Somebody stop me! I'm feeling the urge to text my ex! AH
Dating / 1:03 PM - Thursday March 07, 2013

This is not the way to get him back and I know this! Someone stop me! And if you want tell me tips on how to get him back!

Harlem Shake video

- Response by drunkmonk, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35

Block his number. This way, you are in control. He can't talk to you and you can't talk to him and its your choice for it to be that way. Give the whole situation some space. BLOCK THE NUMBER.

- Response by aco57, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh

It's hard to give you tips on how to get him back when you haven't stated why the two of you broke up to begin with. But maybe you could find a hobby or try getting out more so that you can fill your mind with other things than being idle and *wanting* to text him. Hope this helps!

- Response by Veronica71276, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Do you want him back yesterday, today or tomorrow? Prevent second guessing and CALL HIM UP. This "Texting" is all about isolation and is not conducive to getting together. But talking? That is where it really starts. Good Luck

How about grow up? thats sounds very childish. No one can stop you from doing something over the computer if you really want to do it.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

you are the only one that can stop yourself from getting back at him.
no one can do it for you......
to get him back? be patient.

I highly advise Ben and Jerry's in this moment....Ben and Jerry's and a 3 hour movie. Don't text. In fact have the texting feature on your cell phone turned off and blocked at your server. That helps prevent lapses in judgement.

- Response by joybird, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

So why did you break up? I would like to know that story before I advice you to speak with him or not. So what's the story?

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

I made the mistake of doing the same thing. Although we exchange kind words. I feel like the one chasing him. I miss him, but the humiliation if they don't respond as you want them to is a risk. Try to do something else like your doing now. Don't I regret texting him. Was how I wanted it to come out. He's a Capricorn

- Response by fabulous68, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Home Maker

There is actually a program called (funnily enough) Text Your Ex back (Michael Fiore). I am in the program now, and the first thing he advises is to go 30 days with no contact whatsoever. Then after the no contact period, there are some suggested texts to send. Google the program if you are interested.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

If whatever caused the break-up in the first place hasn't been resolved, why would you want him back? You're desperate to text him, because he isn't thinking about you and has moved on with his life. Something you should do also.

It sounds like someone played the bluff game and it's backfired. Now, you want to keep communicating with him. Because you don't want him to forget about you. And, you want him to *miss you* and desire you back. If that's not the case.

You need to ask yourself why you want a guy that you dumped or they dumped you, back. Something should have changed or been resolved for you to want him back. If it hasn't, you're dependent on him romantically or emotionally.

And, you're so desperate to not be alone, you'd rather have any relationship. Get out and socialize with other people. Go on dates with other guys. But, don't stay stuck on this dude like a bad drug habit. IJS Good luck.