Jeslousy: A guy and a girl thing?
Married Life / 1:36 PM - Tuesday March 05, 2013

Jeslousy: A guy and a girl thing?

Guys always seem to have this tough exterior and act like they dont get jealous or have issues with their girl talking to other guys or if other guys hit on them. My question is...is it a front? or do most guys really not care like they make it seem?

- Asked by ashnicole888, Female, 22-25

How long have you been on Answerology? Seems like every few days we see posts by young girls complaining about how jealous and possessive their guy is, he wont let them talk to any other guy, he gets jealous when she dresses up, he gets jealous when she has a night out with the girls, yada yada yada... Ever heard of OJ Simpson? Now THAT was one jealous guy...

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

I think it's an individual issue..Some guys get jealous, some don't.. I think the older the guy, the more he can deal with his feelings in a mature manner.

- Response by fruit7792, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Miami, Retail

In my experience, if a guy acts like he doesn't care about you and another guy, it's because he doesn't care. Most guys do care if some other guy is trying to hit on their girl. If a guy really cares about you, he doesn't want some other guy trying to move in. Even if he doesn't show he is jealous, it doesn't mean that he doesn't feel it. If he truly has feelings for you, he cares.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

I myself have never been a jealous person. But I've seen plenty of women get jealous. To me, from what I've seen jealousy is rampant in both sexes. I had two dogs - one female and one male and they both fought over me when I came over for visits; it was really bad.

- Response by ereculus, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession