How does one get over feeling hopeless about finding a job? I've been looking for 3 years & nothing.
Career / 2:16 PM - Tuesday July 09, 2013

I'd like to change careers. I have a B. A. in Psychology. Not sure what'd I like to do in terms of a new career, but I am open to new idea, suggestions.

look on career builders monster.com Crages list

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

First you must soul search and decide what you have always wanted to do, point in that direction and go for it. Are you currently working in Psychology and want to change? Or change and go into Psychology? I'm not clear by the way you post, but no matter. We get one life--go for what you enjoy and makes you happy. =0)

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Veterinary

AARP had an informative article about people seeking work over 50. It talks about career changes and where people in that age group are apt to be hired.

can you go into business for yourself?

- Response by befuddled, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

With a BA in psych you could do a masters in Human Resources, Social Work, or a PhD in psych. You could also do a Masters in Education and counsel with that or teach. You could get a masters in Art Therapy but need to have a portfolio for that.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I haven' t worked in 5 years. I moved to a different part of the country that was prosperous. Maybe you should consider moving, too.

- Response by itsbeenalongtime, A Player, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?