What does it mean when a man squeezes your waist?
Friendship / 9:35 AM - Saturday May 04, 2013

I was at the bar last night and i decided to wear jeans and a navy blue lace tank top i was tired of dressing i have worn dresses there the past couple of weeks. So i was standing up on the dj booth with my guy friend and the dj and i was dancing about when the manager comes and stands next to me he is probably in his late 30's early 40's handsom man and he is also married. I was a little bummed because he hadnt said hi to me he usually gives me the nod or smiles or somthing i guess i was feeling bold because i put my arm around his waist and then he puts his arm around my waist and i asked him how he was and he said good and then he asked me if i was staying out of trouble and he squeezed my waist twice with the arm that was around my waist. It was nice a little differnt considering he has never touched me besides high fiving me. But after he did that he ignored me for the rest of the night. He often calls me trouble when i see him i dont know why he does i dont think i cause any trouble. But i do have a crush on a employee of his.

- Asked by annacr25, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Tampa

You made contact first, he reciprocated in a customer/business manner. He reacted like a committed, married man in a bar where that happens all the time. Trouble is a fun nickname, much like you give a daughter and he may call others that too.

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Veterinary

it means nothing absolutely nothing.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I don't think that you're necessarily trouble or causing trouble at the club, it's just that he's attracted to you (squeezing your waist) it's that you're a temptation which is trouble for him because he's married. I know this from personal experience.

- Response by kaylou321, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Administrative

To me, it would mean the same thing as if he hugged you. Just a friendly way of saying hello.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

the manager has trouble keeping his hands off you / you are trouble for his marriage

- Response by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

hes flirting and so are you..HES MARRIED he'll only have you for ez sex..STAY AWAY!

- Response by riverboat, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Lawyer

he wanted to see if he could 'pinch an inch'...lol

OK. The married should have been your warning. Why does it even matter what it means? You should have been offended and slapped the crap out of him. He married and he want to hit that. You didn't budge with his touches so he moved on. The squeezing of your hips mean he want the cookies on the side!