Do you know that fats are necessary in our diets?
Diet & Health / 2:19 PM - Thursday March 07, 2013

I'm reading Lizzie Collingham's "The Taste of War", about the battle for food in WW-2. The recurring issues are about keeping people supplied with meat and especially FAT.
Fats are needed for energy plus they carry important nutrients-- vitamins and minerals that are derived from grazing. Fats add taste and give a feeling of 'fullness'.

A Pakistani man I knew from my work tells me how people 'back home' use loads of spices and herbs that westerners don't. There's no heart disease where he's from-- those spices and herbs are important healers, too.

- Asked by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco

Of course, they are in building blocks of our body. Cholesterol is an important part of the cell wall. Fats and meat have been a part of human diet for as long as humans have existed.
My own traditional cuisine includes lot of meat and fat. People from my old country are healthier than people in the West and women look younger because they have those essential fatty acids in their diet. My breakfast always includes animal fat. My mom is 89 and healthy, she has never dieted and has always eaten animal fats and so did all of her friends and all of our relatives.

- Response by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Natural fats - the "good" kind - have been given a really bad rap in our culture. Of course, moderation in all things is the key - but to listen to the "diet talk" one gets the impression that eating an avocado or "marbled" meat is going to turn you into a hippo! You have to have some healthy fats in your diet or your skin, hair & nails are going to be like sandpaper!

That's so ture you did need fats on your diet but not to much most of all is fruits and veggies and eat chicken and little amount of meat.

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55