I need some computer help, if anyone here is savvy on files.
House & Home / 2:13 PM - Wednesday August 07, 2013

I don't know exactly what I did (!?) a few weeks ago, but all I know is that all my icons on my desktop now have and Adobe Reader sign, instead of the windows sign on them. I also cannot open up any programs on the desktop, and when I try it says "Adobe Reader cannot open up that file because does not support it, or because it might have been damaged when sent in an email". ??? What did I do? I was trying to do something obviously, and when I tried to do this, it changed my programs to Adobe Reader. Help.

- Asked by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching

So I typed: Windows 7 how to restore default file associations into Google. And the first reference that came up was a question on a Windows web site that said:

"A friend of mine accidentally selected the option which makes Adobe Acrobat the default option for opening ALL file types in Windows 7.

How can I help him restore the defaults to what they were? I'm finding that having him edit the individual file associations (ie Internet explorer for .url) is not working."

So it looks like a known Windows 7 problem.
Try: Start->Control Panel-> Default Programs -> Set your default programs
That dialogue box should let you reset your file associations

- Response by logash365, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Portland, Technical