Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

I'm in a big bind-please help!
Family & Parenting / 7:34 PM - Thursday March 07, 2013

I'm in a big bind-please help!

I met this man, we went out to eat, the movies, and had sex a few times. He is seperated from his wife (whom they have a small child together), but not legally divorced. I come up pregnant and then his VERY BAD temper comes out. He yells that he doesn't care about me and for him anyone goes to just have sex. My baby is 5 months old and he has given me some money ( about 600 a month, which is nothing) he doesn't call at all and never did anything for the baby (never even saw the baby)

He threaten me many times, etc. He told me not to put his name on the birth certificate, not to bother him during buisness hours (9-5) but he doesn't have a job, just trades options ( which is like gambling) not to bother him on the weekends, basically not to conatct him at all. For me that was ok, due to his bad temper, i hate dealing with him anyway. I know he has money-even though he yells he's broke! I don't know what to do, he was suppose to pay support again and he hasnt contacted me since last month and i really dont want to contact him for it but thats the only way. What shld i do? and isnt he a bastard for not wanting to be a dad to this child? Are all men that dont like the mother of the child abandon the child? what shld I do? Also, he keeps telling me to go to court because i will only get $300 since he has no money. I know he has alot and also i feel like an idiot that 5 months was a good amount of time for him to hide all his money, while throwing me peanuts. I really dont want to go to court or see him or deal with him. he also was arrested for beating his wife and recently i order a backround check and was told that a week ago he requested for his criminal info to be deleted from that site. How shady! help!

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

Read more about the Rating System

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I feel bad for you and your child. Even though you do not want to go to court, it sounds like the best decision. That way he will be forced to do what he should be doing on his own--take care of his child.

- Response by anonymisslady, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Rating Received:

Please don't get upset but you should seriously consider giving your child up for adoption so he/she can have a chance at a better life. This baby was not born out of love from both parents and there is so much hostility with the father that this just sounds so unfair to put a child through.

- Response by roxygoldfish34, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star