What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:31 PM - Wednesday March 06, 2013

What is the most adventurous thing you've done so far? What would you like to try once you've built up the nerve to do it ?

- Asked by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Administrative

Swim with sharks. Great Whites. Off the California coast. They like their noses rubbed. It almost puts them to sleep.

I would like to fly dive. You know, no parachute. Just wing apparel. But I think my bones are getting too brittle now.

Being dropped off by a float-plane in Alaska 50 miles from the nearest dirt road carrying a rod and reel, 4 potatoes , 3 onions , some aluminum foil and no tent . long before cell phone era .

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

I've done a lot of traveling alone, bothin US and out of US.

Probably more so was Winter kayaking. Snow was all over the river banks and snow was falling.

I say adventurous, because hypothermia is leading cause of demise with kayaking, and that includes in the summer time, so was much more dangerous in February.

- Response by norwegi, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

My latest was riding on an ATV. I swore I would'nt go on it but I figured we only live once.It was fun.

It is a toss up between flying a 747 and burlesque dancing.

Hmmm.

I surf. Today I was in the water with 8 foot waves rolling in. That's kind of adventuresome.

My wife and I backpack. Our most adventuresome trip there was a weeklong backpack trip through the sierras. It hailed and drizzled some, but was amazingly beautiful and very remote.

I'd like to surf in more exotic locales. And we'd like to do more backpacking. Not sure if more remote is the goal, though.

- Response by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting

Took Brazilian drumming classes for 6 months. It was fun

I have had the blessing of many adventures, but the one that will always be my favorite was riding a Harley Davidson across the Millieu Bridge in France!

Can't think of anything right now, but I am pretty spontaneous so alot of the time I just go with it and don't over think it.

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Retired

My wife & I went para-sailing a few times including together on a dual harness that was fun. The highest we were was 850' above Lake Tahoe - unbelievable view!

The most exciting things were: scube diving with my 2 son's as boys off Lanai in Hawaii. We'd never done previous & were with an instructor 40-50 feet down swimming between giant boulders - very cool!

Scariest was taking private pilot lessons in a lightweight trainer plane where the wind really pushed you around. I had a couple near accidents including out over the ocean at sunset before hanging it up - figures I was not meant to be a pilot.

My wife I think has more nerve at this point than myself and has been pushing me to try skydiving for a couple years. I have no doubt she would do it in a second - me on the other hand ??

- Response by hsfbfan, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Other Profession

Almost forgot - we finally did a zip line in Maui last Fall [the one in Kaanapali]. It was different than I thought and 8 different lines up to 1/4 mile across the canyon. Def not for someone afraid of heights, but def worth a try once!

A friend has a picture of himself, filthy-dirty, leaning against his filthy-dirty Harley, on a gravel road, in front of a sign that states he has reached the Arctic Circle. The bike has Texas plates. The smile on his mud-streaked face speaks volumes.

I've had some adventures, but that one just kinda tops about anything. I need to find something to match that one.

- Response by dendresdner, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Gone up a mountain in a jeep to a village in northern Spain. It was the main "taxi" there in a village of 80 people--in the summer! The road was an open dirt, rocky road which looked as wide as the jeep was. It took about 15 minutes to go up and the man driving knew I was stricken with fear and kept wobbling the wheel back and forth as a joke. I have a fear of heights, but I needed to go up there to stay with my ex's family for a few days. Later I got fiercely sick from the drinking water and was chased by killer bees while climbing yet another mountain! I would not do it again.

- Response by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I'll be 65 in 10 days. I bought myself a Harley Davidson Sportster. IDK, I feel that's fairly adventurous at least at my age? I've been riding it erverywhere. Looking forward to road trips all around the central Texas area. Twisted Sisters farm roads In the hill country Austin, Corpus Christi, etc. I'm loving it!

- Response by gman78222, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, San Antonio, Retired

I'll do it soon enough... hanggliding... as for what I've done that's most adventurous.... I've been rappelling, white water canoeing, rock climbing, skiing, single track mountain biking, snowboarding, raced motorcycles, flown planes, sat with native Americans in a sweat lodge, backcountry backpacked for weeks alone, climbed 14'000 foot mountain peaks in summer and snowstorms, snorkeled reefs, sailed boats, travelled the North Sea on an overnight ferry during gale force winds with massive waves, swam in the freezing Baltic sea.....

None of that compares to the adventure of raising my little one... she's my greatest adventure....

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I jumped off a hwy bridge into the river below.

Small town in N.California where I used to spend summers with some cousins. There is a county road with a bridge across the river down at the other end of the farm. Folks swim in parts of the river, including just downstream from this bridge.

I was 16. There were some intoxicants involved and girls to impress. Someone dared someone else to jump off the bridge. Then we all had to do it of course.

It was probably 20 feet or so from the abutment to the water. It was the most adventurous and definitely the stupidest thing I've ever done - and I've raced mtn bikes, so that's saying something.

The adults were pretty pissed when they heard about it. Turns out some kid got killed doing that several years before and there was a pretty fat ticket if you got caught.

- Response by cd92835, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

When I was 15, after learning to ride a motorcycle...I learned to do jumps with them. The {craziest} was perhaps saying yes to a marriage proposal on our 5th date when my now husband was getting his Masters degree, though we did first meet when I was 15 & he was 16, yet were STILL together....who knew! I did *always* want to learn to fly...until I had children! Today I enjoy traveling with my very adventurous family. I once wanted to parasail until I watched a horrible accident in Mexico:-/! So now I would love to learn to scuba dive because falling out of the sky...no longer sounds or looks appealing to me. Luckily, my son & daughter saw the accident as well because they wanted to go next. Live & learn many adventures should *only* be done is safe countries...yes?

Have a good one!
Cindy

- Response by 1pghpafemale, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

I tried parachuting when I was 19. I made perhaps a dozen jumps. I was scared chitless but it was so much fun at the same time.

- Response by rhonda35, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

200 mph on a motorcycle or climbing down to red sand beach in hawaii.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

a christmas trip to hawaii and staying on wakiki beach.
really enjoyed it.
second answer..i want to go to jamaica and panama..the country

I cannot answer that because neither one is not legal. LOL

- Response by A Creative, Male, 56-65, Transportation