Your interpretation of this quote?.....
Dating / 3:40 PM - Thursday March 07, 2013

Your interpretation of this quote?.....

I came across this motivational quote today and it had the line " don't be afraid to work outside your comfort zone". What's your interpretation of that? Give an example of when you did....thanks

- Asked by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

A similar quotation is that "Progress is found outside your comfort zone." Basically, the quickest way to learn is to put yourself beyond your comfort zone. If you keep doing the same thing all the time, then you'll keep getting the same result.

For me,that meant saying yes to jobs outside my immediate area of expertise so I could develop professionally. Recreationally, I learn to be a better surfer by surfing on smaller boards on harder waves.

Like that.

Peace.

- Response by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting

if you aren't social, go socialize.
afraid of walking at night, go walk at night.
afraid of taking on a new task, take it on.
absorb a new environment and enjoy it.

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

It mean take that leap... If you only counted pennies all your life, try counting quarters... It usually makes for more dollars. I'm in accounting, can't you tell.

Learned that lesson the same way. Don't just do what you know, do what you want to do.

- Response by candiedcherry01, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

Pushing yourself to do something different! In terms of dating...that means dating someone you would normally write off. Not lowering your standards, but maybe you have a thing for Asian chicks, so get away from them and date a white gal. Get it? Or maybe you have a pattern of dating women who are high maintenance, so try dating a gal that is more outdoorsy and independent.

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

It means try to do something new. Don't always stay with what you know. Push yourself to do something that you haven't tried before.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

It means that you should take risks, calculated risks. I have never turned down a promotion, no matter how much more reposibility it presented.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired