White discharge from my anus
Sex & Intimacy / 3:06 PM - Thursday June 20, 2013

White discharge from my anus

Ugh I know it's gross but I went to the toilet and I found that my anus had white discharge coming out kind of like the look of cum it was disgusting I haven't had anal sex or any form of sex so I can't understand what it could be??

My first guess would be that this discharge is NOT coming from the place you think it is.

I would bet money on it being a discharge from your vagina. And, that most always means an infection of some sort. And, you certainly can get an infection without any sexual activity involved.

I am 99.9% sure of what I am telling you. I have been around a long time and had just about every problem a women can have, and NEVER heard of ANY discharge coming from the anus, other than blood.

There is a very uncommon problem that folks with irritable bowel can have. They can experience a mucus discharge that comes with having a bowel movement. But that discharge is clear, not white or milky in color. It can be thick and jelly-like, but it is clear. Do you have irritable bowel?

Of not, I think you just mis-understood where it was coming from. But, hey, I have been wrong before.

Go to the doctor NOW. If you have not had anal sex, or anything in your bum, recently, this could be a sign of a serious illness.

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

It can be associated with an anal absess or fitula that has become infected or proctitis(inflammation of the rectum and anus) and should be assessed by your gynecologist. If you haven't had any kind of sex at all ever than it isn't an STD although pus like discharge from the anus IS associated with gonorrhea, chlamydia of the anus. It needs to be treated so don't avoid going to the doctor.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Google search mucus in stools:

(Delete Spaces in link):
http://ibdcrohns.about. com/od/relatedcondition s/f/mucusstool.htm

Mucus is a clear, white, or yellow substance with the consistency of jelly that is produced by the mucus membrane of the large intestine. Mucus is also produced by other organs in the body, such as the lungs, where it helps to trap any foreign particles that are inhaled. In the intestines, mucus protects the inner lining and helps ease along the passage of stool. Passing mucus in the stool is not harmful in and of itself, but it could be a symptom of a disease or condition that may require treatment.

Ulcerative Colitis

In ulcerative colitis, the mucus membrane of the large intestine (colon) becomes inflamed and develops ulcers. These ulcers bleed and may also produce pus and mucus. The mucus may be voluminous enough that it can be seen as it is passed along with the stool.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

In IBS, there may be increased mucus production by the lining of the intestine. That mucus is then passed in the stool. Mucus is more often associated with diarrhea-predominant IBS than with constipation-predomin ant IBS or alternating type IBS (IBS-A).
Crohn's Disease

Passing mucus in the stool a is less frequent occurrence in people who have Crohn's disease. If mucus is seen in the stool of a person who has Crohn's disease, it could be associated with the development of an anal fissure.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

You have glands in your lower intestine that secrete a substance to help stool slide through. It sounds like that was what you saw. Barring any other symptoms, I would not worry too much.

If you listen to the "KNOW IT ALLS" ON HERE you could die before you get help from a doctor. Why would you ask am important question about your health on an open forum on the web? We don't know any more about what is wrong with you than you do....only a professional health care physician can tell you what is wrong and help with the problem.