Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Active Questions

Active Questions

How does one get over feeling hopeless about finding a job? I've been looking for 3 years & nothing.
Career / 2:16 PM - Tuesday July 09, 2013

How does one get over feeling hopeless about finding a job? I've been looking for 3 years & nothing.

I'd like to change careers. I have a B. A. in Psychology. Not sure what'd I like to do in terms of a new career, but I am open to new idea, suggestions.

- Asked by Female, 46-55

Read more about the Rating System

look on career builders Crages list

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

Rating Received:

First you must soul search and decide what you have always wanted to do, point in that direction and go for it. Are you currently working in Psychology and want to change? Or change and go into Psychology? I'm not clear by the way you post, but no matter. We get one life--go for what you enjoy and makes you happy. =0)

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65

Rating Received:

How fun, I bet that was really interesting degree to get not to mention you can apply that understanding in a lot of fields. I'm not sure what you do with it now but some cross overs would be human resources, voir dire selection (that's actually what dr. Phil did prior to his show), a consultant for a company, I bet with that understanding sales would be a fit as well, corporate recruiting, even fitness trainer. What type of schedule/dress code are you interested in? Are you okay with travel?

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Rating Received:

AARP had an informative article about people seeking work over 50. It talks about career changes and where people in that age group are apt to be hired.

- Response by morningdust, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

can you go into business for yourself?

- Response by befuddled, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

With a BA in psych you could do a masters in Human Resources, Social Work, or a PhD in psych. You could also do a Masters in Education and counsel with that or teach. You could get a masters in Art Therapy but need to have a portfolio for that.

- Response by joybird, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Therapist

Rating Received:

I haven' t worked in 5 years. I moved to a different part of the country that was prosperous. Maybe you should consider moving, too.

- Response by itsbeenalongtime, A Player, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Rating Received: