She fell asleep and i left?
Dating / 9:23 AM - Friday May 24, 2013

She fell asleep and i left?

So the girl im seeing invites me over her house, she falls asleep watching a movie, i finish watching it and she just didn't get back up. So I left a sweet note and left. I get a txt the minute i get home saying "you left me" but no comment about the note or anything so now im thinking she is mad at me or something.

Im probably over thinking but if your man was busy and you were sleeping wouldn't it be nice to wake up to a note like that!

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35

I think the note is nice touch...it shows you were respecting her by not waking her up. It sounds like your at the beginning of a relationship so I think its a nice gesture.

- Response by retson004, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Technical

Dude, don't over think it.
It doesn't matter what you do, there's always going to be a reaction.
Leave a note, she complains you left.
Leave without a note, she complains no note.
Stay and fall asleep, she complains you stayed past the movie.
Marking your territory, she complains you're pissing on her.

It never ends.

- Response by inotnuts, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Newark, Retired

Probably not a huge deal, but maybe you could have gently woke her up and let her know you were leaving. What could you have been "busy" about as you mentioned? At night? Watching a movie and leaving her house? Did you have to be somewhere after?

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Yes, it would be nice... but girls are sensitive by nature and may be thinking that you left because you didn't like her, even thought that doesn't make sense I know... just reassure her that you're into her and next time just give her a kiss and say you're gonna leave so she can sleep and you can't wait to see her again or something like that.

- Response by sk8rgirl, A Creative, Female, 36-45

I thiught what you did was sweet.

- Response by 1creativemouse, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Political / Government

Maybe she didn't see the note---did you ask her?

Also, I would want to be awakened so that I could make sure that the door was locked, etc.

It was sorta rude of her to go to sleep, since she asked you over and if she is mad at you because you left...too bad.

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You should have left a text or wake her up before you left. She fell asleep thinking you where there, did you have a key to lock the door when you left?

- Response by stupidgdlkg, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Edmonton, Technical

Are you kidding me ??? What planet do you come from ?

If a woman falls asleep on you, you wake her up by kissing her all over. If a guy ever did that to me, he would be mine for life !!!

- Response by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Vancouver, Other Profession

I think this was really sweet. I hate it when people wake me up. There was this one time I was sitting next to a guy on the couch and fell asleep and he started kissing me. I was really angry at him. Why the hell does he kiss me when he sees I'm falling asleep? How disrespectful can you be! If a guy would have left me the way you did I think it would be wonderful. Maybe she's upset because you left her, but if you would have woken her up, she wouldn't have liked it either, trust me! At least you didn't just leave her, but you wrote her a sweet note. It could be me, but handwritten notes could really sweep me off my feet. Give her a little bit of time. It was probably short term disappointment, but once she's thought about it she probably understands that waking her up would be even worse. If she does not understand this, make sure that it happens again and this time do wake her up. Trust me, she'll find out how annoying it is then :-P.

- Response by koekje, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

Unless you two planned to spend the night together, I really don't understand what she expected you to do. If someone invites me over, I can understand them being tired and falling asleep, if that was the plan. But, don't invite me over and then just sleep!

If you're that tired, I don't need to visit and they shouldn't have asked me over. I think you could have awakened her, to give her a chance to wake up and spend some time with you. But, I don't think the note was a bad thing either.

I believe you are thinking too much. Whatever she feels, she need to be mature enough to let you know if she's upset. Her message was incomplete. That's on her. I wouldn't think anything more about it, unless she says something about how she felt.

Personally, if I'm invited to hang out or watch a movie TOGETHER or to be company for a person. I wake their tail up if they're trying to fall asleep, or I tell them I'm about to go.

I don't need to travel to someone house to watch television by myself. I could stay home for that. That is no less than a person spending all of their time working or talking on their phone while you're with them. IMHO

No. If you've decided to leave, you owe it to wake her up to tell her rather than leaving and making her feel like you fled the scene, regardless of the note.

There is a good chance she didn't see the note.