What do you do if you've been so harassed on the job that your health starts to collapse?
Career / 10:38 AM - Wednesday March 06, 2013

But you still need the job.

I would first consult with an attorney. HR is often not to be trusted. And the bottom line is they will side with whoever they fear may sue them and throw you under the bus and blame you if the harasser is better at knowing the law than you.

I suggest talking to a lawyer so you can understand your position. I am not suggesting legal action.

You may also want to seek out therapy. And do a google search on office bullying and dealing with difficult people. And also consider finding a new job.

- Response by roxygoldfish34, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Without good health you are not going to have a job, period. Talk to the director of human resources for your company and request a leave of absence before you get terminated for not doing your job to the best of your capabilities.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Nobody deserves to be harassed. Put your complaints in writing to the upper management. A good boss will end this immediately. Remember you are a victim only if you allow yourself to be one. Rosey

You report it to HR. You will not get fired for supporting harassment...

- Response by pinkskittles722, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 18-21, Fitness

1. go to your supervisor
2. go the the supervisor over him or her
3. go to h r o
4. file and eeo complaint with the federal government

I was so harrassed once by the devil of a woman that I did finally give up my dream job....No one needs a job that bad. If I could have done things over, I would have prayed the devil out of her....

You seek medical guidance and treatment that includes, anti-depressants, counseling and learning how to de-stress and the best way to handle the job with as little stress as possible.

funny you should ask this question..same thing is happening to me..only I can't do anything about it because the one harassing me is my manager. AND it is making my health..well not good. Been having anxiety attacks that have been affecting my health.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?