish and inconciderate. I hate when some think they are above the law.If the town allows them there is not much you can do.

Mind your own water business.....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Mind your own business. What goes around comes around.

- Response by doodlebug612, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Cleveland, Who Cares?

Sooooo.... what happened?

- Response by pjd1701, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

There is nothing that you can do unless you do something illegal like herbicides or cutting hoses. I would through beer cans right at the property line and park a coupled of junk cars there too. -Richard

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

With water restrictions, they usually get people because of reports from the water company, that their bill is higher than it should be if they were obeying restriction.
They may be fine I they are watering a part of it every day, just changing what part.

Wow...