I'm a cashier at a local grocery store..
Career / 2:16 PM - Thursday March 07, 2013

and i have been short like 4 times and couldn't figure out why and then we figured it out. It was the was screwing our tills up. anyways a month later I am 20 dollars short as is all the other cashiers that day.

we all get written up but "I" am the one my boss takes a side and says if i was ever short again iam fired. even after the 60 day period. I called my old boss at the other store he said that is not company go to HR.

My question is..are you a cashier and if you are have you ever dealt with anything like this?

I've worked with cash, tills, and safes my entire career.

No, a safe does not screw up your tills.

I'd say if all the tills were short $20, your manager is stealing the money.

Ask for an independent audit of the situation. Something ain't right, Willis.

I was a cashier but not a gorocery store and there was times there was missing in my till they wanted to write me up but from then on I would count my draw before I started working and I would keep the paper some place that I knew where is was and I would even recount the person change back two times to.

- Response by pawsbuddy04, A Thinker, Female, 46-55