So to the single fellas what goes through your mind when you work with females? Spill the beans.
Career / 10:54 PM - Wednesday March 06, 2013

Spill those guts...how do you really feel?

Be honest now.....haha this does not get tacked on to your work appraisal.

Basically, working with a (one/singular) woman or a mix of men and women is alright. But when you get into a majority of women, it sucks!

I've worked in offices in which there were more women than men. I've been the only man in the office twice (there are a lot of women in information technology). The experiences have drastically lowered my opinion of women. They've also tended to kill any attraction I've felt to any of the women.

When I do work with women, the older the better. Starting about age thirty, women seem to change from paranoid, vindictive bitches to people just interested in accomplishing the job. But young women; I just want to slap them around and tell them to get to work. I should mention that I have this impression of more and more men under 25, so it may just be immaturity, not anything sex-based/sex-role/what ever issue.

Another issue about older women is that they become more attractive over time, while younger women become less attractive. When you work with older women, you learn to appreciate their insight, experience, leadership, and knowledge. It becomes easier to overlook the laugh-lines, grey hairs, and extra pounds. With younger women, you become more irritated with their bad decisions, lack of professionalism, insecurities, and just plain silly problems. Plus you notice that they're not really as pretty as they first seemed.

In a normal office environment with what is probably a typical mix of men and women, I don't date coworkers. I'm usually a supervisor or team-leader, so there are good reasons to avoid dating coworkers.

But visitors, people from other corporate offices, etc., are fair game. Lots of guys (both married and single) are on the make when they make a business trip; it seems to me as though pretty-well all women are on the make during business trips. A couple have told me that they really don't like being alone in a strange city. Whatever, a lot of the hottest sex I've ever had has been with business visitors.

When I go on a business trip with a female coworker, I try hard not to be alone with her, and make excuses ("Oh, yeah, an old military buddy lives here in town and his wife told him to invite me over for dinner,"). I don't want to get mixed-up with the coworker and have the affair follow us back to our home office.

- Response by dendresdner, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

It is one of those questions. Like does this muffler make the ass of my truck look big? If one wants to live long and prosper one must leave it in the bag it came in.

Aw, Alec, SOME women are like that. Not all of us. Please remember to preface "women" with "some" when making some of those generalizations.

Some of us actually come to work and get the work out, and enjoy the perspectives of some men in the work environment. And, like you, some of us don't want any more perspective on you than your perspective.

- Response by naiveladyquestions, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I hate working with women and if I have to, I keep clear.

Women are petty, vindictive and gossipy and they like to screw you over just because they can.

- Response by alecsmart1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Celebrity